Chapter 11

After Eternity (기다리는)

 

 

Chapter Eleven:

 

 

 

 

 

 

She swore she heard coming from the master’s bedroom.

 

 

 

Her bedroom.

 

Jessica squinted her eyes as she nearing the doubled doors at the end of the hallway at the second floor, preparing herself of what she half expected of her good husband.

 

“Whenever the cat is away the mouse comes out and play…” The woman muttered under her breath as she was walking lazily towards her destination.

 

The 30 years old actress was currently in her house, well if that’s what you call a 70 acher lot and a modern two-story building structure complete with an infinity pool with a view, then I think the ‘house’ is understated—

 

“Uhhhhhhhgggggghhhhhh!”

 

As she was coming closer to the maple wood door the got louder, she readied herself for what might come next, though she had a pretty good idea of what it might be.

 

“J-Jessica?”

 

The room smelt of ecstasy, sweat and , and there he was spread out on his back with a woman—no, with a girl, whom the actress could only guess that she was no less than 18—on top of him straddling and grinding in fast rhythmic pace.

 

 Siwon.

 

He never changes.

 

Jessica couldn’t care less. It was rather a familiar scene seeing her husband in that compromising position almost all the time.

 

“I-babe, I didn’t know you were coming…” He breathed out panting as he loosed his grip on the girl’s . “let me explain…”

 

“It’s okay, by all means, don’t let me ruin your fun.” The actress scoffed. “I’m just here to get my things.”

 

With that she went straight to her walked in closet and took all the things that was hers, dumping them messily into the luggage bag ignoring the stinging of her heart.

 

True, she had been able to accept the fact the Siwon isn’t gonna change. True she had already seen Siwon in similar situations in the past, some are even more extreme than what she saw earlier, but no matter how much she had already been accustomed to this kind of setting it still hurts.

 

It still hurts.

 

“Babe, let me explain…” Siwon tried to reason out as he grabbed his wife’s arm as she was walking out.

 

“Let go of me!” the actress instantly spat as she tried to get out of Siwon’s grasp.

 

“Just let me explain okay! It’s not what it seems!”

 

“Then what the hell is it?!” By now Jessica was mad. It was one thing to see her husband in bed with another girl who was as young as their daughter, but now he had the nerve to explain what transpired less than a minute ago as if it wasn’t clear what they were doing!

 

“I was drunk, she was drunk. I’m sorry—”

 

“Please Siwon, I heard it all.” Jessica stopped him. “When is it ever enough?” with that petite actress left, silently vowing to herself that she wouldn’t be coming back—leaving Siwon flabbergasted.

 

 

 

 

“Jess?”

 

“Amber? What are you doing here?” Jessica asked, surprised to see her manager at the same spot she had left him earlier. “I told you to go home didn’t i?”

 

“You’re sounding more of a manager than I am.” He smiled softly at her as he took the luggage and placed it at the trunk.

 

Jessica blushed. Even in darkness she could faintly see Amber’s caring smile.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” Amber asked when Jessica didn’t respond.

 

“y-yeah I’m just tired.”

 

“Well it’s almost past 10 and it looks like it’s about to rain.” The young man said as he looked up the redden sky and hugged himself out of instincts against the cold. “Why don’t we go home neh?”

 

Jessica smiled.

 

The ride back to Jessica’s apartment was silent like always, neither one talking to the other as the rain pounded heavily throughout the whole of Seoul.

 

The pair arrived in modest studio type apartment soaked to the bone.

 

“Here.” Jessica held up a towel towards her young manager who was busy trying to dry himself up with his handkerchief.

 

“Thanks.” He muttered and gladly accepts the soft towel.

 

“I think the rain isn’t gonna be over soon.” The actress commented as she dried herself.

 

Amber could only agree seeing the thunderstorms gracing the pitch black sky outside.

 

“why don’t you just stay here for the time being.”

 

“I-I don’t know Jess.” Amber replied, reluctant of the idea.

 

“Oh come on. I won’t bite. Promise.”

 

‘it’s not that you won’t bite.’ Amber thought.

 

Yup it was definitely not because Jessica bites, ‘coz she doesn’t bite.

 

She glares.

 

But that wasn’t what was disturbing the young man, it was in fact the thought of having the actress near was making him and making him feel…

 

“Hey dork.” Jessica called out to the weary adult.

 

“Yah! I’m not a dork.”

 

“You look like one earlier.” Jessica snickered.

 

“Well you are an ice queen.”

 

“Yah! You’re gonna pay for that dork!” As if on cue Amber begun running around the place with Jessica trailing behind him holding her spatula which the first thing she got a hold of at the thought of pounding Amber’s  huge head.

 

“Hey, I give up! I give up! Truce!” Amber said panting.

 

“Hah! There is no truce my dear manager! There is only my wrath!” Jessica yelled as she charged at her victim.

 

“ouch! Hey!” Amber tried to defend himself with his bare hands but it was no use against the steel might of Jessica Jung and her spatula.

 

When Jessica didn’t show any signs of stopping Amber could only think of one thing to make the ice queen stop.

 

 

He tickled her.

 

“Yah! Haha! Stop it! haha! stop it! truce!” this time it was Jessica’s turn for truce while laughing.

 

After a while the two broke off, Amber panting hard as he tried to support himself up. While Jessica sat motionless in the floor as she remembered how Siwon would tickle her when she was in a bad mood or when they were arguing or simply horsing around.

 

“Hey, you okay?” Amber said as he sat himself near the woman who seemed lost.

 

With shaky hands he slowly reached for her shoulder, squeezing it gently as if trying to say that he was there and that he would listen.

 

“It hurts.” Jessica said out of the blue. Her voice dripping in sadness that Amber could only stare at how the actress’ face gradually showed her real emotions.

 

“It hurts and I can’t do anything about it.” Jessica spat dejectedly. “It hurts that I couldn’t save our marriage. It hurts knowing that our daughter doesn’t know about all this and I have to pretend I’m happy.” She sobbed, now letting the tears that were overdue flow freely from her tired eyes.

 

 “…”

 

“The truth hurts.”

 

‘yeah the truth hurts.’ Amber thought as he let the woman pour the contents of her heat out, drenching his already wet shirt with tears as he rubbed her back soothingly.

 

‘it hurts seeing you cry, seeing you hurt and there is nothing I can do about it.’

 

“I’m so tired Am…” came Jessica’s muffled voice. “ I’m so sick and tired of it all. I’m sick of thinking. I’m sick of keeping it together!” She spat as she punch her manager’s shoulder.

 

Amber could only hissed at the impacted.

 

“I’m tired of pretending!” There she finally said it. “I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t know who I am anymore.” Jessica added.

 

“Shhh… you are Jessica Jung. A talented award winning actress, adored and respected by many and loved by all.” Amber begun. “You are loving mother to your daughter, a strong willed woman who has many desirable traits than one could count.” He swallowed the lump on his throat as he tried to hold in his feeling for the woman who was in desperate need of comfort.

 

Amber silently swore that he would be anything she means him to be. Her comforter, her friend, her manager, her listener, her punching bag—anything, he would do anything if it means her well being.

 

“What am I going to do Am?” Jessica asked after minutes of crying, the tears finally stopped. “what is the right thing to do?”

 

“Hard to say what's right when all I wanna do now is wrong.” He said in hushed tone, thinking about what he was feeling for the woman hugging him.

 

It was all wrong… It’s very hard to explain how the young man was feeling at the moment, but if he had to pick a word for it—it would be ‘Mad’. He was madly in love with her, and it was wrong.

 

No matter how great his love for her is, it couldn’t change the fact that Jessica is married. Maybe it was selfish of him to think about what he was feeling at the moment when the woman he loves was talking about how she wanted to salvage her marriage.

 

He bit his lower lip as the realization slowly dawned upon him and great pain no less is well on its way.

 

 

 

 

‘I’ve fallen in love with you Jessica Jung. Why is that such a crime?’

 

 

 

 


imma finish this up so i can continue with my other on going stories.~

how's it going my friends??? XD