Luhan: Worried

Luhan: My Annoying Husband? (Sequel to Luhan: My Annoying Boyfriend)
Please log in to read the full chapter

(listen to this while reading :) )

I was back to my usual spot at the office. My left arm was resting on the table, while my right arm was standing on my elbows, cradling my head.

I was just staring at the computer screen all morning.

Today, there weren't many photoshoot appointments, so I was just at the office, organizing some files and all. And editing some pictures. But my mind just kept on coming back to Sungchan.

"Hey, Luhan, check out the files on the first folder." Eric suddenly passed by my desk and dropped a USB. "See if they're all in order, and if they are, send them to this person." He handed me a paper.

"Sure," I replied.

I was about to start, but then I felt his presence still lingering beside my desk. I looked up. "What?"

"What happened?"

I scratched my head and made a face. "What do you mean what happened?"

He sat on my desk, literally having some of my files scattered around. My computer was moved a bit. "You look bothered. Is it still about that?"

I sighed. "Can we just not talk about that, boss? I mean, we're at work, and I kind of want to finish early." I think I sounded rude, so I immediately followed up. "Sorry, boss."

I saw Eric side-smiled a bit. "I know it's hard, Luhan. We can't change what had happened. But you're the guy. You must be strong for your wife."

I sighed once more and rested my cheeks on my palm. "That's the point, hyung. Sungchan doesn't seem to get the vibe out of her. I kept on telling her to be strong. I'm trying to be strong. She told me she's fine, but when I asked her this morning, she was like a zombie. I'm pretty sure she's still out of it."

"You talked to her already?"

"Yeah. And to think that her birthday's coming up pretty soon. I just don't even know anymore."

He patted me on ym back. "You'll get through. You're Chinese."

I frowned. "What's that have to do with being strong?"

"I don't know. I just thought you're different because you're Chinese." He made this shy face. "That sounded racist, did it?"

I lifted my brows and nodded.

"Oh well." He patted me again on my back. "Get back to work." Then he left.

I honestly have no idea what had happened.

I went back to work diligently, with Sungchan on my mind. I plugged in the USB and checked the folder Eric wanted me to see. And as soon as I opened it, I can't hide the fact that a tear fell from my eyes.

They were all baby pictures.

Seriously, Eric?

The pictures in front of me were all for a baptismal photoshoot. I think this was done by Eunhyuk. The baby in the picture was smiling widely at the camera. A beautiful baby girl.

I sighed.

I did what Eric wanted me to do: check if the pictures were in order, then send it. When I was done checking, I got the paper and sent it to the email. Then I started wondering. This email add might belong to either the mother or the father. How bittersweet.

After sending it, I proceeded to doing my own work.

As I organized some files on my computer, my cellphone suddenly beeped. Sungchan's name appeared, with a text message.

Luhan, I'll be a little late. I'll text you when I'm done. :)

I stared at the message. Most specifically at the smiley. I really feel burdened when Sungchan does this, trying to be strong and all. I don't want her hurting. But she's hurting herself so much at the moment.

I replied back. Sure. Please take care of yourself, Chan-Chan. Love you.

And I waited.

Love you too, Lulu.

That had me grinning like a fool.

It's almost Sungchan's birthday. What should I get her? Aw, I better make this present good to make her happy. 

Hm. I'll probably be using that time waiting for Sungchan to go shopping for her present.

 

---

 

I think I ran out of ideas to get as a present.

The past years, I always bought Sungchan stuff like shirts, jewelries (which she almost killed me for because she hates them, but I had no choice), books, and food. Last year, I bought her this couple shirt that when we stand close to each other, a heart forms in the middle.

Inside the mall, I was going to places and places.

I went to the clothes department, and after sifting through dress racks, I gave up.

I went to the jewelry department, and after staring at those necklaces, I gave up.

I went to the bookstore, and after glancing at the titles, I gave up.

I went to the famous bakery inside the mall, and after checking on flavors, I gave up.

Because I don't think none of those would even make Sungchan happier.

I finally stopped at the quadrangle in the middle of the mall,

Please log in to read the full chapter