Call Dr. Shin.

What Do You Expect Me To Feel

The rain started to pour lightly. Yoomi was standing alone outside her school, waiting for Seunghyun's car to arrive. Seunghyun had been picking her up from school every day since she skipped school to Hongki's place with him a week ago. Yoomi is enjoying his company very much. They usually went to coffee shops or just strolled around Hongdae when Seunghyun felt like shopping some new clothes and they always somehow ended up crashing Hongki's place. It had been such fun days for her. Unlike Hongki, Seunghyun always agrees to just drop her off at the bus stop which makes it easier for her to find a place to sleep over.

Today, she said to Seunghyun to pick her up at 5, a bit later than usual cause she had a practice for her school's drama festival. But Yoomi's watch showed that it was 5.42 already. Ugh where's that skunk, he's almost 45 minutes late. What the hell, I'm hungry... She cursed her phone for being dead at such crucial moment like that.

The plan for today was to go straight to Hongki's place to spend time with Sunyoung unnie before she left for her modeling work in Japan. Sunyoung promised Yoomi to cook her a special menu which she so excited about. They pretty much got along very well after these past few days.

Yoomi heard her very own stomach growled. Aish... Really... She sighed and turned her head at her school building which already dark and empty. Everyone had left already.

Okay Yoomi, chill. If he is not here in 5 minutes then just walk and find a place to stay away from the rain..

After only 3 minutes standing in the rain, she felt her head was getting heavier and her breathing felt a bit irregular. She put her hand on her head in hope of reducing the pain but it just didn't help. She finally decided to leave her spot.

When she was about to turn around, she saw a car pulling over in front of her. She couldn't make out whether if it was Seunghyun's car so she slowly approached the car to make sure. As she walked toward the car, she suddenly saw dark spots all over her blurry vision. She stopped her steps, squeezed her eyes shut in an effort to get rid of them and held her head with her weak hand. The pain was unbearable.

She could hear the sound of the car's door being opened before her hearing started to fade. She eventually fell down, trying to take a glance at the car one last time before everything went completely black.

"Yoomi-ssi?"

***

"Ugh where the hell are those kids? I'm hungry~ Can we just eat already?" whined Hongki who was keep changing the TV channels while lying his head on Sunyoung's lap.

"They'll come soon. Yoomi said she has a drama practice, right? It shouldn't be long." said Sunyoung as she played around with Hongki's hair.

"Yeah but she said the practice would be done at 5. They should've been here by now. Aish, I'll kick their asses when they got here."

Sunyoung giggled, "It's raining pretty hard, maybe they got stuck at the traffic."

"Her school is like 5 minutes away! Maybe they're stopping by at Starbucks drinking cups of hot coffee, sitting by the window and forgot about this dinner."

"Maybe the car got troubled?"
 
"No. I think they are shopping happily at the mall right now while your untouched delicious dishes are waiting for them and about to get cold. Aish, really."
 
"Maybe the practice hasn't finished yet?"
 
"No. They probably are having fun somewhere. If they're in trouble they should've called." Hongki poked her cheek playfully.
 
"Maybe their cell phones-" Hongki pecked her lips before she could finish her fourth prediction.

"Noona, you and your positive thoughts, it's ridiculous." he said with a smile while pinching her cheek.
 
"I'm just trying to shut your whiny up. You're the one who's making up ridiculous stuff. Believe me, they'll come anytime soon." she started massaging his head lightly.
 
"Hmmm you're comforting me."
 
"I'm comforting you."
 
"I like it when you’re comforting me."
 
"I know."
 
They both smiled at each other.
 
"Sunyoung noona," Hongki took her hand and started to play with it. "Do your really have to leave? What should I do without you, huh? Just stay here with me."
 
"Come on, it's only 2 runway shows and I'll be back. Japan is not that far anyway, right?" she answered softly.
 
"I should've bought a flight ticket and join you. We can have a lot of fun in Japan..."
 
Sunyoung laughed lightly at how cute the younger boy was acting. "You got band practices, dear."
 
"Screw band practice." he pouted while Sunyoung laughed some more.
 
But her laugh was cut by loud sounds at the door. It was so loud that it sounded like someone was kicking instead of knocking it.
 
Hongki got up from Sunyoung's lap. "Aish, finally!" he sighed.
 
He lazily walked his way to the door then he heard someone yelled from outside. "Hongki-ya! Open the door quickly!"
 
Hongki stopped his walk and turned to Sunyoung, giving her a confused look. "Jonghun?"
 
"Quick, open the door." Sunyoung motion him to get the door.
 
Hongki hurriedly reached the door. He opened it and found Jonghun, drenched from the rain, carrying Yoomi who was unconscious in her soaked school uniform.
 
"Yoomi-ah?"
 
"Oh God, what happened?" Sunyoung moved from her seat and ran to the door. "Quick, put her in Hongki's bedroom!"
 
Jonghun did as he was told. He ran passed Hongki who was puzzled by the current event. "What the happened?" clueless Hongki asked as he followed Jonghun and Sunyoung to his bedroom.
 
Jonghun placed Yoomi on Hongki's bed and walked to Hongki.
 
"You know I'd love to help and all but I'm already 20 minutes late for this meeting so I gotta rush-" Hongki raised his eyebrow, questioning his best friend.
 
"Meeting, date, whatever. She's a JYP dancer, okay? And I have to go back home to change this wet clothes first and-."
 
"Hongki dear, get my suitcase outside please." commanded Sunyoung who was trying to control her panic.
 
Hongki hand signed Jonghun to wait before he grabbed Sunyoung's luggage beside the couch and brought it to his bedroom.

"Whoa, whoa..!" Hongki covered his eyes with his hand as he saw Sunyoung ing Yoomi's uniform. He quickly put down the suitcase and ran back outside.
 
Sunyoung couldn't help but let out a giggle, "It's okay, she's your baby cousin." she shouted to Hongki from the bedroom.
 
"She's still a girl! Aish~"
 
"Baby cousin? Since when Yoomi is your cousin?" asked Jonghun looking confused.
 
Hongki put his index finger in front of his mouth, "Long story." he whispered before he walked back to the couch and sat down.
 
"Anyway, do you mind telling me what happened?"
 
"Well, I was driving to my meeting point and saw Yoomi standing in the rain alone in front of her school. I stopped to check if it was really her, but before I could ask anything she passed out so I decided to bring her here. That's all I know. Now if you'll excuse me I have a JYP dancer waiting... You know how important this is for me."
 
Hongki chuckled, "Yeah of course, thanks for bringing her here. Anyway, you know you could borrow my clothes if you want?"
 
"Skulls and sparkling sweatpants? No thanks. To be honest Hongki, your sense of fashion is too bizarre." said Jonghun half-joking.
 
"Yah! It's eccentric, not bizarre."
 
Jonghun rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Besides, I think the rain got through my pants. I don't think any of your lil hello kitty undies would big enough to fit my precious down there."
 
Hongki quickly got up from his seat and ready to kick Jonghun's but Jonghun quickly ran to the door while laughing in satisfy.
 
"Kidding dude, you know I love you. Gotta go now. Tell Sunyoung noona I said bye. Hope Yoomi will get well soon." said Jonghun while putting on his shoes.
 
"Yea, yeah. Love you too. I'll see you tomorrow?"
 
"Yeah." Jonghun stopped his walk. "Wait, do you want me to call Dr. Shin to come here to check Yoomi and stuff?"
 
"Ah sure, yeah that'd be great. Thanks bro."
 
"Kay, I'll call him as soon as I get in the car. Bye!" Jonghun had already grabbed the door knob when he heard Hongki called him. "Jonghun-ah," Hongki lowered his voice. "This JYP dancer... Please ask if maybe any of her dancing friend might want to date me or something..."
 
Jonghun chuckled, "Sure thing, Lee Hongki. See ya!"
 
"See ya!" Hongki shouted back at his bestfriend before he walked out the door.
 
A second after Jonghun left, Sunyoung finally came out from Hongki's room with a pile of wet clothes on her hands. "Jonghun has left?"

"Yup. How was she?"
 
"Still unconscious. Maybe you should call a doctor." Sunyoung told him as he walked towards the bedroom.
 
"Jonghun said he'll call Dr. Shin, he should be here soon to check her up and all."
 
"Oh, that’s good. Did Jonghun say what happened?"

"He said he saw her standing in the rain," he frowned at his own words. "Like why the did she stands in the ing rain like that?" He looked into his bedroom and saw Yoomi, who had changed into Sunyoung's dry clothes, lying on his bed with her eyes closed. Seeing her like that reminded him the night he found them helplessly drunk alone in the night club. Weak and fragile, that was how she looked to him.

"Hmm? Seunghyun's not with her?"

"Ah! Right, that rascal! Where the hell is he?" Hongki abruptly grabbed his phone.

Sunyoung sighed, "Don't be too hard on him, dear." She looked at him with a worrying face. She knew that Hongki got pissed easily. And when he does, it has never been good. "I'm gonna put this in the machine and grab a lukewarm washcloth for her." she said lowly before she escaped the unwanted scene to the utility room.

Hongki just nodded at her and walked back to the couch. He took a seat as he dialed Seunghyun’s number.

"Yah." Hongki said coldly as soon as his call got connected.

"Yo! Oh, wait. I'm sorry, I dumbly answered this call without seeing the id. My bad. Who's this?"

Hongki clicked his tongue furiously as he sensed the young man behind the line’s voice sounded drowsy.

“Aish. Really? You just woke up?”

Huh? Hongki hyung? Uhm, wait, hmm.. What time is- What the ?! I-“

“Oh yes, it’s 7 pm. Time to yourself you ing fool. No need to come over.”

“Wait hyung-

I might kill you if you do.”

Clicked.