Chapter 3

After Eternity (기다리는)

 

 

Chapter 3:

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sir.” The young man bowed as he greeted the elderly man dressed in an expensive grey suit.

 

“Please, how many times do I have to tell you no formalities when it comes to just us boy.” The old man replied in a rather playful manner, gesturing the young man to sit down.

 

“What do you want to discuss about, Uncle?” The young man smile sitting down opposite KBS’ CEO, it was nice seeing his only living family again after studying abroad for years.

 

“How have you been?”

 

“I’m fine…”

 

“I’m glad you’re finally home.” The old man's voice held sincerity as he looked at his own flesh and blood. “You’re 24 now are you Amber?”

 

“Yes, and you’re 57. “ The old man laughed heartily at his nephew.

 

“Okay, okay. Joking aside Am, I want to show you something.”

 

Both men leaned back on their respective seats as the old man the flat screen TV.

 

 

Amber was taken a back as he stared at the monitor before him. IF he remembered correctly it was 6 years ago that he saw that same face, and even after such a long time she was still as beautiful as ever.

 

He had heard numerous rumours about the actress about how her marriage was falling apart and how she had therapy due to extreme depression, but he shrugged it all off, he was too busy on his own life.   

 

“Beautiful isn’t she?” His uncle’s voice brought him out of his trance.

 

“Uh..y-yeah. She is very much beautiful.” He smiled sadly.

 

“Do you happen to know her name?”

 

‘Her name?’ Amber thought.

 

His smile grew at the thought. How could he forget her name, it was a few days after their faithful encounter at the airport that he knew about her by the help of one of his friends who happens to be an avid fan.

 

“Jessica Jung.” Amber said as he looked at the man in front of him. “Only a cave man doesn’t know her.”

 

“Ah yes.” His uncle chuckled. “Miss Jung is a sought out award winning artist, and a very famous one at that. Plus her husband’s scandals are adding to her fame.” The man sadly said.

 

Amber could only nod.

 

“Miss?”

 

“Yes, she prefers her maiden name even after the marriage and she is and always will be address as ‘Miss’.”

 

At that Amber’s brows furrowed.

 

“But let’s not talk about that.” The old man dropped the subject as he sat up straight. “Getting down to business…”

 

“when is it ever not?” Amber joked which both men chuckled.

 

“Alright.. enough, enough.  Back to the topic at hand.” His uncle began. “Miss Jung will be signing a contract with us next wee—”

 

“Wait, hold on. Us?”

 

“Yes, Amber us. You are part of this company and whether you like it or not you’re gonna be the next in line after me.”

 

“But uncle you still have many nieces and nephews who are more willing and more experienced than I am, it’s better for them to—”

 

“Amber please, let’s not talk about this now.” His uncle said solemnly.

 

Amber just nodded his head knowing his uncle was as stubborn as he is.

 

“So, as I was saying, Miss Jung will be signing the pre-contract next week, and a week after that we will have a public signing event to welcome her here.” He uncle paused as he looked at his nephew.

 

 

 

“I want you to handle her.”

 

 

 

 

------

 

 

“hey have you heard about the news?”

 

“what news?”

 

“About Miss jung’s husband…he has another scandal!”

 

“What!? Really? Who is it this time?”

 

“I don’t know, the girl wasn’t famous but the picture was quite vivid!”

 

“How scandalous.”

 

The 30 years old actress was currently taking a break after tapping the last scene in her latest drama when she overheard the one of the make-up artist and some staff talking about her husband’s latest scandal.

 

Jessica sighed.

 

“He is so shameless!”

 

“I know right? I wish Miss Jung would just leave him.”

 

“Yeah, he’s no good for her.”

 

By now Jessica was immune to all the backstabbing and rumours about her and her husband, Choi Siwon. It was like she out grew everything around her and just moved on with her life. Although the actress was pretty much sure that all the scandals were true, she even witnessed some herself, she never did divorced or attempted to divorce her husband,

 

 

All because of their daughter,

 

 

Krystal.

 

If not for her Jessica would have left that bull excuse for a man she calls her husband.

 

Was she sad?

 

 

 

 

 

 

No, but she was depressed.

 

“Jessica.”

 

The actress looked up only to find her manager.

 

Jessica smiled.

 

Her manager was one of the people whom she trusted and was always there to comfort her in her time of need. He was just like a father figure to her and well the old man reminded her of her deceased father, they somehow resembled one another.

 

“Do you have a minute?”

 

“Of course! Anything for you pops.” The old man smiled.

 

The pair bid their farewell to the crew and the staff as they went to a nearby coffee shop to chat.

 

“I assume you heard about the news…”

 

Jessica could only nod as she took a sip from her mocha latte.

 

“Hey baby girl, don’t mind ‘em. News nowadays always exaggerate the whole story.”

 

Jessica scoffed.

 

“Anyway Jessie, you know I’m at my limit with my age and all, I should be retired for goodness sake…” Her manager started.

 

“Pops, please, just one more year.” Jessica said or more likely beg her father figure.

 

“Jessie, please understand that I can’t even move that well, and I know that I will not be able to handle you  properly.”

 

“Then what are you proposing?”

 

“KBS’ CEO is a dear friend of mine. You know that right?”

 

Jessica nodded.

 

“We had a talk last week about you signing to them, and I have personally requested from my friend to assign you to someone capable and trustworthy and he agreed knowing that it is my last wish before I retire.” The old man was smiling sadly as he looked at his talent.

 

Jessica was fighting back the tears that were forming in her eyes. She doesn’t want her manager to see her beak down and cry. She must stay strong.

 

“Who will it be?” the actress asked forcing her voice not to crack.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Amber J Liu.”

 

 

 

 

a/n: OMG i have so many on going fics. aish...