Luhan: Finding A Gift

Luhan: My Annoying Husband? (Sequel to Luhan: My Annoying Boyfriend)
Please log in to read the full chapter

I'm really glad everything is okay with Sungchan already. She's been singing in the shower again, and she's once again that woman who I annoy all the time.

My only problem now is her birthday gift.

We're only a week away from her birthday, and I haven't even gotten the perfect gift for her.

I was eating my breakfast that Sunday morning, and that was what I was thinking off. I kept on playing with my food. It was cereals by the way. Yeah, I don't care. I'm a kid at heart.

Anyway, I was just stirring my bowl like a kid. I had my elbow on the table, and my chin on my palm. What in Hera's name am I going to get Sungchan this time?

"You know it's wrong to play with your food."

I looked up to see a freshly-bathed Sungchan, drying her hair with a towel. She sat on the seat opposite me and got her own bowl. "I'm gonna take that from you if you're not gonna eat it."

I immediately scooped and brought the spoonful of cereal to my mouth, and I beamed at her, still with my mouthful.

"Oh, Lulu," she chuckled.

After I swallowed my food, I watched her as she poured her own cereals on her bowl, then she proceeded with the milk, then she ate.

I blinked. Should I get her food again?

She started swallowing, then she looked up and stared at me. "What?"

I looked down and started stuffing my mouth again. I think I stuffed too much that I accidentally filled my whole mouth. I wasn't able to swallow properly, and I ended up choking. Great.

Sungchan stood up and started patting me on my back. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

I coughed and coughed while she continued to pat my back.

"Are you that hungry??" she asked deliriously and walked to the fridge. She came back with a glass of water and gave it to me.

I took it and drank from it. After clearing my airways, I finally was able to breathe again.

"You okay?" Chan-Chan asked as she went down to her seat again.

I gave her two-thumbs up. "I'm okay."

She crossed her arms. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head and looked down back to my cereals and pretended to be innocent. "Huh? Nothing. What do you mean what's wrong?"

"You're bothered."

"I am?"

"Bothered and panicky."

"No, I'm not."

"Luhan."

Her stern voice made me peek at her slowly. She already had this probing-slash-questioning face.

"You want to go out?" I suddenly blurted out to erase suspicion. Was I suspicious? I don't know. We both can read each other very well. I'm trying my best to elude suspicions.

She raised an eyebrow. "What?"

I shrugged. "I just thought of it. Do you want to go out today? It's a beautiful Sunday. You might want to, uh, relieve stress for the day?" I showed her a smile. But I'm pretty sure it came out weirder than I imagine.

Her frown eased a bit, then it totally faded from her face. Then she nodded. "Sure. Okay." She stood up. "I'm gonna go get changed." Then she went back upstairs.

That was quick.

I was actually only going to check what she's going to want for her birthday. But I'm going to do it in secret. Hehe.

 

----

 

"Mall?"

"Ew, no."

Drats. 

I was already driving us along the streets, and I was asking her where she wants to go. I immediately asked if she wants to go to the mall. 

"Why ew?"

"Too many designer labels there."

"Haha, Sungchan. Hahaha," I said sarcastically.

She chuckled. "Oh, Luhan. Hm. Alright. Let's go to the mall."

"You sound like you have no choice." I stopped on a red light.

She chuckled once again. "Seriously, Luhan. You're asking me to go to the mall. I'm already saying let's go. What else do you want as confirmation?"

I closed my eyes and breathed in heavily. Seriously, Sungchan. You're making this hard for me.

She suddenly pinched my cheek as I shifted the gear and drove on the green light. "Aigoo, Luhan."

What was that for?

A few more drive-minutes, we were already at the mall, the same mall I was in the last time I went to find Sungchan a gift. Now that the receiver is here, let's see where she'll be going to.

"Luhan, let's go." She pulled me by the hand and went to the department store.

I watched her as she went from dress racks to some jeans then to those designer shirts. So she wants clothes for her birthday? Should I get her that?

She pulled out a red long-sleeved knitted sweater with a turtle neck. She placed it on her and checked the outfit. "Does this look good on me?"

I smiled. "Anything look good on you, dear." But then, does she want that?

She made a face and placed it back on the rack. "Too

Please log in to read the full chapter