Luhan: Good Husband

Luhan: My Annoying Husband? (Sequel to Luhan: My Annoying Boyfriend)
Please log in to read the full chapter

I woke up to the sound of... oh wait, no, there's no alarm clock. I just literally woke up.

I stretched my whole body on the bed and turned to my side. Sungchan was still fast asleep, and sleeping like the princess I always imagined her to be.

It was her day off today since she had a party last night. I guess she's probably tired, since she also told me she defended their evil witch president. That could really be tiring. So I just let her sleep.

Me? It was my day off, too. Hahah no. It wasn't. I just wanted to spend time with Chan-Chan.

I swung my feet off the bed and stood up. Carefully, I walked over to the phone on top of the table beside our bed. 

Dialling the number to my office, I wondered if my boss Eric would allow me to take a day off. And I wondered what would Eunhyuk and Jonghyun think. They'll be jealous, probably. They're both lazy-asses.

"Hello?" Eric answered the phone at the other end.

"Yo, boss. It's me."

"Chinese man, where you at?"

I rolled my eyes with the moniker and the language. "Yo, Mr. Eric, would you mind if I take a day off today?"

There was a long silence at the other end, and I'm not sure if there's still anyone at the other line, because I couldn't even hear breathing. Heol.

"... Sir?"

"You're seriously gonna leave me with those two nitwits?" he asked hysterically.

I laughed. "Sir, I think Eunhyuk hyung and Jonghyun are going to be okay."

"Since when?"

I laughed again.

"Why are you taking a day off anyway?"

While holding the phone, I turned to the bed to look at Sungchan, still sleeping like a baby. She shifted in her position and scratched her nose. How cute. 

"Well, it's my wife's day-off. She seldom has her day off. And I want to grab the opportunity of–"

"–doing her?"

My face reddened. "What?"

"Grabbing the opportunity of doing her?"

I went even redder than a tomato. "No! Of course not! And besides..." I lowered my voice. "A few times is enough already..."

"AIGOO!" Eric screamed at the other end, laughing triumphantly.

"SHHH!! You're voice is coming out perfectly here at the other end!!" I hissed. My face was getting hotter by the moment and I can't stand it.

His laughter slowly died. "Alright, alright, Chinese man. Be thankful that it's a slow day today. But come back tomorrow.  I really don't want to stay with this two."

"Jongin is alright."

"Hm. Probably. But still."

I shook my head in amusement. "Okay, okay. Thanks, boss." And I hung up before he can convince me to go to work.

I turned to look at Chan-Chan, and she was still sound asleep. But then I noticed, she looks a bit pale. Was it because she was too tired? I went to her and placed the back of my hand on her forehead. She didn't feel hot. No fever. So maybe it's out of exhaustion.

So I went down and prepared breakfast for both of us.

There's this sandwich I saw on TV that looked yummy. With those lettuce and egg and ham and all. I checked inside the kitchen if we have those, and luckily, we do have.

Before I started preparing, I turned our mp3 and plugged it to the speakers. Pharrell William's Happy was the first one. 

This one's going to be a good one.

I started doing the sandwich and sliced the lettuce and the ham. I cooked the scrambled egg and placed it in a plate afterwards.

"Where is the oven toaster...?" I asked myself. When I'm all alone, I really have those times when I talk to myself. 

I searched all over the kitchen and I found it under the sink.

"Ah, there you are you little monster," I called to it.

I arranged the sandwiches, starting from the bread, then lettuce, then the egg, then another sandwich, and so on and so forth, and put it inside the oven toaster.

Then I waited.

"Because I'm happy~" I sang along to the song, tapping my feet to the music and bobbing my head. The song is really so catchy.

"Good morning, Lulu." Chan-Chan was going down the stairs, looking still half-asleep.

I walked towards her and hugged her. "Good morning, sunshine~" Then I twirled her around in time to the music.

"Lulu~" she giggled with her eyes still close.

"Clap along if you feel what happiness is to you!" I sang.

Please log in to read the full chapter