"1-4-3" ~ Henry

One Sided To First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2009

"Kaitlin, someone posted a number to your locker" announced Jess as she walked into the class.

"Who?" Fern took the note in her hand, read it, and then looked back at Jess. "It's just three numbers"

"I didn't say it was a phone number. I said someone posted a number in her locker" she repeated her words.

"What does it mean?" Fern asked, and I groaned, taking the note from their hand.

"Let me see" I said, and read the three numbers out loud. "4, 8, 6?"

"Exactly, she doesn't know either" said Fern, opening the book she had been carrying ever since Friday, and giving her full concentration to it.

"I bet it's Chen. He put a note inside my locker yesterday and I have no idea what it means since it's in Korean. Such a smart-" I said, and Fern suddenly looked at me. "What?"

"He wrote a note to you? In Korean?"

"Why? Do you speak Korean?" I asked, and she shook her head.

"I'm from Philippine, not Korea. But yes, I do speak Japanese, only because when I was in school there, we had to learn another language"

"Thank goodness I was born here" said Jess, and the both of us shook our heads.

"Anyway... I'll just ask him when I see him later" I said, posting the note to my phone.

"Oh look, they even have plans to meet each other" teased Jess.

"Aren't you even a bit jealous that she's hanging out with your former crush?" asked Fern with narrowed eyes.

"Nope" said Jess happily, "I have Jared"

"Okay, quiet" the teacher said as she entered, and we all turned towards front of the class.

 

"What does this mean?" I asked as Chen stood next to my locker after school. He was ready to go down to the music room, but I didn't understand why he even brought his bag pack with him when his locker was much closer to the music room than mine.

"How am I supposed to know?" he asked, and I shook my head, posting the note back inside my locker.

"I know it's yours"

"Meghan... does she... where is she from?" Chen asked, leaning into my locker.

"How am I supposed to know? I'm pretty sure she's from here. Why?" I asked, closing my locker. Chen led the way and held the exit door from the second floor to the side stairs that led to the first floor.

"She's... nice"

"Were you checking her out during lunch? Was that why you didn't eat with us today?" I asked, having this weird feeling rising up my stomach.

"Um... they were having open practice today in the dance room... And, the girl really can dance!" he said, opening the music door for me.

"I can't believe you" I said, dropping my things in front of the piano and walking away to turn the computer on.

"Well sometimes I can't believe you either" he said, sitting in front of the computer I .

"Chen! I'm using that computer, turn another one on if you want to play g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter