Luhan: After Shock

Luhan: My Annoying Husband? (Sequel to Luhan: My Annoying Boyfriend)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"That , bro."

"What happened to Sungchan, then?"

I sighed at Jonghyun's question. "She's at home. She called in sick for work today. I didn't stop her." I knew she probably wants some time alone for herself.

After that shocking news yesterday, it's like all hell broke loose for Sungchan. True, that I'm actually sad I won't be having a baby with Sungchan. But then I realized I was actually sadder that Sungchan is in much more pain for the fact that she can't have a child. She's the woman. I'm pretty sure it's much more painful for her.

She tried her best and nodded at the doctor when we left the hospital. She was trying to be strong. I know that. But as soon as we got inside the car, she poured her heart out and cried for the unborn child. I felt guilty because all I can do last night was hug her, and no more.

This morning, when I tried to wake her up for work, she didn't budge–I actually got a heart attack. But then she turned to face me and hugged me.

"I'm sorry, Luhan. I'm so sorry," she whispered as she sobbed beside my ear.

"It's alright, Sungchan. It's not your fault," I assured her this morning.

And on it went. She did eat though, but she didn't look good. I actually told her I can take a leave at my job again, but she insisted for me to go. That she'll be alright.

That's what I'm afraid about Chan-Chan sometimes. She tries to be strong for everyone else around her, when all she has inside is pain. I pointed that out to her ever since. And she said she's fine, knowing that the people around her won't be burdened by her.

Maybe that's another one of the things that I love about her the most.

"I can allow you to leave, Luhan, if you want," Eric said as he walked from the water dispenser back to my desk.

Of course, I had to tell my friends at work. They've been wanting to be the godparents of my, uh, supposed-to-be child.

I gave a small smile and shook my head. "It's alright. I'm pretty sure Sungchan won't even allow it."

"I really sure do hope Sungchan noona is going to be okay," the trainee Kim Jongin, or Kai offered.

"Yeah," Jonghyun agreed. "My sister almost has the same situation. But it's a bit different. She already had the baby in her. Um, it just didn't go well for the baby. Well, what's more for not having any at all?"

"Shut up, Jonghyun," Eunhyuk hissed. "I'm not sure if you're comforting or what."

"No, no," I said, "it's okay. He's right anyway."

"Well, what about you, Luhan?" Eunhyuk asked. "What do you feel?"

That question struck me. What do I really feel about this?

"Of course, I'm disappointed. I actually want to be a father. Then things turned out this way. But then, I just think of how more disappointed Sungchan is. I want to be strong for her." I looked at them. "Am I right?"

They all nodded in unison.

"Well," Eric started. "We'll never know for sure then. Maybe, in the future..."

"The doctor had already told us it's impossible," I pointed out.

"Doctors are still humans. They make mistake. So, what if, right?"

Yeah. What if? But then, I highly doubt that though.

"Okay, now." Eric clapped his hands for attention. "Get back to work." He went up to me. "You have a small field work again. Bring Jongin with you."

"Yes, sir."

 

----

 

It was actually just a short phot

Please log in to read the full chapter