Now, where do you live?

What Do You Expect Me To Feel

"Oppa, you don't need to take me home, really."

Hongki was walking towards the parking lot with Yoomi walking on his side looking up at him.

"I'm taking the bus." She continued, "It's not that far so-"

"If it's not that far then just let me take you." he said without looking at her.

Before she realized, they were already in front of his parked car. He unlocked the car with his key. "Get in."

Yoomi stood still in front of the car. "Uh, oppa, it's okay. I can go home by myself." she tried again to convince him. Maybe it seemed like she was being polite by saying no to his offer, but the truth was she really didn't want him to take her home.

"Geez." he grunted and walked to the passanger door and opened it for her. "Just shut up and get in will ya?"

Yoomi felt a weird vibe from him, she finally gave in and got into the car. Hongki closed her door and slipped into the driver seat.

"Now, where do you live?"

"You know you can just drop me off at the bus stop..." she decided to try one last time though she knew it wasn't gonna work.

Hongki turned his head to her. "Damn it, Yoomi. For God's sake, I won't let you go home by yourself." He started the car and began to drive. "Just give me the ing address." He took a quick glance at her. "Please."

Yoomi let out a hopeless sigh. "Fine."

The car was dead silent after Yoomi gave him her address.

"Oppa, you're kinda scary you know?" she finally broke the uncomfortable silence.

It took about 5 seconds before Hongki answered her with a simple "Sorry."

Yoomi sighed. The car was already cold enough without Hongki sudden coldness towards her. She hugged the jacket that she was wearing to make her body warmer. Hongki noticed that and he adjusted the air conditioner so the temperature would rise.

He then unexpectedly chuckled, "You're such a stubborn kid, you know?"

"You too." she replied flatly.

"You really remind me of my sister. She was just like you."

Yoomi had no idea what to respond to the random topic he came up with so she just let out a weak 'hmm?'

"You know, stubborn." he said again.

"Oh. Just like her brother, huh?"

He chuckled, "Yeah. But she was stubborn in a good way. Unlike me."

Yoomi's mind was working like crazy, wondering around about what should she say. Should I ask something about his sister? But it sounds like a sensitive topic for him, he sounds sad talking about her. Maybe she's dead? Maybe. But I don't think so. Should I ask something? But then I might sound nosy. I'm not even that curious though. But if I don't ask anything, he'd think that I don't care about this . Wait, why the hell should I care anyway? I mean..... Sister? What a random topic. I didn't even know he has a sister. Damn it, another awkward silence. I should say something. Maybe I could just change the subject... Will it be rude? Ugh I have no idea what to-

"Which one is your house?"

Yoomi startled a bit. She looked around and realized that they arrived at a familiar neighbourhood.

"Uh, that one." She pointed at one of the houses. He parked the car in of front the house.

"There you go." he said. He then turned to her who was taking his jacket off from her.

"No, no! Don't take it off."

"Why not? It's yours."

"You can give it to me another time." He gave her a warm smile. Yoomi was stunned. Who is this guy... How could he smiling like this when he was being a cold prick just a minute ago.

"Uh, okay then. Thankyou oppa, for taking me home."

"Sure, no prob." He glanced at the digital clock on the dashboard. "Now go. It's pretty late."

"Kay!" she opened the door and walk to the gate. Hongki turned his window. "Go inside!" he said.

"No~ Just take off then I'll go inside."

"Okay then. Bye!"

"Thankyou oppa, I'll see you soon! Bye!"

They exchanged waves before he drove away. Yoomi kept staring at his car until it took a left turn and disappear from her view. She then exhaled in relief. She was exhausted. That ride home was exhausting. She didn't hate it though. She knew she doesn't hate it. What she hate was to be in front of that house again.

She turned around and took a deep look at the house. It was a normal house. It looked identical with the rest of the houses in the neighborhood. But it wasn't a normal place to live. Not for her. 

She spent a minute looking at the house before she started walking away. She pulled out her phone and dialed a number.

"Yo babe!" a man's voice was heard along with some indistinct noises in the background.

"Hi oppa... Are you at home?" 

"Yeah, me and the guys are at home. You know, the usual gang. They're staying over tonight. What's up? Where are you? You're staying here again tonight?"

"Oh, well I guess I'll just stay at Jungeun's or something."

"Whyyyyyy~ come here. We're having tons of fun here. You should join us! Daejung brought some really good s."

"No, oppa. It's fine. I don't wanna ruin your sleepover."

"But I want you here..."

"I don't think I can sleep with all those smokes, oppa. I'm ing exhausted. Just have fun with the boys, kay? Tell them I said hi."

"Fine, whatever. I gotta go. Bye babygirl."

"Bye oppa, don't trash the house! I’ll see y-"

The phone got cut off before she finished her last sentence. She sighed and continued to walk through the cold night with a phone on her hand. Texting around to find a place to come home to.Thankgod she got Lee Hongki's warm jacket with her.