Chapter 2

Our Village Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun was watering the flower pot in front of the flower shop. Nicole is currently shopping at the supermarket and she guess that Nicole will be wondering around the town first before come back, so Naeun took care of Nicole’s flower shop. Ah, yes… Naeun is working in the flower shop that Nicole’s own. She needs to work. If she doesn’t work, she can’t pay her rent in the inn.

 

It was 3 pm but Nicole hasn’t come back yet. Or maybe she wouldn’t come back. Ah, it doesn’t matter though. Naeun likes silence. For her, silence can make your mind clear and peaceful.

 

She entered the flower shop once again. She sat on the chair near the cashier. Earlier this noon, people bought many flower for tomorrow ‘Spring Thanksgiving Day’. In the town, ‘Spring Thanksgiving Day’ is a day when boys gave cookies to a girl to show how much he loves her or how much he thanked her. But not just for lovey dovey couple. Family celebrates it too.

 

In this event, every shop, school, restaurant was closed. So, if they want to celebrate it, they need to buy the ingredients and cooked a homemade food. Usually, people that live in the inn celebrate it together. But sometimes they only celebrate it with their family.

 

Naeun POV

 

Last year, there’s only me, Kim Namjoo, her brother Kim Sunggyu, and Chorong’s family that celebrate it on the inn. Hoya, he lives in the inn but he celebrated it with his grandfather last year. Kim Myungsoo? Yeah, he lived in the inn but last year he celebrated it with his grandfather either. I wonder who’s going to celebrate it on the inn this year.

 

I heard someone cracking sound of the door, signing someone is coming inside. I stood up and looked at the customer. Ah… Kim Myungsoo? That’s rare to see him here. I approached him. As a good worker, I said something to him. “Can I help you with something?”

 

But when he heard I asked that, he startled. Did I do something wrong?

 

He turned around and saw me stood here with a big grin on my faces. “N-Naeun? I thought Nicole worked here. Not you…” his faces was confused. He looked at me with curious faces.

 

“I worked here of course. If I don’t work, I can’t live. I had no parents, remember?” Naeun reminded Myungsoo and he looked away while mumbled something softly. And apparently my ears can’t hear those words. “What did you just say?” I asked Myungsoo to replay again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter