Chapter 4

After Eternity (기다리는)

 

 

 

Chapter 4:

 

 

 

 

“Amber J Liu.”

 

Jessica muttered as she stared at the young man’s face in her laptop. The actress was currently researching about her soon-to-be manager, it’s not stalking or whatever –the woman was just being cautious.

 

Jessica was not the type who just accepts and gives away. No she was a woman of intellect and reason. So she did her research about the so called prodigy.

 

 

 

Apparently Amber J Liu is an award winning young director of ‘The Miracle in Cell 27’ is also the nephew of KBS’ CEO, Lee Donghae, and was rumoured to the next in line to handle the entertainment empire.

 

The actress slumped back into her bed’s headboard thinking of why would she be manage to a young award winning director, when the management could just hand her over to some old dudes who have seen better days.

 

Jessica was at her apartment in downtown Seoul, it was a modest studio type apartment. The furniture were few but modern. Ever since Krystal decided to study abroad, the 30 year old actress decided to move out of their mansion and have her own condo.

 

 

As the woman was just staring at the photo she couldn’t help but notice the young man’s brown irises that were seemed very familiar to her.

 

 

 

------

 

 

“Miss Jessica, it’s finally a pleasure to meet you!” One of the staff greeted the actress as soon as she entered the shop.

 

Jessica bowed in return.

 

It was the day of the initial signing of contract between Jessica and KBS which is held at a private café for the actress’ convenience and it was somewhat a get-to-know kinda thing for both parties.

 

“Please have a sit Miss Jessica.” Another KBS staff greeted her. Jessica smiled in return and thanked everyone.

 

“Miss Jessica, I must say that it is a great honor to have you in our company.”

 

“The honor is mine Sir.” Jessica was feeling comfortable as the management welcomed her like their own. It was nice knowing that KBS wasn’t some up tight cold bureaucratic company that makes you feel like you’re joining the army.

 

“By the way, your future manager will be coming soon, he had ran into some paparazzi on the way here. So he had to distract them.” One of the staff apologized.

 

“It’s fine. I actually don’t mind waiting.” Jessica smiled.

 

The actress was seated at one of the longue chair at the center of the modern café, there were a few staff and some executives together with her and her driver.

 

“He’s here sir!” Someone shouted, probably one of the staff.

 

“Hello people!” Just then someone yelled catching everyone’s attention.

 

Maybe it was the way he said it, or maybe it was the tone of his voice that made the actress fidget nervously in the confines of her space.

 

“Amber! Good that you’re finally here!” The old man who sat opposite Jessica stood up and welcomed the dashing young director.

 

“Sorry I’m late, I ran into some trouble.” The latter replied.

 

“Well you better apologize to Jessica-sshi, and not me.” The man said as he chuckled.

 

Jessica shifted in her place as soon as she heard his footsteps closer, a knot tied in the pit of her stomach something that never happened before. Why was she nervous? She really didn’t know

 

Jessica inwardly gulp, trying to keep her cool.

 

‘Why am I getting so worked up of?’

 

Soon Jessica was met by an outstretched hand.

 

She furrowed her brows, her eyes lingering on his open hands.

 

“Miss Jung.” Amber smiled at her.

 

“Uh, yeah?”

 

‘gez.. great, that was a lame reply.’ Jessica thought.

 

“Name’s Amber J Liu, it’s a pleasure to be working with you.” His voice was sincere and honest.

 

“Me too.” Jessica replied as she shook hands with her manager, smiling as she did so.

 

“Sir! Sir!” one of the staff called out. “The paparazzi found out!”  As soon as those words left the staff’s mouth a swarm of media people appeared out of nowhere and barricaded the front door flashing their cameras.

 

“.” Amber muttered. “We gotta get out of here…”

 

“How? The front door’s jam packed.” One of the executives pointed out.

 

“I have an idea.” Amber said. “Miss Jung, I need you to cooperate with me.” The young man said as he turned his attention to the award winning actress who was having a hard time with all the cameras flashed at her.

 

For the first time Jessica looked at the young director, needless to say that the he was gorgeous to boot but there was something about him that was vaguely familiar.

 

Jessica gulped.

 

------

 

“Are you sure about this Amber-sshi?”  One of the executives asked the young man as he was setting up the motorcycle at the back of the store.

 

“No.” Amber paused thinking about what he was about to do. “But we have no other choice.”

 

“She’s ready sir.” A staff came out followed by an unrecognizable Jessica.

 

Earlier the actress was asked by her new manager to change into one of the staff’s clothes much to her dismay. The team had agreed to smuggle the actress away from the paparazzi using the delivery motorcycle at the back of the store and that Amber had to do it –the smuggling part.

 

“Miss Jung, are you ready?” Amber asked the distraught actress.

 

“I’m not so sure…” Jessica replied. The actress seemed to doubt the idea of running off with her new manager, for goodness sake! They were only acquainted for just a couple of minutes, it’s not like she thought that Amber was going to harass her but the actress was concerned about her other plans and schedules for the day.

 

“Do you trust me?”

 

“Wha—?” Jessica furrowed her brows at the man before her, she wasn’t sure about the whole idea but something in the back of her mind telling her to just go along with it…maybe it was those familiar brown eyes, or the way he said those words…she wasn’t sure but she was willing to try.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you trust me?”  

 

 

Jessica & Amber's look:

 

 

 

a/n: okay, there isn't much conflict here but we promise this story is worth it :D