"My Valentine" ~ Nichkhun & Taecyeon

One Sided To First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2010

"Do you know, in Korea, girls give guys chocolates for valentines" Chen sat next to me, poking my arm.

"Do you know in Canada, it doesn't matter who gives chocolates. It's all gonna end up in someone's stomach..."

"Wow you're romantic"

"Thank you" I said, smiling brightly.

            It was the Friday before Valentine's Day. Since the 14th was on a Sunday, the whole decided to go red crazy on the Friday. I was never a fan of Valentine's, but with Chen, I wondered if that wonderful thing everyone talks about would actually happen or not. They always said 'oh it's amazing! It's Valentine's day' though I never understood why everyone made a big deal. of it. Loving someone was supposed to be every day. It wasn't supposed to be limited to one day. I just...

"If I was home, I bet I'd have a mountain of chocolates at home by Sunday" Chen interrupted my chain of thoughts.

"Hm"

"Hm? That's it? Won't you even get jealous?" He asked me in teasing, and I just shrugged it off. If all the girls decided to confess to him on Valentine's - oh, thank goodness that he's not in Korea, I thought to myself.

"Stop flattering yourself, Mr. Kim" I said instead. Chen smirked and leaned against me. "Chen, move!" I pushed him away, because Jess and Fern were sitting right in front of us though he pretended that we were the only ones who were in the cafeteria.

"Gosh just date! You're torturing us" Jess hissed and Chen smirked again.

"I think she's still not over me" he whispered into my ear while Jess decided to turn bright red. I laughed and pushed him away again.

"Really, stop flattering yourself"

"You think I'm wrong?" he asked, putting his arm around me.

"Chen"

"I want to kiss you"

"Chen" Chen closed his eyes and moved closer. I tried to push him away but it didn't work. Right before his lips touched my right cheek, a napkin came in between us.

"Really, get a room. This is a public place" Jess said, leaning over the table and holding out the napkin. I smiled seeing her bright red face. Chen just stared at me until I turned to him and shook his head. Once again, Chen moved closer.

"Maybe I should kiss her too. At least then I'll get to see you being jealous" he said, and sighing, I got up from the table.

"I am going to the library because I have a test on Monday" I announced, walking away.

 

            Sunday soon became the worst day ever. Yes, I was at Heath's place like each year, but for some reason, this year turned out to be the worst of all. Heath never left my side, I even had to stand next to him when he blew out the candles. After blowing the candles, he looked at me and winked. And Madie had to take a picture of that too. Gosh I wanted that day to end.

"Do you like Heath?" Madie asked as she sat down on my bed. I was drying my hair while mentally preparing myself to answer the question paper that was about to be thrown at me.

"No"

"Then why were you two sticking so close together today?"

"I don't know. He was always next to me. I had nothing to do with it" I said, putting my towel away.

"Does he like you?" she asked, nailing her elbows onto my bed as she half-laid down on it.

"Yes" I muttered, just loud enough for her to hear. A gasp came out of as she sat back straight.

"I knew it! Even mom knew that someday you two would end up together" she said happily while I glared at her. "No...?" she gave me a questioning look.

"No... Madie..."

"So you have someone else?" she asked and I found myself nodding. "Who?"

"He's... you don't know him"

"Is he your age?"

"No, one year older than me. But he's in my class"

"Did he fail a grade or something?"

"No... He's a transfer student" I said out loud, but wondering quietly why I was answering so honestly as my sister kept questioning away.

"From another school? Or from another country?"

"Both..." I said, and she looked at me with her eye brows almost touching. "Well, he's from Korea... He lives with his uncle and he transferred to our school this year because of... I don't know." I lied. She raised her eyes brow at me, but said nothing.

"Let me meet him. Mom and dad won't be here tomorrow, so bring him over"

"Ha!" I gasped, looking at me sister. How could she-? "No!"

"Do you want me to check him out by myself or are you going to introduce me to him?" she asked, and gasping once again, I sat next to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter