"I Just" ~ Alexander

One Sided To First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2009

            The next day, I walked into the school with my music ringing in my ears. Ignoring everyone, I walked right up to my locker, only to find my locker being blocked by a jerk named Chen. How did he even know?

"Hi" he said as I pushed him to open my locker. I heard him since I already turned my iPod off, but since the plugs were still on, I ignored his greeting. "Sorry about yesterday" he said, leaning against Jess's locker. "I have a problem with my temper. I didn't mean to freak out on you. And if I offended you, I'm sorry. And don't pretended to ignore me, I know you can hear me very well" he spoke, taking an ear bud off and putting it into his ear. I gasped and watched his action. "As I expected" he said smiling, as he just won a game.

"Rude," I took the earbud from his hands. "is the perfect word to describe you" I said, closing my locker and walking towards the library. He followed me.

"I know. I get that a lot"

"Well then, shouldn't you fix that?"

"Why should I? People like rude people?"

"I hate rude people"

"But it's okay when you're being rude to others?"

"I'm not rude"

"Yeah, frowning from the moment you saw me, closing your locker like that when I'm in front of you, walking away from me when I'm trying to talk to you... yeah, is that how Canadians greet?" he asked and I stopped myself like a car hitting its breaks. Ah... What does Jess see in this guy? So rude!

"Hi Chen, how are you doing Chen, are you done being pissed off over the game Chen? Then let me tell you something, Chen. I'm late. Bye." I said, turning around.

"You're cute" I heard him say and I stopped myself again.

"Why? Is it because I'm wearing a kilt? You want to see my show too? Well, not gonna happen"

"About the kilt thing... I'm sorry. I guess some girls don't have to wear kilts to look good." he said, and from the corner of my eyes, I saw my friend Fern walk towards us.

"Whatever. See you around"

"Now that's a better way to say goodbye than saying goodbye. I'll see you around too, Kaitlin" he said, walking away. Soon, Fern stood next to me.

"Is that...?" she just pointed and I nodded.

"Chen Kim. The rude guy who our little friend Jess has been crushing over ever since the first day of school"

"Wow, and you already saw the worst of him? We should tell Jess to stay away"

"You think she'll listen?" I asked and we both laughed, walking into the library.

 

            Of course, Jess's response to Chen's outburst was just as we expected. Once the girl started liking a guy, I knew she wouldn’t let go of him until she finds a better guy. Jess liked to play, but when she found someone, she stuck to him. I knew that the thing she had for Chen was just a crush, but who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter