Chapter 6

After Eternity (기다리는)

 

 

Chapter 6:

 

 

“Are you sure about that?” Amber asked.

 

The actress replied with a shrugged.

 

The pair was currently standing in front of the ticket both of the movie house. With a small popcorn on hand Amber reached for his wallet unwillingly, to pay for the tickets.

 

“Are you rely sure about this? You know I don’t mind chick flick movies, we can watch those…”

 

“Er, I’ve got enough of chick flicks. I wanna watch this.”

 

“But it’s a pretty scary movie.”

 

“I haven’t watched this yet.”

 

Amber sighed as he paid the lady who was smiling broadly at him.

 

“Thank you sir! Please come again….” The sales lady said with a wink.

 

“Y-yeah...uh thanks.” Jessica snickered as she observed Amber’s reaction. It was obvious that the girl was flirting with him from the start but Amber was too oblivious to notice.

 

“that was weird.” Amber commented as they settled themselves in their seat.

 

“That chick has hots for you.” Jessica chuckled.

 

“She’s not my type.”

 

“Ooh so Mr. Manager has a type now?” Jessica was intrigue. Even though Amber Liu –the most desired bachelor of his age and is very popular among his peers –had a lot of dating rumors she never had heard that he had a relationship with someone. EVER.

 

“Of course!”

 

“Sharing is loving~” Jessica said with a singing voice.

 

Amber passed her the popcorn.

 

“I meant you’re story dork.”

 

Amber chuckled at the actress who seemed pissed.

 

“What do you wanna know about?”

 

“Well for once I never heard you were in a relationship with someone…so…”

 

“So, you’re telling me you’re interested in my love life?” the director smirked.

 

“Yah! Forget it” with that Jessica turned her attention to the big screen.

 

When the movie started playing Jessica noticed from the corner of her eyes that Amber wasn’t moving, the young man sat there completely still and calm, his freaking feet was doing number four for goodness sake!

 

Jessica smiled at the queer sight.

 

 “Holy shi…!” Amber blurted out when he got startled.

 

Jessica turned her head to look at him. She can’t believe that the cool and most admired young director is a scaredy-cat. She giggled silently in her seat when Amber always get startled because of the movie’s sound effects and ghost who suddenly popped up.

 

“Amber!” she suddenly poked him on his side which made the guy jump out on his seat.

 

She burst out into laughter seeing the look on Amber’s face.

 

 

 

 

 

It was EPIC.

 

“Aish! Yah! What’s wrong with you?!”

 

“What’s wrong with YOU? You are the director so you are not supposed to get scared at this kind of movie. You know they are not real.”

 

“She’s ugly! Her face is scary!” Amber was frantic.

 

“Pfft! I was expecting that you already got used to this kinds of movie.” Jessica said and scoffed.

 

“I never watch horror movies.” Amber mumbled softly as he sat back on his seat.

 

“Really?” Jessica answered with raised brows.

 

“Yeah!”

 

“Then what about those times when you look in the mirror?” Jessica said with a sly smirk.

 

“Are you kidding me? This face?” Amber said while pointing on his face. “Hah! There are lots of women who were dying just to look at this face.” He continued.

 

“The ones looking like the ghost in the movie” Jessica replied and giggled. Amber squint his eyes on her.

 

“Just watch your movie.”

 

It was already evening when they got out of the movie house. Jessica grinned as they walked outside.

 

“That was fun.” The actress commented. Honestly Jessica was more amused on Amber’s reactions than the movie. While the young manager was thankful that the move was over, he seriously doesn’t watch horror movies, but this was an exception….

 

“So where to next? I’m hungry.” Amber looked at the woman beside him as she spoke. She was smiling radiantly and it made Amber’s heart ache.

 

“You pick.” Was all he could say.

 

Jessica pondered for a moment pouting cutely as she thought of a place. While Amber couldn’t take his eyes off the woman, for the first time he felt his heart raced and ached at the same time.

 

And it wasn’t a good thing.

 

“I got it!” Jessica suddenly said bringing Amber out of his musings. “Give me your keys.”

 

Amber arched his brow at the girl.

 

-----

 

“I never thought this kind of place exists here…” Amber said as he took in his surroundings.

 

Jessica drove them to this traditional Japanese inspired restaurant in the secluded part of the city. It had the traditional Zen garden in the middle of the wooden house, there was even a pond in the middle with large Koi’s.

 

“How did you know about this place?” Amber asked the woman sitting opposite him.

 

“hmmm? Well I used to work part time here back in the days. The owner is like family to me.” Jessica answered. “I haven’t visited this place for many years….”

 

Amber nodded.  

 

Jessica smiled at him. The young manager blinked as he remembered the first time they met at the airport, when she smiled at him –it was the same smile he saw, as he recalled.

 

“I miss that smile.” Amber smiled back.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Oh, so you don’t remember…” Amber said more to himself.

 

“remember what?” Jessica was clueless as what her new manager was talking about.

 

“The first time we met.”

 

“You mean earlier at the café? What about it?”

 

“No, the very first time...” Amber pressed. “We’ve met before…airport? No?” Amber studied the actress’ confused face.

 

“I’m certain that I haven’t met you on my younger years, Manager.” She stated.

 

“You did forget.” Amber said to her which made Sica furrowed her brows.

 

“What are you talking about?” Sica asked.

 

“Nothing forget it… you are really getting old.”

 

“Yah! That’s it Liu! You’re getting it!” Jessica half-yelled as she stood up to  pound her new manager.

 

“I’m sorry! It was just a joke..!”

 

After a few minutes of smacking the living hell out of her manager Jessica settled back to her seat cushion as soon as their food arrived.

 

“Thank god for the food…” Amber whispered as he clutched to his aching head.

 

 

 

 

“That was delicious!” Amber exclaimed as they walked in the sideways making a few people turn to them.

 

Jessica smacked him.

 

“Ouch! What was that for?” the young man whined.

“Be quiet!”

 

Amber sighed. He was supposed to be the manager but now, Jessica was bossing him around.

 

“I’m glad you find the food delicious.” Jessica said as they continued to walk to the nearby parking lot where the motorcycle they highjack was parked.

 

“It was…thank you for treating me.” Amber replied with a smile.

 

“Don’t thank me yet. Coz next time you’re gonna treat me every day to lunch and dinner.”

 

“Decided that on our own did we?” Amber teased.

 

Jessica just stuck her tongue out to her manager.

 

The young man was happy seeing the carefree side of Jessica, she was smiling genuinely now, and that mattered to him.

 

“Let’s go somewhere.” Amber told the actress. Jessica turned to him and her watch

 

10:58 PM

 

The actress furrowed her brows as she thought of how late it was to be strolling around, and the fact that still had an itinerary planned for tomorrow.

 

Jessica paused. She looked at Amber’s soft features in the dark. He was smiling at her.

 

Jessica had never been an open book to anyone, she was more of a closed door to people and that was the reason she seemed so cold to everyone who doesn’t know her that well. The woman was just being cautious, she had suffered too much in the past years that she became what she is today. After all pain shaped her whole personality.

   

 

 

 

 

 

“So, where to next?”