Chapter 12

After Eternity (기다리는)

 

 

Chapter Twelve:

 

 

 

 

“hey, you ready?”

 

“Yeah. Be out in a minute…”

 

“Okey, I’ll just take your things to the car then.” With that Amber took the luggage to the car . “I’ll wait for you there~!” He yelled at the closed door of the bathroom before going his way.

 

Meanwhile Jessica was busy preparing herself for their team’s weekend getaway to Jeju, where the management plans treat the staff a two days off to relax and unwind.

 

The convoy consists of five cars, one of which belonged to Amber while Jessica opted to seat at the passenger seat, which intrigued most of the staff. Normally the actress would seat at the back where no one will disturb her or she prefers to travel alone with a personal driver. But here she was in front of them, talking casually with her manager not to mention she was laughing along with the others.

 

JUST GOT REAL

 

The management booked an entire island for two days—talk about overspending budgets—but this was a necessity. Everyone needed rest.

 

“Mr. Lee thank you so much for giving us the entire weekend off.” Yoon Eun-Hye, one of KBS’ prime artists went to thank Donghae personally for the treat.

 

“Always a pleasure Eunnie, you know I would do anything to keep you guys comfortable and happy with your stay with KBS.” The old man replied. His eyes turned crescent as he chuckled. “It would be great if every day is like this huh?”

 

“It would. But we both know that it isn’t possible.” The actress commented as she smiled looking at her fellow record label artist mingling with each other, while Donghae just silently agreed.

 

“Mr. Lee, it’s so nice to see you here.” A voice said.

 

The pair looked at the new addition, Jessica Jung, and trailing behind her was her manager.

 

“Ah! Ms. Jung! It’s so nice for you to join us.” Donghae said. Jessica just smiled and bowed a little to both her sunbae-nims, Amber followed suit.

 

“So Ms. Jung I’d like to meet Ms. Yoon Eun-Hye. One of our pride and joy such as yourself.” Donghae gestured towards the beautiful Eun-Hye, earning him a light slap in the shoulders.

 

“Oh please, hardly.” The latter commented. “Call me Eunnie, or Eun-unnie.” The actress smiled beautifully as she held out her hand for the younger one.

 

“Jessica.”

 

Jessica smile, her eyes glistening against the shimmering waters.

 

Amber could only stare. He could quiet grasp the effect she had on him. To be honest he hadn’t been the romantic type nor did he paid any attention to anything pertaining to romance and love. He has seen beautiful, gorgeous, y hot –you name it… he had seen it all, he was accustomed to it. But why, oh why was Jessica so different…

 

 

“Hey there sport.” Donghae nudge the young manager out of his trance. “You okay?”

 

“Y-yeah.. I  mean yes sir.” He replied, coughing a little.

 

“Aish I told you don’t call me that.”

 

Amber could only sigh in response.

 

“Ms. Jung, is my nephew giving you a hard time?” Donghae asked Jessica who was chatting with her new friend.

 

“Huh?” Jessica turned to the guys, looking to Donghae, who had a smile on his face then to her manager, who was frowning.

 

She smirked evilly. “uhm… sometimes…”  she said acting all sad. Which was way buyable…ehem award winning actress..ehem.

 

“Wha—t!?”

 

“Amber!” Donghae reprimanded his nephew.

 

“Yah! I-I don’t~” He whined while Jessica and Eun-Hye was sniffling a laugh.

 

“I was kidding Mr. Lee.” Jessica finally laughed when Donghae glared at the poor boy. “He’s doing a fine job. So if I may, I wanna go swimming~” She continued as she walked towards Amber and hooked his arm and dragged him to the water.

 

The rest of the day was a blur. It was amazing how the management, the artists and the staff went along together and had a good time. They held a mini amazing race, which consist of five teams, Jessica wouldn’t let Amber be a part of another team except hers. The teams where pretty much on par with each other. But in the end Heechul’s team won, along with Eun-Hye, Dongwu and Hamjong.

 

Amber couldn’t concentrate at all, because Jessica decided to wear a two piece, lucky for him the actress was convinced by one of her make-up artist to wear  shorts.

 

Thank god.

 

It was night time already and everyone decided to have a bon fire, with unlimited drinks and snacks all the way. Not to mention Shidong had a little music for the party.

 

Not too far from the small gathering Amber was sitting beside a rock looking at someone who had plagued his mind for quite a while. She was smiling genuinely with the others.. she seemed happy.

 

Amber smiled at the sight.

 

“Hey aren’t you gonna join them kiddo?” Amber looked behind him and saw his friend smiling back at him.

 

“Jjong…” He called out, as they did a manly hug. “How’d yah been?”

 

“I’m great. Finally settling in with my fiancé.”

 

“Woah! Congratulations!” Amber exclaimed.

 

“So how about you? How’d you been? From your look earlier I can say that you woman troubles.” Jonghyun chuckled as he head lock his dongsaeng, ruffling his hair in the process.

 

“I’m fine. Never been better.” Amber replied as he pried the latter’s arms off him.

 

“Oh come on Amber, you know I know you.”

 

“….”

“You’ll died eventually if you can’t get that out. Trust me.”

 

“…”

 

“Aish fine, don’t tell me. I’ll just guess the—n”

 

“It’s impossible.” Amber cut him off. Jonghyun heave a breath as he sat down on the sand urging the other to seat with him.

 

Amber sighed again, obviously in doubt if he should tell his hyung about the ‘Jessica’ thing.

 

“What is impossible dongsaeng?”

 

“Us.” Jonghyun’s eyes widen as he snapped.

 

“Us?” He half shouted as he gestured between him and his hoobae.

 

“Wha-!? NO!” Amber quickly countered. “I meant me and… and that you know..”

“I get it... I get it… I was just teasing you.” Jjong laughed. Suddenly he stopped and looked at the youngster intently. “why?”

 

Amber furrowed his brows, somewhat nervous of his hyung’s sudden change of demeanour. “W-why what?”

 

“Why.is.it.impossible.”

 

Amber gulped.

 

“B-because….” He pondered for a minute, letting himself think, choosing the right words carefully… “She’s in this industry.”

 

It was a smart answer, the boy thought.

 

“You and I both know that, that’s bull. Now tell me the real reason… or else, I’ll find it out the hard way.”

 

Amber sighed defeated, shaking his head for what he thought was the stupidest thing he ever did. He chuckled lifelessly as he stared into the dark waters, somehow it’s sound was clearing his mind a little.

 

“I love her hyung.” He begun. “But I can’t love her any more than this.” Amber shook his head in disappointment.

 

Jjong just stayed silent, beckoning the latter to continue.

 

“It’s not right… to love her.”

 

“Loving someone isn’t a sin Amber, crossing the boundaries is.” Jjong begun. “there are many ways for you to show your love for someone.”

 

“You don’t understand hyung… she’s….” The air held a suffocating silence. Amber’s words haging in his mouth.

 

Should he? What would his hyung think of him after?

 

“She’s committed.” Amber could only bit his lip preparing himself for the harsh truth Jonghyun would tell him.

 

“So you fell in love with Jessica Jung.” Amber’s eyes widen. Jonghyun could only chuckle at fear-stricken shock face. “The moment you got out of that car… I saw how you were so careful with her, it’s not the usual gentleman you, but something else entirely…”

 

“Hyung…I-I”

 

“It alright Amber, it’ll be out little secret.” Jjong smiled to his little brother. “It’s actually kind of selfless and beautiful and kind what you’re doing. You are loving someone purely because you love them, not because you think you'll ever have your affections reciprocated. You are admiring something for its beauty, without needing to own it.” He saw Amber furrowed his brows, apparently in a deep thought.

 

Jonghyun patted his back as if saying that he was there.

 

“Amber!” the duo was startled by a shout, Amber rose quickly knowing exactly who it belongs to. Jonghyun snickered at Amber’s antics. He knew for certain that the boy’s in love, now it was time to test if the other felt the same way—and it’s up to him to find out what exactly was the ice queen’s feelings towards the young man.

 

He grinned at his plan.

 

“Yah! Llama! I told you not to wonder off!” Jessica came thundering at them slapping Amber out of the blue and gave Jjong a glare that would make the hairs on his back rise. “I told you to stay near me…”  She added, her face held no emotions, but Jonghyun noticed it.

 

It was the way she said… her tonality that gave it off… it almost seemed like desperate, or maybe…

 

“Now come on! I’m hungry!” With that she headed back to the buffet, Amber could only huffed as he followed her like a dog.

 

“Hey, don’t run away from it, just because it’s difficult.” Jjong said as he stopped Amber. Smilling knowingly at his dongsaeng.

 

“Yah! I said come on.” Jessica snarled as she grabbed her manager and hooked his arms with hers, not forgetting to glare at Jonghyun.

 

 

 

 

‘yup, there’s something going on….’ Jjong smiled at their retreating backs, knowing fully that it wasn’t as one-sided as his friend made it seem.

 

 

 

 

Krystal will be arriving soon~

ehhhhhhh hahaha