I: The Bastard and the Bestfriend

Accidentally In Love

 

Flashback: One Week Ago

 

 

[DARA]

 

 

I took a seat and rested my head on the backrest of the couch. My eyes fixed on the chandelier above me and I tiredly stared at it. It’s been three days, and I barely had any sleep. Chaerin, my best friend, has been telling me to get some, but I just can’t. How can I? Every time I close my eyes, I can see their faces three days ago inside that room. I can’t forget that moment. I can’t forget that moment when I just stood there, not wanting to believe that it is them in that room. That they are on the other side of that door with the big sign of a Morgue above it.

 

 

Why should I be the one to suffer the loneliness of losing my parents? I know that this moment will eventually come, but why should it happen on my graduation day? That should be one of the happiest days of my life. I should be laughing with them, hugging them and taking photos with them, but what happened? They met an accident, causing me to lose them both, my omma and appa. Now, I can’t help but think, if I didn’t force my parents to attend my graduation, will they still be here with me, scolding me for talking all day with my boyfriend instead of hanging out with my friends?

 

 

My tears started to roll down on my cheeks and I lifted my arm to cover my eyes. It just hurts. It hurts like hell seeing them inside that white rectangular box. It hurts that I won’t hear them scold me anymore. It hurts thinking that I would be alone from now on. It hurts thinking that I won’t be seeing them after this.

 

 

I sobbed loudly. I just can’t bear it anymore. I know that my tears should have run dry, but it didn’t. I still have lots of tears waiting to be shed. I don’t know. I just want to wake up from this nightmare.

 

 

*knock knock*

 

 

I immediately lifted my arm and shifted my head to the side to see who it was. Chaerin’s face greeted me and I know that she’s worried. Another tear fell from my eyes and Chaerin came to me after locking the door. She hugged me. She’s been with me ever since the news got to them. She’s the one helping me with my parents’ burial, and I’m so thankful that she’s here. I apologized to her and her parents, but they told me that I shouldn’t because they understand my situation and that I am a family to them already.

 

 

“Sssshh.”

 

 

I hugged her and let everything out. I know I’ve been crying ever since the accident, but I just can’t stop myself. I cried on my best friend’s shoulder, and she rubbed my back to calm me down.

 

 

“I’m still here.” Was the only thing that my best friend said. I silently thanked her for being here. I just hugged Chaerin and will myself to calm down. I let my mind wander to stop me from thinking about my parents.

 

 

After I calmed down, Chaerin pulled back a little. “Your aunt is here.” She said. Her face is serious. Chaerin knows everything about my family like she’s my real sister. I tell her everything, even my everyday conversation with my boyfriend.

 

 

I smiled bitterly. “What does she want now? Is she that happy after finding out that my father is dead?” I asked and stood up. I wiped my eyes and looked at Chaerin who also stood up.

 

 

“She seems kinda jolly for someone whose brother died.” Chaerin said. I clenched my jaw and headed to the door.

 

 

When I reached the living room, my aunt’s y face was the one that greeted me. I kept a face void of any emotions and walked towards her. She looked at me and my eyes didn’t keep me from seeing that evil smirk on her lips which disappeared the very moment it appeared. She walked towards me and attempted to hug me but I stopped her. She faked a frown, knowing that the other visitors were visiting us.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked and crossed my arms in front of my chest. “The last time I checked, you’re the first person that had been praying for my parents’ death.” I finished. I heard murmurs coming from the visitors, but I don’t care.

 

 

My aunt sneered but pretended to clasp her chest as if what I said hurt her. “What are you saying? I would never think of such a thing.” She said and her eyes became misty. If I could give her an award, it would be the Best Actress Among the es.

 

 

I felt Chaerin’s presence behind me. “Get out. I don’t need you here.” I commanded.

 

 

That seemed to get on her nerves because she smirked. “Oh dear. I’m your one and only aunt. You don’t have a choice but to live with me after your father’s burial.” She stated.

 

 

I smirked in return. “Really? I’m no longer a teen. You can’t dictate what I should or should not do with my life.” I answered. “I know you only want my father’s money, and I tell you, you will never be able to lay a finger on it.” I told her and turned my back on her.

 

 

She laughed but I did not care. I continued to walk away. “We’ll see about that, my dear niece.”

 

 

 

--oOo--

 

 

Present Day

 

 

Jiyong sighed and rubbed his temple after sitting on one of the chairs in the hall. It has been five days since the accident and the girl he accidentally ran into is still unconscious. He tried to stop his car from hitting her that night, but it was too late. Plus, the break of his car hasn’t really worked since the snow on the ground was slippery. He is beginning to feel irritated but at the same time, worried, after the doctor explained that the impact of the hit on her head was pretty bad and that she is in the state of coma.

 

 

He tried to find her family but after doing some investigation, he found out that the girl, whose name is Sandara Park, is already living on her own and that her parents just died a week after he hit her with his car. She only has her aunt who is living in Gwangju but when they tried to contact her, she’s always not around. Good thing he found out about her best friend who is already residing somewhere in Seoul.

 

Ever since the incident, he hasn't been able to visit the clubs where he and his friends hang out. He hasn't been able to lay a finger on the s who willingly gave their body to him since he is always in the hospital. The s has been calling him none stop, but he decided not to answer them, knowing that he won't be able to see them. He knows that he needed to get laid, badly, but he can't. The doctor always asks for his presence about the girl's condition.

 

 

“Hyung.”

 

 

Jiyong looked up and saw his friend’s face, Seungri, standing in front of him. He is wearing a thick coat and a black turtle neck paired with jeans and winter boots. In his left hand were his gloves which he removed.

 

 

“I found her.” He said.

 

 

Seungri was the one who was with Jiyong when the accident happened. He has been the one who is helping Jiyong in looking for the girl’s family and her best friend. They were talking when all of a sudden, Sandara absent-mindedly crossed the road. He knows that his hyung was under the influence of alcohol that night, but he was not that drunk. Jiyong only drank two glasses and then, they went home since his hyung was not in the mood.

 

 

“Where?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

“In a fashion boutique. She’s been looking for her best friend as well.” Seungri answered and took the seat beside his hyung.

 

 

“Did you already told her?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

“She should be here.” Seungri answered at the same time a beautiful woman in her early twenties, with long black hair came running towards their direction. She’s wearing a black coat, a black turtleneck and jeans, paired with her winter boots. She’s looking at the names on written on the doors of the rooms. When she came to where Sandara’s room is, she immediately stopped and peered inside the room. ,

 

 

“Oh my God.” She gasped and was about to open the door but Jiyong stopped her.

 

 

"Yah.” Jiyong called. Chaerin looked at him. Seungri knows that his hyung won’t be handling the situation in a “gentlemanly” way, so before Jiyong could open his mouth, he butted in.

 

 

“Are you Ms. Lee?” he asked. Chaerin nodded slowly and faced them. “Hi. I’m Seungri and -------“

 

 

“Were you the one who did this to her?” Chaerin asked before Seungri could even finish introducing themselves to her. Her face is serious, and Seungri knows that she’s angry.

 

 

“Huh? Oh, no. No” Seungri answered hesitantly. He saw Chaerin’s eyes shifted from him to Jiyong.

 

 

She crossed her arms in front of her chest. “Then I guess it is you?” She asked, raising her eyebrow.

 

 

Jiyong just rolled his eyes irritatedly. First look and he hates her already. Jiyong never liked girls who thinks they're superiors to him. He hated how Chaerin acted like she’s a boss or something. “It was your friend’s fault, crossing the street on a green light.” He informed her, his tone irritated. "Now my car is ruined." he said and shifted his head in front of him, but not before glaring at Chaerin.

 

 

Chaerin’s jaw clenched and she balled her fist. “Go to hell.” She spit out before turning towards the door and opening it. She went inside to look at her best friend’s state, leaving a stunned Seungri and an annoyed Jiyong outside.

 

 

 

 

Chaerin looked at Dara and held her limp hand. Her eyes became misty, thinking how her best friend suffered both losing her parents and meeting an accident. She sighed and held Sandara’s hand. “Dara-ah, wake up. You still have to kick your ex’s for cheating on you.” She told her.

 

 

Not a few seconds later, she heard the door slid open. She turn around and saw a doctor and two nurses walking towards Sandara’s direction. The two men she walked to earlier, Seungri and Jiyong, also walked inside.

 

 

“May I know how you are related to the patient?” the doctor asked kindly.

 

 

Chaerin looked straight to the doctor before she answered. “I’m her best friend.” She answered and shifted her gaze to Jiyong and Seungri before looking back to the doctor.

 

 

“Oh. Then can you call her parents? We need to talk to them.” The doctor asked.

 

 

Chaerin shifted her weight to her other foot and looked down at the sleeping figure on the bed. “They’re…… They’re gone.” She answered without looking at the doctor.

 

 

“Oh. I’m sorry to hear that. Is there any relative we could talk to?” the doctor asked as he started checking up Sandara’s condition.

 

 

Chaerin remembered Sandara’s aunt, but she knows better than to tell her that her niece met an accident. Sandara’s aunt and her husband are pure evil. For sure, they’ll kill Dara to get her inheritance if they found out about Dara’s condition. Sandara needs protection right now.

 

 

Chaerin’s fist clenched but she hid it behind her. “Her aunt..…. They’re……” She thought of something. Her eyes caught Jiyong’s suspicious stare at her, but she didn’t care. “They already migrated to US. She has no contact with them.” She lied.

 

 

The doctor sighed. “Then I guess I’ll just tell you about her condition.” The doctor looked at one of the nurses and the nurse gave the Sandara’s record to him. “Her right leg has been sprained, as well as her left hip. She acquired bruises all over her body due to the impact after she fell to the ground. But the worse was that she also suffered from brain damage, that’s why we kept her asleep for three days to prevent her brain from swelling. The result is getting better. We’re just waiting for her to wake up to see if there are still something wrong with her or if she’s feeling anything bad on her body.” The doctor finished.

 

 

Chaerin inhaled deeply and she glared at Jiyong, who in return, just stared back at her in annoyance. She clenched her jaw seeing Jiyong’s reaction. ‘He’s not even guilty with what he has done.’ She thought and shifted her gaze on Dara. “When will she wake up?” She asked.

 

 

The doctor gave the record back to the nurse who is standing behind him before facing Dara. “It’s up to her now.” The doctor answered. “We’ll leave now. Call me if anything happens or if she wakes up.” He said and turned around. She bowed at them and thanked the doctor, and then looked at her best friend after.

 

 

Chaerin sighed and took the seat beside Dara’s bed. She covered her face using both her hands. She knows that the two guys are still in the room, but she doesn’t care. Taking Sandara’s hand, she lifted it to her chin and prayed that she’ll wake up soon. “Come on Dara, wake up. You’re stronger than this.” She told her while tightening her hold on her hand.

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell the doctor about her aunt?” Jiyong asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

 

 

Chaerin placed Dara’s hand back on the bed. “It is none of your business.” She answered without looking at him. Seungri could only stare at her in amusement. He thinks that she’s a beauty but the way she acts to his hyung is really scary. He clearly doesn’t want to meddle with her when she’s angry but his hyung seems to not care about her being scary.

 

 

Jiyong smirked. “Fine." He stretched his arms and neck. "Finally, I can leave this place. Take good care of your best friend.” he sarcastically said and turned around. He walked towards the door and held the handle. He was about to open it but stopped when Chaerin stood up all of a sudden, causing the chair to fall back on the ground.

 

 

“You’re really unbelievable.” Chaerin said through gritted teeth. “Why is it that of all the people living here in Seoul, you’re the one who hit my best friend?” she asked. “Irresponsible bastard.” She spit out before breathing heavily. She wants to jump on Jiyong and pull his hairs out but she stopped herself. Seeing that arrogant face of his is making Chaerin even more angrier.

 

 

Jiyong turned around and glared at her. “Blame it to your stupid friend.” He told her. “If it’s not because of her stupidity, we won’t be here today.” He said and before Chaerin could even answer, he was already out of the room. Chaerin’s fist balled, her knuckles turning white because of anger.

 

 

Seungri sighed and looked at Chaerin. “I’m sorry about that.” He apologized and gestured to the door where Jiyong was standing earlier. “He’s just tired both from work and from looking after your friend.” He defended. He walked towards the door and opened it. “We’ll be back tomorrow. Call us if you need something.” He said and with that, he’s gone.

 

 

Chaerin glared at the door where Seungri had been standing a few seconds earlier. “Stop defending that bastard.” She said even though Seungri can’t hear her anymore. For a few minutes, she just stood there, calming her nerves. When she’s not angry anymore, she sighed before sitting down on the couch.

 

 

The room was silent. The only sound was the one coming from the machine that is connected to Sandara’s body. Chaerin thought about how to handle Sandara’s situation now that she’s not capable of doing it because of her condition. The way she is now, Sandara needs to recover first before she can fight for her rights. But for Sandara to be able to do it, Chaerin needs to hide her first, until she’s fully recovered. She roamed her eyes around the room, and that’s when an idea came to her mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Tada! So, here's my gift for you guys this Christmas. Sorry for taking so long to update this story. :3

I hope you read, subsrcibe, comment and upvote this story ^_^ BUT! only if you want to. I'm not forcing you. kkkk

Thank you for reading my second story! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Twitter & IG: @msjidee1812

                                        

 

  and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!! ♥♥♥

                     HENGSHO!

 

- MsGeeDee

 4debf97e443b549a592cb.gif