Chapter 1

Our Village Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji POV

 

This day couldn’t be worst right?

First, I’m late for my first day of the new semester. Second, I bumped on my ‘best-childhood-friend-and-yet-sometimes-annoying’. I bet he will tease me for being late. Third, apparently, our best killer teacher in our collage, Mrs. Jung, is going to teach my class on the first hour and scold me for being late. Fourth, I forgot to bring my wallet. Sigh…

 

Maybe I need to go home first before I go to work later in afternoon… but… If I late, just to take my wallet… the mayor going to mad at me for sure…

 

Anyways, the collage in here didn’t consume so much times, started at 7 am and ended on 12 pm. Short isn’t it? The collage building is next to the library. I worked on the library.

 

The library only opens at 10 am – 6 pm. The mayor’s wife or Yookyung’s mom take care of the library from 10 am until 1 pm. The rest is me, except for Monday and Sunday. Monday is the day where the library close and Sunday is my day off. I usually help my mom and play with friends in this day.

 

Do you want to know why I need to go to work? I had father, but he’s going to city by boat to work there. He usually comes home once in a year, but he just gave us some money for one month. I think he doesn’t have proper work there, poor appa…

 

My mother, she runs a farm. Her money used for pay rent, buy seeds, animal food, etc. She gave me money but I refuse it. I said I’ll just work to find my own money. I felt bad for my mom. She must be tired for all of it.

 

My sister, Jung Nicole, she loves flower so much so she created flower shop. She asked my mom to lend ¼ of her field for planting the flower. My mom agreed. So my sister gets money from the flower shop. Sometimes, she gave half of the money to my mom and some for me.

 

Enough chit chat about my life and back to my problem. Just a few people visit this library. But none of my friends came visit here. They usually visit the library at Sunday, at my day off. So none of my friends know I worked there, except Bomi, Naeun, and Yookyung.

 

Why they know? Because Bomi’s parents often visit here. Nicole told Naeun about my jobs. And Yookyung is the mayor’s daughter.

 

Ahh… Now… I only sat under the tree on the campus park with my growling stomach. My poor stomach need foods. And no one notice it. I guess…

 

“Hey.” I shocked when someone touched my shoulder. I’m really shocked. Seriously. When I turned around, I saw my ‘best-childhood-friend-and-yet-sometimes-annoying’ that I bumped earlier this day.

 

“Hoya-oppa. Don’t tell me you want to tease me about this morning!” I glared at him while secretly took a glance at something he hold. He holds a lunchbox. My stomach, please don’t growl. But my wish seems didn’t come true. Because my stomach just growl when I said that wish.

 

“Hungry?” he teased me with a grins in his faces. Aish, will he stop teasing me in one day!? When I about to shout to him, he quickly replie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter