Chapter 6

Our Village Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 1 pm. As always, Eunji worked at the library. Her heart was so gloomy as the weather today. She was sitting on the librarian desk, signing some paper when some people borrow or return a book. When she was about to read a book to kill some time, her phone suddenly vibrated few times, signaling someone just texted her.

 

3 new message(s) from Howonie. (3 unread)

1 new message(s) from Nicole-unnie. (1 unread)

 

She let out a long sighs and opened the text from Nicole.

 

To: Eunjii

Eunji-yahh… Can you go home early? It’s the harvest season so mom needed to work until night and I needed to work until late too in the flower shop with Naeun. Could you cook some dinner for us? Gomawo~

From: Nicole-unnie

 

Eunji put her phone on the desk when someone came near the desk. She bows lightly, “May I help you sir?” she asked with her cheerful tone. When she looked at the guy faces, she was shocked to see Lee Sungyeol standing in front of her.

 

“Ah… What a coincidence… I never thought you worked here, Eunji-yah… By the way, I need to borrow these books about cooking recipes.” Sungyeol put three books on the desk and Eunji nodded while writing something on the library book.

 

“What makes you work here, Eunji-yah?” Sungyeol asked her and she just replied him with smile and gave him the books. She doesn’t want to answer his question so she remained in silent. A girl called Eunji named right before Sungyeol wanted to ask her one more time.

 

“Yah, Jung Eunji… Did you see—” she didn’t continue her words. Instead, she glared at the tall guy in front of her. Eunji looked at them both and she eyed them in shocked faces. She still misunderstood about this morning when she overheard their conversation, so did Hoya.

 

Sungyeol grins at Yookyung but she ignored him by looking at Eunji and asks her, “Did you see my father? He’s not at home yet, my mother kept looking for him.” Yookyung walked passes Sungyeol and stood in front of Eunji.

 

“I saw your father at usual place.” She replied Yookyung and gave her warm smile. She nodded and started to walk to her father direction. Eunji could hear Sungyeol sighed and she asked him why. He just shakes his head while took the book from the desk.

 

Before Sungyeol leave the library, Eunji called his name and he turned around to face her. “Please don’t tell anybody about this… I beg you…” she told Sungyeol and the latter just nodded. Quickly, he left the library.

 

When Sungyeol was out of her sight, she remembered something and quickly she took her phone. She immediately sighed again. Why does she have such an impatient friend and sister?

 

3 new message(s) from Howonie. (5 unread)

1 new message(s) from Nicole-unnie. (1 unread)

 

She opened her inbox and read the message from Nicole.

 

To: Eunjii

Will you!? Yah! Answer my text!

From: Nicole-unnie

 

Eunji just replied back with a simple ‘yes’ and read the unread messages from Hoya. She let out a big sighs and look at her phone with unbelievable expression.

 

To: Hyper girl

Eunji, Are you at home?

From: Howonie

 

To: Hyper girl

Yah, answer my message!

From: Howonie

 

To: Hyper girl

My grandfather is sick so he rested on the hospital. The blacksmith shop is closed for today so I want to visit you at 4 pm later.

From: Howonie

 

To: Hyper girl

I’m bringing food. Are you at home?

From: Howonie

 

To: Hyper girl

If you don’t answer this text in 10 minutes, don’t expect me to come today.

From: Howonie

 

F-Food!? Eunji thought on her head while quickly checking when he sent the messages. 5 minutes ago. Oh my god, she feels lucky to have free food tonight. But she looked at the messages with unpleased faces, it seems Hoya still named her contact as ‘Hyper girl’ as always.

 

To: Howonie

Please bring many foods! My mother and sister couldn’t cook dinner tonight, because they need to work until late today. How lucky I am for not cooking dinner tonight.

PS: Could you change my name in your contact as my name instead of ‘Hyper girl’!?

From: Eunji

 

She press send button and leave her pho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter