Sungchan: Horrible Throwback

Luhan: My Annoying Husband? (Sequel to Luhan: My Annoying Boyfriend)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lulu was a great stress reliever yesterday. I probably wouldn’t be sane the next day if he didn’t cheer me up. But then I still can’t get over the thought of Ara.

Luhan dropped me of again at the office and kissed me be goodbye before I went and faced my (currently) worst nightmare.

As I walked towards the office, a guy suddenly zoomed past me.

"Excuse me," he muttered as he lightly bumped me on my shoulders and hurriedly ran inside the building.

How rude. But I continued and ignored that little incident.

"Sungchan dear!" I turn to see Ms. Linda Han walking towards me with arms wide open and with an apologetic smile. "I heard what had happened yesterday."

I quickly bowed. "Good morning, ma'am."

"Oh, shush," she said and straightened me up immediately. "I'm not my mother." She sighed. "So? I heard my mother ordered you around."

I just nodded sheepishly.

She sighed again. "I'm sorry about that. My mother is very harsh on newcomers. She's always so keen on newcomers because she thinks they're spies who'll ruin Pororo for the network." She looked at me. "You're not a spy, right?"

I managed to make a crooked smile. "No ma'am."

She patted me on my back. "Yeah, I know. First time I saw you and I think you have so much potential in you that I don't think you're a spy. Believe me. I have a talent for knowing that." She winked and grinned.

"Thank you, ma'am."

"Go up now. You'll be meeting your co-supervisor who'll be working with you."

I blinked. I wasn't informed about that. "Co-supervisor?"

She nodded. "Yeah." Then as if she just remembered, she clasped her hand. "Oh! Didn't I tell you yesterday? Oh dear, I'm so so sorry." And she laughed out loud to her heart's content. "Ah, yes. You'll meet him upstairs when you go up. He wasn't here yesterday because he had a meeting to attend to, but oh well. Just get along with him."

I nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

"Just remember. Keep on doing your work good and don't let my mom be a nuisance to you. Okay?" She winked again. If she just weren't that beautiful, I would have been irritated with that wink by now. She turned around and left to go somewhere else in another hall.

I took up to the elevator and went up to my floor.

As soon as the elevator door opened, I immediately met up face to face with Madame President.

"You're late," she said with a straight face. Her make up was thicker than yesterday, and her eyebrows were cranked up one inch higher (just exaggerating though).

I shook my head nervously. "Oh, ma'am, no, I was just talking to Ms. Linda–"

"I do not pay you to be a gossiper in this company, and I clearly pay you to do whatever it is that is needed to be done in this office. And talking to my daughter would mean that she's been rubbing off her uselessness on you."

"Ms. Linda isn't useless, ma'am."

"You're talking back at me?"

I paused and lowered my head. "Um, no ma'am. I'm sorry."

The whole floor suddenly tuned down to wat

Please log in to read the full chapter