8

Believe Only Half of What You See and Nothing That You Hear - indefinite hiatus

“Where is Jonghyun?” Junyoung demands, and it’s obvious from the sound of his voice that he’s annoyed. It’s Sunday afternoon and the student council meeting has just begun.

Outside in the corridor, listening through the door, Jonghyun snickers. He’d made an appearance just long enough for everyone to see him and then made some lame excuse about needing to go to the bathroom.

“He went to take a leak,” Jiho says indifferently, and there’s a pop as he smacks the gum he’s not supposed to be chewing. “Chill out, dude.”

“That was fifteen minutes ago,” Himchan points out, and he sounds both amused and exasperated at the same time. “It doesn’t take that long for someone to pee.”

“So maybe he had to take a dump or something,” Jiho suggests next. “Jeez, you guys are too concerned with other people’s bodily functions. Gross.”

Jonghyun chuckles to himself and heads off upstairs towards the dorm rooms.

It’s not that he particularly minds student council meetings. Sometimes they’re a little long-winded when Himchan or Junyoung forces them to actually work, but most of the time they’re a lot of fun and Jonghyun doesn’t mind attending them. But today he doesn’t feel like it. And he’s only a class representative. It’s not like he has all that much of a say in the meetings anyway.

His feet follow the familiar path up to his boyfriend’s room, where he knocks grandly on the door.

It’s Minho, Kibum’s roommate, who answers. He wrinkles his nose in distaste when he sees that it’s Jonghyun. “Yah, what are you doing here? Taemin is supposed to be here any minute and you’re just going to be in the way, hyung.”

“Hello to you too,” Jonghyun replies with a snarky grin. “I’m just here to pick up my boyfriend. We’ll be out of your hair in no time.”

Kibum looks up from where he’s sitting cross-legged on his neatly-made bed, brows knitting together in confusion. “Did we have plans today?”

“Nope,” Jonghyun answers. “But I’m making plans now.”

Kibum’s mouth twitches even as he tries not to smile. “I have homework to finish. This economics class is going to be the death of me.”

“You can do your homework later,” Jonghyun whines – he can be exceptionally whiny when he wants to be. “Besides, Minho needs privacy so he can deflower innocent little Taemin.”

Minho’s face flushes crimson. “Y-yah! Don’t say things like that!” he exclaims in embarrassment.

Jonghyun only winks at him childishly.

Kibum groans but in the end he puts away his homework and grabs his jacket, giving his roommate an apologetic smile before he follows his boyfriend down the castle corridor. “Where are we going?” he asks, shrugging into his jacket and slipping his hand into his boyfriend’s.

“I thought we could go catch a movie in town and grab some dinner,” Jonghyun answers, swinging their hands happily between them.

“As long as we’re back before curfew,” Kibum says. Jonghyun has a habit of missing curfew by quite a lot. Then Kibum frowns. “Speaking of school rules, aren’t you supposed to be at a student council meeting?”

“It got cancelled,” Jonghyun lies easily as they step out into the bright afternoon. It’s surprisingly sunny today and, though the weather is still quite chill, the air has a promise of spring about it.

Kibum gives his boyfriend a level look. “You’re such a bad liar,” he accuses. “You’re skipping, aren’t you?”

“Can you blame me?” Jonghyun gives the younger his best puppy-dog pout. “Who wants to be cooped up inside with all those lame-asses on the student council when he’s got a gorgeous boyfriend he could be spending the afternoon with?”

Kibum blushes prettily and wrinkles his nose at his boyfriend for being so cheesy. “Yah, those lame-asses on the student council are your friends, remember?”

“Yeah, yeah,” Jonghyun laughs, bringing their connected hands to his lips so he can press a tender kiss to Kibum’s knuckles. “What movie do you want to see? I heard there’s a new romantic comedy out.”

Kibum gives him another flat look. “You must really be trying to get into my pants right now,” he says. “You hate romantic comedies.”

“Yes, but you love them,” Jonghyun teases. “And I want to see whatever you want to see.”

“God, you’re trying so hard to get laid that it’s not even funny,” Kibum laughs, rolling his eyes.

Jonghyun waggles his eyebrows suggestively. “Is it working?”

Kibum blushes again. “Maybe.”

Peritia Academy’s campus is only about a twenty-minute ride by bus into the nearest town and, as it is a Sunday, there are loads of other students making the trip that day. Still, Jonghyun is fairly well-known because of his status as a member of the student council and so a first year willingly gives up his seat for Jonghyun and Kibum. The drive is pleasant as the two discuss everything from their classes – which Jonghyun is already making a habit to skip out on – to their plans for the summer vacation – which they will definitely be spending together. Before they know it, they’ve reached the appropriate stop and they’re piling off the bus along with a plethora of other Peritia boys.

They’re happily settled into the back row of the theater, a container of popcorn between them and a cola to share, just half an hour later. They’re quite comfortable, Jonghyun with his arm slung around Kibum’s shoulder, the younger cuddled up against his boyfriend even though Kibum is technically taller.

Jonghyun takes the opportunity to peek over at his boyfriend as the CFs finally end and the opening credits for the movie begin to roll. Though he and Kibum have been dating for two years now, he’s still reminded how lucky he is every time he gazes at his handsome partner. They’d met back when Jonghyun was the first year representative on the student council and Kibum had been in his last year of junior high at one of the prestigious schools in the heart of Seoul. As class representative, Jonghyun had been assigned the task of showing prospective students around the school and giving them a general idea of what they were to expect. He had given Kibum quite a lot to expect if he were to come to Peritia. The two had begun a long-distance relationship that meshed into something more serious when Kibum actually began attending Peritia Academy. The two had been inseparable since.

Though Jonghyun isn’t a romantic at heart, he’s self-aware enough to understand that the blossoming warm feelings he feels when he’s around his boyfriend is very probably love. He’s never been in love before, but he’s not stupid – despite how little he tries in his classes – and he figures this is the real deal. Though Jonghyun had never considered an alternative uality before, after Kibum he knew that this was his only path. Kibum was intelligent and elegant and classy with just a hint of sass that could make even the professors take a step back.

Kibum catches him staring and his head in a silent question.

“Nothing,” Jonghyun answers, leaning in to peck his boyfriend on the lips. Then, deciding that just a peck isn’t enough to satiate him, he kisses the younger again, running his tongue along the seam of Kibum’s lips until his boyfriend opens up to him.

They’re both breathing heavily when they break apart, the sound masked by the shrill comedic tones of the lead actress on screen. Though Kibum had been looking forward to seeing this movie – he’d only been bugging Jonghyun about seeing it ever since it came to theaters two weeks ago – he isn’t paying attention to the film at the moment. He’s looking at Jonghyun with those bottomless eyes that seem to see right through the elder, all the way into his soul. Those eyes that say so much and so little all at the same time.

Jonghyun leans in and kisses him again, one hand coming to cup the back of his boyfriend’s neck, holding him in place as their lips mesh seamlessly, tongues roiling together sloppily.

It doesn’t matter how many times they do these things; it always feels like the first time for Jonghyun. There are always butterflies waging war in his stomach and his heart always feels like it’s going to beat right out of his chest. And always, always, there is that familiar strain against the stiff denim of his jeans.

Kibum knows this well, of course. They’ve been together long enough by now that he can pick up on his boyfriend’s moods instantly. So it’s not really much of a surprise when his hand comes to palm Jonghyun’s growing roughly through his pants.

Jonghyun moans out loud at the contact, the noise masked by the laughter of the audience, and reaches out a hand to reciprocate the gesture. He’s pleased to find that Kibum is already hard, growing harder as Jonghyun touches him through his sinfully tight jeans.

They’re both panting for breath as they work the zippers of their pants down, hands sliding past waistbands to grasp searing muscles. They’re the only ones in the back row and the theater is dark, and it’s not like this is the first time they’ve done something like this. Jonghyun tends to get at inopportune times and Kibum is something of an exhibitionist, so they’ve done quite a bit more than s in a movie theater before.

Jonghyun bites his lip and lets his eyes close as he focuses on the warm and familiar hand wrapped around his , jerking him expertly to completion. He’s close, oh-so-close, when Kibum leans down and envelopes the head in his warm mouth. That’s all Jonghyun needs to reach his end, and he comes biting down on his lip so he doesn’t cry out, hips stuttering as he empties himself into Kibum’s waiting mouth.

Before he’s even fully come down from his high, he bends down to give his boyfriend the same treatment. It’s a system they’ve got worked out for maximum clean up. If they swallow it all, there’s no sticky residue on clothes or seat cushions. So Jonghyun takes Kibum’s in his mouth and gives it two hard before Kibum explodes, filling his mouth with hot, salty . Jonghyun dutifully swallows everything and Kibum clean for good measure.

“I don’t know what’s happening in this movie now,” Kibum complains in a whisper as he tucks himself back into his jeans, wriggling around a bit so he can properly do up the zipper again.

Jonghyun gives him a suggestive grin. “We could always ditch the movie and go back to school for some real .”

Kibum rolls his eyes and shoves a handful of popcorn into his boyfriend’s face. “We can’t go back to school now. You’re ditching a student council meeting and you’ll get in trouble if you get caught.” Then he winks at Jonghyun. “Besides, your roommate has piano lessons until late tonight. We can use your room later.”

With that promise in mind, Jonghyun settles back to watch the movie.