An unusual morning.

What Do You Expect Me To Feel

"So you're working? Aren't you like underage?" Hongki asked when they were in the middle of the trip to Yoomi’s work place.

"It's my friend's dad's bookstore so it's fine, I'm just being a shop keeper there." explained Yoomi. 

But it wasn't the answer he expected. What he wanted to know was what the hell a little kid like her is working for. Money? Experience?

Yoomi realized that Hongki seemed not satisfied with her answer so she added, "I want some extra money to have fun. You know, watch movies, buy some books, go to clubs..." 

Hongki laughed, "Naughty kiddo." 

Yoomi gave him a light punch in his shoulder cause of his comment.

"There. Stop there" she pointed at a small bookstore in the corner of the street. It actually wasn't that far from Hongki's apartment. It only took 5 minutes to reach this place.

"I should get going. Thank you for everything, Hongki oppa!" she giggled and hopped out from his car. 

Hongki smiled, it's been a while since somebody really call him oppa. He always hangs out with older women and the only time they'd call him oppa was when they were role-playing, in bed. 

Before she entered the bookstore, Hongki opened down the car's window and yelled, "Yoomi-ah!" which made Yoomi turned around and faced him. 

"Nice shirt!" he yelled. 

Yoomi took a look at his FT Island shirt she was wearing, rolled her eyes and laughed. Hongki laughed too and gave her a wave. She smiled and waved her hands too before turning her back on him. Hongki sighed as he watched the girl running gracefully and finally disappeared behind the glass door.

She's cute, he thought.

After staring at the closed glass door for a minute, Hongki realized he'd been spacing out so coughed at himself, forcing his mind to be present again.

Hmm where should I go now?

He looked at the digital clock on the dashboard. 10.07. It was basically too early to do anything. But there was a sudden click on his head and Hongki's brain came up with a sweet plan. He drove his car to a flower shop nearby. After picking some beautiful combination of purple and white flowers, he drove again to an apartment building not far away from there.

He arrived in front of an apartment door and took a long breath before he rang the bell with a bouquet of flowers on his back. It took quite a while before a woman in silk robe opened the door.

"Hi noona!" Hongki greeted the woman with his sweetest grin.

"Hongki? What are you doing here?" she asked in whispers. She looked shock and uncomfortable. She even only put her head out from the door rather than opening it wider. Hongki immediately sensed that something wasn't right.

"What's wrong noona? I just want to apologize for-"

"You know I don't think it's the right time..." she gave him an apologetic look.

"He's here?" Hongki asked nervously.

Before she could answer anything, they heard a man shouted from inside the room. "Yeojin honey, who's that?"

Hongki and the woman glanced at each other. "Err it's the ahjussi next door...he wants to borrow....some..kitchen stuff!" Yeojin shouted back and turned her head again to Hongki, giving him a weak smile. "I'm sorry, I didn't know he was coming back this morning. Maybe next time?"

"Yes ofcourse, it's alright. I think I better go now. Bye noona, have a nice day. Please give me a call." Hongki gave a fake smile before he turned his back and left in disappointment.

Hongki did a fastwalk to his car and slammed the door after he got in. He threw the bouquet to the passenger seat and let out a groaned. He looked very pissed and frustrated. He threw his fist against the dashboard before he laid his head back on the headrest, closed his eyes and sighed.

" it."

It took a couple of minute for him to finally calm down before he started his car and drove without any destination to go. All of his friends obviously had schedules on Saturday while his bandmates were absolutely still snoring around at their houses. He tried to call some of his other noonas but all of them were busy. One is at the office, one is with her boyfriend, one is on a vacation and there are 2 noonas who didn't pick up his calls. Everyone wasn't available for him, it made him even angrier than before. He decided to drive around the neighborhood. He drove past the little bookstore where he dropped Yoomi about one and a half hours ago. He took a look pass the glass window and saw Yoomi standing behind the cashier.

Why not?

So he parked his car and walked into the bookstore.

"Welcome! Can I help y- eh? You again! What the hell are you doing here?" Yoomi surprised at Hongki's sudden appearance.

"Whoa, do they really allow you to use that kind of language to your costumer?" Hongki said as he walked around, exploring the bookstore, pretending to look at some books. Yoomi rolled her eyes and followed him.

"I'm sorry sir, is there anything I can help? Are you looking for a specific book? A self-improvement books perhaps? There's this new book called etiquette for dummies, maybe it could be perfect for you." Yoomi said with a fake friendly-worker smile.

"Yah! Seriously? I'm gonna find your manager and tell him that his employee is being rude to this gorgeous costumer." whined Hongki which made Yoomi laughed.

"So you’re seriously looking for a book?"

"What? I don't look geeky enough to read a book?"

"Well I don't know... I thought you were joking or something. What kind of books do you want?"

"Just recommend me something good."

"Well if you like novels there are some fiction novels right there, those are the best seller but my favorite is the classic ones right there and here are-" Yoomi's explanation was cut by Hongki's laugh. "Nah, I'm kidding. I don't need any book; I want to take you out for lunch." Hongki said while patting Yoomi's head harshly.

"Ugh, I knew it." Yoomi was too pissed and embarrassed to express her anger cause she'd been fooled by Hongki so she decided to just let it go.

"When will you finish your shift?"

"At 4, but I'll have my lunch break in 30 minutes."

"Okay then, I'll wait. Where's the comic section?" Yoomi showed the comic section to Hongki and he quickly jumped his way there. Next thing she knew he was sitting in the corner of the comic section, reading, laughing and flipping pages like a little boy.

That 30 minutes felt like forever when Hongki kept shouting and bugging Yoomi, telling her to finish her shift already. Turned out Hongki is such a fast comic reader, he finished 6 comics in 30 minutes.

"10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2.. 1...!!! 30 minutes has passed! Now move move move, let's eat! Come on, I'm hungry!" Hongki jumped from his seat and started to hurry Yoomi to get the hell out the store.

After Yoomi reported to her manager, they walked to Hongki's car. 5 minutes later they were at Hongki's favorite japanese restaurant nearby.

"Wait, you're paying right?"

"Why should I?"

"Because you dragged me here? Plus you're a guy, you're older than me and you're surely rich."

Hongki laughed at her answer, "We'll see."

They started eating, chatting and joking around, getting to know each other in a friendly way. There's something about her that makes Hongki comfortable. Maybe it’s because of her carefree attitude. She's not the type of girl that trying to be polite all the time, obviously. She doesn't even care about her image at all. And somehow they have a similar sense of humor. Even though they just met a day ago, it felt like they've been friends for a while.

After they had finished their meal, they immediately left the place and went back to the bookstore.

“So, I’ll see you soon?” Hongki said as Yoomi climbed out his car.

“Maybe.” said Yoomi, pretending to not care.

“Yeah right, you said it now but I’m pretty sure that you’ll be the one who’s dying to see me when tomorrow comes.”

“You wish!” she sticked her tongue out at him.

Hongki laughed, “Work hard Yoomi-ah! I'll see you soon! By the way, it's still a nice shirt you got there!” he yelled out before he drove away, back to his nest.

Yoomi couldn't help but smile, what an unusual morning.