"I Need You" ~ K.Will

One Sided To First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2009

For a week, Chen didn't talk to me.

            He didn't sit with us or look our way. He sat with Meghan and her friend Gio. It seemed Gio spoke Korean too, so he fitted perfectly with them. That whole week, I continued to ignore the small pain I carried around with me, knowing this stupid liking of mine was just a waste of my time. And ridiculously, I started believing on Heath's words. Chen wasn't worth my time. I was just another girl to him. 'Angel', 'Black Pearl'... my .

            On Friday, neither Jess or Fern were at school. So thanks to my friends not showing up, I ended up spending my lunch inside the music room too.

"Aren't you planning on eating today?" Mr. J asked before he left the room.

"Just this. I promise I'm gonna go eat the moment I finish this" I pointed at my notebook.

"You better..." he said, and I nodded. But we both secretly knew I wasn't going to eat.

            I picked the guitar up and sat on the floor, positioning myself in a comfortable way. Then I opened the notebook to a page with bunch of chords and started playing.

            I was in love with Taylor Swift ever since her debut. I owned every album of her's on iTunes and knew every lyric to her songs. I knew how the interludes went and knew every little adlib she did. Yeah... I was a nerd that way.

"And I just want to show you, she don't even know you

She's never gonna love you like I want to

And you just see right through me but if you only knew me

We could be a beautiful, miracle, unbelievable

Instead of just invisible, yeah..."

            I ended up playing 'Invisible' by her. I didn't know why but suddenly, I started relating everything that had happened in the past week into the song.

            Chen and Meghan. Him saying something and her laughing.

            Him walking her to her locker.

            Them in the dance room, him watching her.

            Him walking her to the bus parking lot.

            Him waiting up for her before school.

            Him... his eyes shining the moment he sees her.

            Wow. I was lost even before starting the fight. He was in love with her.

            Tears covered my eyes but I wiped them away before they went down my face.

            Of course he would like her. Meghan was tall, pretty, smart, dances better than anyone, speaks his language, understands everything he says, also into sports, got so many things in common... while I was just girl who was watching them from a far.

"And I just want to show you, she don't even know you

Baby, let me love you, let me want you

You just see right through me but if you only knew me

We could be a beautiful, miracle, unbelievable

Instead of just invisible, oh, yeah..."

 

"Nice song" a melancholic voice spoke, scaring the daylights off of me. I looked up to see Chen standing by the doorway.

"Why are you here?" I asked, praying he didn't see my cry.

"I didn't see you at lunch..." he said, coming over and dragging a nearby chair and sitting on it. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter