"Black Pearl" ~ Exo

One Sided To First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!! Hope you have/ or already had a great Christmas :D

Sorry for the late update... but get ready, this is LONG............... so, Enjoy! ~ D

2009

The Monday after the dance, I waited for Chen after school. During the dance, I didn't get to see him; probably because I had no idea who or what he was dressed up as, and because the place was packed and pitch dark and it was really hard to look for someone in there.

            But in my heart, something kept telling me who and where he was. There was a guy wearing a white hockey mask wondering around, and I always caught him staring at us. I tried my best to ignore his gaze and enjoy the night with my friends, but his existence alone made the butterflies in my stomach flip.

            I skipped taking the bus with my friends saying I had a assignment due tomorrow. Of course, I handed it in early, but I told them that so they won't suspect me. I wondered around the music room door, waiting to catch a glimpse of him. Soon, I found Chen's friend Sean walking out of the gym. Oh, so he must be there too. I took my phone out and started to pretend as if I'm a having a conversation with someone on the phone.

            The moment Chen stepped out of the gym, my heart did a flip. A finger tapped my shoulder and I turned, only to be tricked by Chen. I turned to face him as I 'hung up' after saying "bye" to the person.

"Who was that?" Chen asked.

"Why would you want to know?" I asked, putting my phone inside my pant pocket.

"Can't I be curious?" he pouted, pushing his wet hair to the back. Wow.

"About me? Why?"

"Because I'm your friend?"

"No, friends don't usually pay attention to their friends' conversations." I said, and Chen nodded, taking the towel that was around his neck and wiping down the sweat. "Did you skip class today? You don't have gym last period" I asked, and a smirk lit up his face.

"Friends... don't ask that kind of questions either" he said, walking towards the changing rooms. "Go inside, I'll be there soon" he yelled as he walked away.

"I'm going home!" I said, watching him enter the hallway that led to the changing rooms. Sighing, I walked into the music room and entered the small practice room. I took my notebook out and started writing down some thoughts which soon turned to a song. I started to put the lyrics into a random melody that popped into my head, and then tried to match chords as I sat in front of the piano. However, the piano was completely out of tune to the point I could hear two notes when I played one, so I walked into the guitar room and picked one that was in tune and walked back to the practice room.

            Halfway through the song, the door swung open, making me jump.

"Oh Chen!" I screamed, dropping the guitar on the floor as I started to pound him for scaring the day lights out of me.

"I'm sorry if I scared you" he said, smirking as he held my fists.

"Don't ever enter without knocking!" I said, flames of fury burning my in eyes as I stared at him. "Gosh" I pulled my lose hair to a messy ponytail as I turned away, embarrassed for yelling at him.

"I thought you went home"

"I was going to..."

"But you wanted to know what happened during the dance..." Chen finished the sentence I couldn't.

"What? No! Nothing happened in the dance." I said, picking up the guitar I dropped.

"You're learning guitar?" Chen asked, taking the guitar off me. I bit my lip.

"No... I took it to clean it" I said, biting my lip, feeling guilty for not speaking the truth in the first place... Wait, I never told him I played guitar too, right? Or did I ever say I didn't play guitar? Gosh Kaitlin, get yourself together.

"Wow, it's perfectly in tune" I said, playing the instrument. I secretly high-fived myself for tuning it before playing it. "Come, I'll teach you some basic chords"

"It's okay, I have to go home. I meant it when I said so" I said, packing my stuff and opening the door. He followed me out and then walked into the guitar room to put the guitar away. Then he came out and together we walked out, letting the music room lock itself as we stepped out.

"Is everything okay? You're going home early"

"What would make you think something's wrong when I'm going home early?" I shrugged and he nodded.

"It's unusual"

"It's cold, and gosh I hate fall. It makes everything worse. Plus it leads to winter. I don't like cold things"

"Even ice-cream?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter