Chapter 10

After Eternity (기다리는)

 

 

Chapter Ten:

 

 

 

 

“Sorry we’re late.”

 

 

Everyone in the room looked at the young award winning director as he flashed his signature smile apologizing for being late with Jessica at his side.

 

“Traffic.” He sated as he pulled a chair for Jessica to sit and sat beside her.

 

It had been a week after the ‘incident’ wherein Amber tried to confront his talent, and since then Jessica noticed that her manager was a little cold towards her? She couldn’t quite pin point out what the issue was between them, if even there was something going or was it all just in her mind?

 

The actress noticed sudden changes in her manager’s usual behaviour since Monday where he called her up and told her that he hired a driver for her, it wasn’t a big deal really, but Jessica felt that Amber has been avoiding her recently.

 

Though he did his duties as a manager like remind her through text about her jam packed schedules and treating her foods like she ordered him too, but he wasn’t physically present. He would just send someone to do it and it was making the actress annoyed for some reason.

 

It was earlier that Amber agreed to pick Jessica up after their ‘talk’, apparently Amber had planned that Jessica’s personal driver bring at KBS building, but Jessica disagreed, saying that if he wouldn’t do it then she wouldn’t go.

 

Truth be told the ice queen badly misses her manager, and for some weird reason she was feeling mad more than annoyed that he opted to hire a personal driver for her, when usually it was Amber himself who would drive her around and do stuff for her.

 

She missed how he would smile at her after her long tiring schedules or pat her head when she did a good job… really she missed those moments.

 

But she wasn’t gonna admit it sooner.

 

The table became awfully silent as they noticed the beautiful actress’ gloomy mood. It was evident that she wasn’t very much keen on being where they are.

 

Meanwhile Yoona who was sitting opposite the jerk tall tan lady, continued to glare at the latter, killing Yuri multiple times in her cute little head.

 

Yuri on the other hand was just disinterested about the current situation she was in, her mind floated off somewhere, she wasn’t liking the idea of working with the thin white lady and so she occupied her mind with random things.

 

“Ehem! Since we are all here, why don’t we tackle about your upcoming movie, shall we?” The director said rather awkwardly as he motioned his assistant to hand everyone the script and storyline.

 

  After the meeting and contract signing the group went out own respective ways with Yoona and Yuri not forgetting to send each other hateful glares, while Amber noticed that Jessica was silent the whole meeting through.

 

“Are you hungry? Let’s eat out.” Amber broke the silence as they went inside his car.

 

Jessica furrowed her brows at the sudden invitation from her manager. She looked at him as he was buckling his seatbelt and noticed the bags under his eyes, she was certain that he hasn’t been getting any sleep.

 

“Are you sleeping alright?”

 

Amber looked to the actress, her right brow was raised slightly upward and her lips formed the cutest pout.

 

“Ah-h-h y-yeah.” The man answered, stuttering a bit. He was taken aback by Jessica’s cute face.

 

“You should try sleeping early.” She advised.

 

Amber nodded.

 

The young manager gulped as he tried to control that aching feeling that was starting to build up in the pit of his stomach.

 

It was one of those few occasions that Jessica was concern about his well-being, it wasn’t that Jessica didn’t care at all, it was just-- typically she’d rather keep to herself those things that she observes about someone, it wasn’t her life after all.

 

‘but Amber isn’t just someone.’ Her mind told her. ‘what the—?’ She impassively dismiss those dangerous thoughts.

 

She shouldn’t be thinking about those things, who knows where it might lead to.

 

 

“So, what were you up to huh?” The actress begun, trying to lighten up the dreadful atmosphere. “What were you busy with?”

 

“Nothing much, just doing some errands.” Amber replied monotonously.

 

“I haven’t seen you all week, surely you missed me.” She said cheekily, trying to act cool.

 

“…”

 

“Well if you—”

 

“I did.”  Amber cut her off.

 

The ride and the dinner went into an awful silence after their short talk. Neither one said anything, though there was so much to say. It was like uncharted waters for both of them and no one really had the courage to test those waters.

 

Amber realised a breath he was holding in as he parked the car alongside the pavement, they were currently in outside Jessica’s estate—it wasn’t really her ‘home’ it was more of a formality that she and her husband had agreed on –to build a house for their daughter whenever she’d come home, she’ll have a place to stay—

 

“Nice house.” Amber commented upon seeing the 70 acher mansion that stood two-story long.

 

“why didn’t you?”

 

“Huh?” He looked at her emotionless face, as he tried to decipher what the woman was really thinking.

 

“If you missed me, then why didn’t you come and see me?” She asked again recalling their previous conversation.

 

Amber smiled bitterly as he thought of the real reason as to why he was avoiding her the whole week. It was unbecoming for the young man to spend a lot of time with his talent when he knew well enough that there are certain feelings that were building up inside him and it wasn’t a good thing.

 

‘Because I think I’m falling for you.’ Was the truth he wanted to say, but he knew that it wasn’t the time or the place to say it.

 

“Because I was busy.”

 

They both know that he was lying.

 

Jessica sighed.

 

“You said to me that you’re always here for me.” The actress begun as she tried keep in check with her confusing emotions. “I needed you… but you weren’t there.”

 

The moment those words left was like a hard slap on his face.

 

“…”

 

“And now you aren’t even telling me the truth.” Jessica continued as she looked at the man sitting beside her.

 

She knew that the ‘trust’ issue was something that Amber wanted to institute in both their professional relationship, but she was adamant before –now she was the one trying to establish that trust she so badly tried to avoid.

 

Talk about ironic.

 

“…”

 

Amber was still silent.

 

“Why can’t you tell me the truth Am?” Her words were soft this time as if trying to reach out to the deepest parts of his heart.

 

 

 

‘why can’t I tell you the truth? Because people can’t accept it.’

 

‘I want to open up again and I want to open up to you.’

 

‘Because loving you isn’t the right thing to do.’

 

‘I trust you Amber.’

 

‘I can’t hurt you Jess. ‘

 

‘I need you Amber.’

 

‘I love you Jess.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Because the truth sometimes hurts.” Amber replied after a while, his tone concluding.

 

 

 

“Yeah....” Jessica mirrored the same bitter smile that was evident in Amber’s face. “So do lies, though”

 

 

i'm aliveeeeeeee!!!

weeeeeee~ At last~!!! 

comment comment comment!! <3

saree for the typo's i'm in a rush hehe