Chapter 5

After Eternity (기다리는)

 

 

Chapter 5:

 

 

 

Amber can see the hesitation as well as confusion in Jessica’s eyes. A smile was drawn on his face when somehow the woman finally nodded her head. He somehow felt happy knowing that she trusted him in some way. The two snuck their way out of café.

 

“Are you ready?” Amber asked, excitement was evident in his voice.

 

“No, I’m No—aaaaaaaah!” Jessica wasn’t able to give a decent reply as Amber speedily drove away.

 

 

------

 

 

“Fame is really troublesome.” Amber mumbled which made Jessica look at him. “Your privacy will be robbed from you once you have it.”

 

“Then you shouldn’t have entered the entertainment industry.” Jessica answered him with straight face.

 

Amber pouted at her, while Jessica rolled her eyes at him. It was cute and innocent, one she barely finds now-a-days with any males she’s been with.  The actress brought her attention back to the rack of clothes before her. Earlier the pair went to an exclusive apparel store to get better disguises after Jessica pounded her new manager for driving so freaking fast.

 

“hey, do you think they will still recognize me if I wear this?” Amber asked and wore thick framed glasses. “Oh wait, let’s add this!” he continued and wore a black LA cap.

 

“I don’t think they will. You look like a nerd.” Jessica commented.

 

“Not handsome anymore?” Amber replied with a cheeky smile.

 

“Who said you’re handsome?” Jessica answered with raised brows.

 

“Well, I don’t know…practically everyone…?”

 

“ha.ha,ha. You are so full of yourself.”

 

“Just kidding~” Amber chimed in. “But seriously, we should hurry up here so that we can totally get away from them and roam free.”

 

Jessica simply nodded her head in response without facing Amber. After half an hour, they finally decided what to wear.

 

“Are you finished already?” Amber called out to the woman who was still inside one of the cubicles fitting her new get up.

 

“Just hold on a minute…” The latter replied. “So how do I look?” Jessica wore something that was very normal with a few paraphernalia’s added to make her look ordinary and unattractive’.  

 

“…”

 

“Hey! Amber-sshi?”

 

“Is it just me or are you effortlessly beautiful?” It was supposed to be an innocent comment, knowing Amber –the guy was just being honest.

 

“Do you always flirt with your talents?”

 

“You’re the very first one.”

 

“So, you’re telling me you’ve never flirt before?” Jessica arched her brow.

“No, you’re the first I’m managing. And I wasn’t flirting!” Amber pouted. “I was just being honest.” He mumbled as he paid for their clothes and accessories, but the actress heard it.

 

Jessica smiled.

 

Jessica who has a high fashion sense was the one who chose for their get up. Amber appeared as a geeky young man while she appeared as a no sense of fashion woman.

 

“We look like a college buddies hanging-out.” Amber said jokingly when they got out of the store.

 

“We still attract other’s attention.” Jessica stated as she noticed people are still staring at them.

 

“But not to the point that they will bother us.” Amber replied with a grin. “Now that we’re free, let’s enjoy our day!” he exclaimed happily. “What do you want to do?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“It’s our meeting day and we were supposed to get to know each other but the paparazzi came into picture and ruined it. So, I’m thinking that we should hang-out instead today so that we will get to know each other more. Besides, we will be working together soon.”

“What about our schedules?” Jessica asked. “What about my schedules?!” the woman pressed on stressing the italicised word.

 

“I’m your manager, I’ll just cancel all your itinerary.” Amber stated as a-matter-of-factly. “Besides you don’t mind being task free.” He smiled.

 

“And what made you say that!?”

 

“I know you do.”

 

Jessica sighed in defeat. She was as matter of fact very much would like to be free for a damn whole day. “What if other people will be able to recognize us despite our disguise?”

 

“Trust me, they won’t.” Amber said with an assuring smile. “Loosen up, will you? You are the ordinary Jessica right now, not the actress one.”

 

Jessica kept her head low as they were walking among the crowds. It’s been a long time she roamed freely outside among the crowd in the streets. She forgot the feeling of being just an ordinary person and now the feeling slowly coming back to her. She missed this…freedom.

 

“I thought I wouldn’t see that kind of smile on your face.” Amber stated which caught her attention.

 

“What?”

 

“I never saw you smile like that even before.” Amber answered. “Let’s have more of that smile and I know the perfect place where we can have those.” he continued and winked at her.

 

Jessica just decided to follow Amber against her better judgement. But somehow she had this feeling deep in her gut that was telling her to do so. She did not understand why she has this kind of feelings towards him. All she knows is that Amber being in her side makes her life exciting as well as interesting.

 

“Arcade Station?” she said in disbelief when they both stand in front of the place.

 

“It’s the place where we can have a lot of fun.”

 

“In case you forgot, I’m already 30 years old, Sir!”

 

“Hey now, I thought we established a trust line here… Just trust me okay? Don’t worry, there is no age limit in the Arcade Station. I know you will have a hundred percent fun inside there.” Amber replied and chuckled.

 

Sica was about to protest but Amber suddenly grabbed her hand and dragged her with him inside. Her attention was focus on his warm hand holding hers.

 

Weird.

 

“S-Sorry!” Amber quickly let go when he noticed that Sica was looking at his hand that is holding to hers. He flashed an awkward smile to her.

 

“It’s okay.” Sica replied shortly and the awkward atmosphere began to envelope them.

 

“Uhm, I’ll get some tokens for us to use. Wait here a sec.” Amber said to her and she nodded in response.

 

Amber scolded himself as he was walking away his way to the token booth. He chuckled when he recalled what he did. Although he knew that it was wrong to do that but deep inside it felt so right.

 

“I better remind myself that she’s already married all the time.” He mumbled sadly.

 

After he got some tokens, they tried almost all of the videogames that they find interest to. It always made Amber stare at the older woman every time she laughs. It never fails to make him smile.

 

“Did it hurt?” Amber said out of the blue.

 

“huh? Did what hurt?” Jessica asked perplexed.

 

“Did it hurt when you fell out of heaven?” He answered with a smile.

 

“So, you’re implying that I’m satan?” Jessica emotionlessly, but in the back of her mind she was rather enjoying teasing the younger man.

 

Amber on the other hand was lost for words, certainly he didn’t thought of it that way. “N-no! I wasn’t! that’s not what I meant… y-you got it wrong..!” He was shamelessly stuttering.

 

Jessica burst out laughing at his panicked face.

 

“You’re mean.” The boy pouted that made Jessica laughed even more.

 

“Minahe…minahe, I just couldn’t help it.” Jessica apologized as she repressed her laughter. “god, I missed laughing like that.”

 

“Well if teasing me will make you laugh like that, then I won’t mind…”

 

What Amber said made Jessica stopped her fits of laughter and stared at the man before her. He smiled.

 

“You’re really a sweet talker, do you know that?” Jessica commented.

 

“can’t help it. I was born this way…” He replied smirking

 

“Yah!” the woman smacked his arm playfully telling him to stop admiring himself too much.

 

“Arasso…arasso!” Amber said. “So what to do next?”

 

“I don’t know, you’re the manager, isn’t that supposed to be your job to tell me?” Jessica replied wittingly.

 

 

 

“Aish… you and your smart replies.”

 

 

 

 

a/n: There you have it folks, sorry for the late updates... our college life takes first priority,... so yeah,

 

'till next time! comments your thoughts guys.. we'd like to know 'em :D