Epilogue

Luhan: My Annoying Husband? (Sequel to Luhan: My Annoying Boyfriend)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Two years later - Sungchan's POV

I was already rushing things. And I didn't even know why.

I have to pick up Ara at school today, but I'm still here at my office.

"Sungchan?"

I looked up from my desk to see Miss Linda peeking inside my new office room. "Yes, ma'am?"

She entered and was all smiles. "You look spiffy in your new office," she said as she glanced around.

I gave her a small, but utterly anxious smile. "Oh, um, thanks, ma'am."

"You know, I really applaud you. You're the first person my mother has promoted. Well, aside from Jin, yes. Either she really likes your guts, or your talents, or she's just really changed."

I nodded, but I was still anxious. And my stomach is at it again at the moment. I've been getting those unexplainable cramps these past few days, and I just can't seem to find a solution to this.

"Are you alright?" Miss Linda asked.

I quickly composed myself and grinned. "Yes, ma'am. I am."

She lifted an eyebrow. "I know you're not. Come on. What's wrong?"

The breath that I have been holding on since a while ago due to my cool-and-composed facade has now been released, and I feel like I immediately looked like a possessed zombie. "I'm so sorry, Miss Linda. It's just that, I need to pick up my daughter at school right now."

"You mean Ara? She goes to school already?"

I nodded. "And then, I still have these things that I have to do here. Plus, I'm getting a little bit more frustrated with this tummy ache I've been having these past few days. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry for btching out, ma'am."

She suddenly chuckled. "Then just go."

I looked at her. "What?"

She laughed even louder. "Sungchan, you're already the new head of the whole production department. You can come and go anytime you want. Weren't you informed of that?"

It's like my face went zombie to soulless in less than a second. I shook my head. "I didn't know, ma'am."

She laughed even more. "Well, now you know. And besides, mother would probably allow you to do that, especially with the kid-adoption-situation and all." She shook her head. "Mother used to be of full support to me too even if I was adopted." She beamed. "So, just go."

I was finally able to breathe, and I chuckled. "Thanks, ma'am."

I immediately stood up and went out of the building. I didn't know the perks of being the new production department head would be this awesome. After Jin was promoted to a new department, I was also promoted at the same time to this department. So it's like win-win, or whatever.

I headed straight to my car and drove off to Ara's school. 

Yes, I finally learned how to drive. Lulu taught me. And I bought myself this new car. It's like everything was clicking in place perfectly.

I was just in time arriving at Ara's school, because I just saw the whole class coming in near the school gates. I parked the car and went out to fetch Ara.

When I arrived at the gates, Ara was talking to a friend and was laughing. I waved my hand for her to see me, and when she did, she bid her friend goodbye and waved at me. "Eomma!" She ran up to me and gave me a hug. "Hi hi Sungchan eomma."

"Hi sweetie," I said and held her hand. "Let's go home."

We both entered the car, Ara in the passenger's seat, and we drove home. I called to work that I'll be working under time today, because I'll be spending the rest of my day with my family, most especially my out-of-this-world husband who has not made any notice that he's alive ever since he went to Jeju yesterday. He was on a field work and was sent by Eric there.

I was still driving, when Ara suddenly asked beside me. "Sungchan eomma, why are you not going back to work?"

I looked at Ara and smiled. "Because, honey, we will be waiting for your father to get home. It's a very special day for both of us."

She stared at me, and then she suddenly brightened. "OH! I forgot! Happy anniversary to you and appa, Sungchan eomma!"

Yes, it was Luhan and I's wedding anniversary. So that punk better be home, or I'll skin him alive.

I chuckled. "Thanks, hon

Please log in to read the full chapter