It’s simple, it’s easy.

What Do You Expect Me To Feel

Hongki parked his Volkswagen on the basement of his apartment and walked into the building. He found Seunghyun and Yoomi as he reached the elevators.

“Woah, look at that new born baby.” Seunghyun pointed his index finger at Hongki’s pimple. 

“I know right, that’s why I just got back from the skin care. You guys just got here?” 

“Yeah, Yoomi had a drama practice.” 

One of the elevators went ding and they stepped inside. “Another drama practice? When is the show?”

"Next month," answered Yoomi.

“Should we come and watch?” 

“Well, I don’t know it’s just a usual school drama thing. Not that fun, I guess. I’m only gonna sing for the opening scene anyway.”

“Okay, we’re coming! Prepare us good seats, kay!” 

"If you said so."

The elevator went ding again. They stepped out of it and went inside Hongki’s place.

“I put it on the coffee table beside that yellow thing.”

“Yah, it’s not that yellow thing! It’s a beautiful vase of sunflowers from Songsari~” whined Seunghyun.

“Whatever.” Hongki turned to Yoomi who was getting her cell phone. “Someone called and said something about your brother being in town or something. Anyway, careful with your stuff next time, okay. Leaving your phone is a really clumsy thing to do. I’d be dead if I were you.” 

“What?” she turned to Hongki with a serious face.

“Well, your phone kept ringing it was very annoying. So I just had to answer it because it’d be rude if I just turned it off but the guy who was calling, I didn’t bother to check the caller id first, is a bit rude himself..” Hongki shrugged.


 

“No, no. Wait, my brother what?”

“In town? I guess. That’s what I heard.”

“Oh my God,” she said lowly. “Oh God, Oh God, Oh God. Oh God, I gotta go. Bye guys!” Yoomi hurried herself to the door. “I’m sorry, thank you very much! Good evening!” She bowed a little before she ran out of the room. 

“Yah, Yoomi wait upi!” Seunghyun rushed after her leaving Hongki alone.

Hongki scratched the back of his head. “Tsk, weird kids." He then casually waltzed to the bathroom and looked deep to the mirror. “You ugly little better be gone by tomorrow,” he whispered to the reflection in front of him.  

***

“So you and Yoon Bomi is now an item?”

FT Island was hanging out at Hongki’s place after band practice that night. Seunghyun and Jaejin were playing some girly battle game on an ipad while the elder ones were casually watching a music show on TV. The maknae himself was busy with his cell phone when Hongki asked that question to him.

“Huh?”

Hongki nodded at the TV which was showing a performance of A Pink.

“Oh? Yeah, not really an item. I.. I don’t know, it’s a bit confusing,” Minhwan shrugged as he made his focus back to his cell phone.

“How is it confusing? She looks fine. Seem a bit crazy on variety shows but nothing serious, I thought you had her the last time you went out with her,” asked the leader.

Minhwan sighed and took a look at his hyungs. “I don’t know. It’s just.. I just don’t know what she wants. She also doesn’t know what she wants. It’s kinda complicated but I’m fine with what it is right now, so… It’s fine.”

“Yah, man up.” said Hongki while munching some pistachios. “‘Ah, I don’t know what I want.’ means she’s not sure about you. You either try harder to really get her or just find another. Young girls are like that; they want everything and make it hard on everyone ended up with not knowing what they want. That’s why maybe you should go back to the right track, get an older woman. They know what they want. They know what they’re doing. It’s simple, it’s easy. Smaller issue, yet bigger !” Hongki ended his 'lecture' with a wink for his youngest brother.

Minhwan just chuckled and rolled his eyes, “Whatever, hyung. I like her. I’m just gonna take it slow.”

Hongki scoffed, “Whatever. You’ll end up being boring like Jaejin.”

“Yah! I’m in a perfect loving relationship, okay. It’s not boring.”

“BOOOOOOOOOORING~” Hongki pretended to yawn and Jonghun laughed along.

“By the way, Seunghyun. How’s Yoomi?” Jonghun decided to change the subject.

“Yeah, I haven’t seen her around lately. I kinda miss that snoopy kid,” added Hongki while changing the TV channel, trying to find something more interesting than a commercial break.

“Uh? Oh, Yoomi? She’s been hanging out with her brother a lot. He hasn’t been in town for a long time so she wants to spend her time with him,” Seunghyun answered casually.

“Ahh, I see… So how’s the progress? You know, you and her.”

“Just wait and see,” said Seunghyun with a comic wink.