"I Miss You" ~ 2NE1

One Sided To First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"C'mon Kaitlin, you can't not talk to me" Chen tried to slip his hand into mine but failed. "I know, I'm an . But are you going to continue being a bi-" I shot a look at him. "I mean... mean to me?" I turned around and started walking ahead. He stood by the same place and I knew it. I just let a sigh slip out of me as I just took steps ahead of him. Suddenly, a pull stopped me, making me spin around to face Chen. "Kaitlin, why are you being this childish? I told you, I was busy. I didn't mean to ignore you. I just... It was really hard. And don't you dare think I was purposely ignoring you because that is so not true. I missed you to the point I thought I'd go crazy if I don't see you. I am so not kidding right now so for God's sake speak to me woman!"

"Four weeks, Chen. Four f-ing weeks. No calls, no texts, nothing. And then you decide to show in front of me all of the sudden again and expect me to hug you and welcome you back? I am sorry but I am not a clingy girl like that. I have my own things to deal with plus the concert is next week and don't you mess with me because I'm under a lot of stress right now and I don't want your bull !" I yelled, and couple of people turned and looked at us. Chen jumped and covered my mouth and apologized to the people who gave us weird looks.

"I am sorry. How many times do I have to apologize?"

"You think you can solve everything with one word? And Chen, may I remind you, you're not my boyfriend. I have no obligation to take you back just because you came back and said sorry. I am still a friend to you and I have the full right to be mad at you right now" I said in a quieter voice.

"If I was your boyfriend, would you take me back?"

"Hell no! I would torture you to the depths of hell if you did that to me."

"Well I'm already in depths of hell, babe, because you're killing me right now"

"Don't you babe me right now Chen. Don't even think about sweet-talking me into your game again"

"Then how about this?" I asked as he cupped my face and pressed his lips onto mine. Anger raging out of my body, I pushed him away.

"Kim Jongdae!" I yelled his real name and he stood there, breathing heavily.

"Want me to do that again?" he stepped closer but someone yelling me name stopped him from doing so. When I turned around, a guy my age, a little taller than Chen, stood with a guitar case.

"Jake" The name slipped out of my mouth and from the corner of my eye, I noticed Chen giving me a deadly look. "What are you doing here?" I asked, walking up to him.

"Street fair. I'm playing a block down. Wanna come?" the guy asked and I smiled. Little did Chen know, Jake was actually my guitarist from the band I was practicing with for the concert next week. Yeah, Chen had no idea because he never contacted me until this morning. He said he'll take me out four weeks before, and I waited for days but the date he promised never happened. "Boyfriend?" Jake asked when he noticed the guy behind me giving him death stares.

"Friend" I sighed. Oh, how I wanted to introduce Chen to people as my boyfriend...

"Well, ask him to come too. It's just me. And, you wanna sing a song too?" he elbowed me and I smiled. Actually...

"Okay" I said, turned to Chen and then turning to Jake and following him.

            The moment Jake stopped, I realized everything was already set up for a one-man show. A small stage, two microphone stands, guitar amp and a mixer... I looked at Chen.

"I'll start and you can do the second one" Said Jake, and I nodded. The moment he started playing his beautiful instrument, people started to gather around him. One song, that's all it took him to have a great crowd. Chen stood couple of feet away from me but I knew his eyes were glued on me the whole time. The moment Jake ended the song, the crowd cheered.

"Well for the next song, I'd like to introduce my beautiful friend Kaitlin here. She'll be singing a song for - a special someone" he winked at me. The moment Chen caught the action, his body stiffened.

            I switched places with Jake and sat on the tall bench, taking his guitar into my hand. Chen watched me with wide eyes. Last time I saw him, I told him I gave up on guitar. And yes, I did. But right now, I just wanted to get this over with. I hated having or admitting that I've loved one person my whole life and it has been a one-sided love. Chen has always confused me to the point I had no idea what we were. To him, sometimes I was special, sometimes a friend, a buddy or worse, just another girl. He confessed, and then kissed me as if there's no tomorrow but next day, he left and never contacted me. He knew where I lived and he knew my number, but that was it. His 'contacting communication' really needed work. And, how was I supposed to know how he felt about me? At home, I had a book filled with poems about me which were written by him, but I wondered if he just wrote them for the sake of writing them (like when I wrote song lyrics for the sake of writing them and everyone thought they were amazing and always asked me if I wrote about my personal life...) or if we actually meant any word he wrote about me.

"Hi, I'm Kaitlin, and I'm going to sing this song to a friend who has been confusing me ever since high school. Yeah, he's my first love, though I don't know if he's aware of it, and lately, he has been coming back and forth in my life and I just want to get something straightened out with us." I said, strumming the guitar. Su-weet! "This song is actually in another language... but this is the only way I can confess to him. Please enjoy" I said and the crowd cheered. Okay, here goes nothing.

그렇게 너무 편하게 굴지 마요 (Geu-reoh-ke neo-mu pyeon-ha-ge gul-ji ma-yo)

아직 너와 난 남남이니까 (a-jik neo-wa nan nam-nam-i-ni-kka)

어린애처럼 보채지 좀 마요 (eo-rin-ae-cheo-reom bo-chae-ji jom ma-yo)

아직 시작도 안 했으니까 (a-jik si-jak-do an haess-eu-ni-kka)

 

아이들의 불장난 같은 사랑은 싫어(a-i-deul-eui bul-jang-nan gat-eun sa-rang-eun silh-eo)

조금 움츠려 있을 뿐이야 난 괜찮아 (jo-geum um-cheu-ryeo iss-eul bbun-i-ya nan gwaen-chanh-a(

아냐 사실 난 (a-nya sa-sil nan)

 

나를 떠나 보낸 그가 아직 너무 미워요 (na-reul ddeo-na bo-naen geu-ga a-jik neo-mu mi-weo-yo)

차갑게 식어버린 내 가슴은 아직도 그를 (cha-gab-ge sik-eo-beo-rin nae ga-seum-eun a-jik-do geu-reul)

 

            I felt tears line up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter