.24.

Believe Only Half of What You See and Nothing That You Hear - indefinite hiatus

“It’s hot,” Jungsoo complains. He’s lying on his bed in his dorm room, shirtless, fanning himself with what used to be a test paper – he hadn’t even bothered to check the grade on it. It doesn't really matter what he got, at any rate.

Heechul, who is sitting at Jungsoo’s desk working on some last minute homework, gives his friend a flat look. “Dude, it’s not even May for a few more days.”

“I don’t care,” Jungsoo whines. “It’s hot enough that they need to turn off the bloody heat. Do they want all the students to roast alive?”

Heechul chuckles, going back to his homework. “Maybe that’s Ms. Han’s evil plan,” he suggests. “Maybe she’s planning on cooking all the students and having one hell of a barbecue.”

Jungsoo makes a face. “That’s disgusting.”

Silence falls between them, the only sound that of Heechul’s pencil as it scratches on his paper.

But of course whiny Jungsoo can’t have that. “Stop doing homework,” he grumbles. “It’s still the weekend for a few more hours. Let’s watch a movie.”

Heechul gives him another flat look. He’s fairly certain that Jungsoo is quiet seriously the most annoying person he’s ever met. “I have to finish this by tomorrow, Jungsoo. Not all of us can get away with half-assing our homework.”

Jungsoo grins impishly. “We could watch that new romantic comedy you’ve been wanting to see.”

Heechul grimaces. Jungsoo seriously knows the way to his heart. “Fine,” he gives in grudgingly. “Start downloading it and I’ll finish up this last question.”

“Finish the question later,” Jungsoo orders, setting the movie up on his laptop. “I downloaded the movie earlier today, so we can watch it now. And come cuddle. You’re way too far away to watch properly.”

Heechul hesitates for a brief moment. He and Jungsoo have been friends for an awfully long time, and cuddling together is certainly nothing new. However they haven’t cuddled since they shared that one unassuming kiss, and Heechul doesn’t know quite what to do or say.

But then Jungsoo is patting the space in front of him and Heechul automatically moves over to the bed, settling into the natural curve of his friend’s body. Jungsoo drapes an arm comfortably over Heechul’s waist, his bare chest pressed into Heechul’s back with deep, even breaths.

They’re barely twenty minutes into the movie before Heechul can’t stand it anymore. He feels awkward and he hates feeling awkward. What he hates even more is that Jungsoo seems totally and completely unaffected.

Before Heechul can say anything, however, Jungsoo speaks. “Hey, do you remember when we were at Jongwoon’s party a few weeks ago?”

Heechul’s whole body stiffens. “Uh, yeah, sort of. I drank a lot that night. Why?”

“Do you remember kissing me?” Jungsoo asks curiously. He’s propped up on his elbow now, looking down so when Heechul turns his head they’re practically nose to nose. Jungsoo’s expression is unreadable beyond simple curiosity.

Heechul forces an awkward laugh. “Oh, did I? Man, I really should stop drinking so much. Sorry about that. You know how I get when I drink.”

Jungsoo stares at him for a long time and Heechul starts to panic. What if Jungsoo calls him on his bull? Or worse – what if he doesn’t? But then Jungsoo just sighs and goes back to watching the movie.

And Heechul feels worse than he ever has before in his entire life.


“Hyukkie!” Donghae calls loudly, letting himself into their shared dorm room. “I’m back!” But the room is blissfully empty.

Donghae lets out a sigh of relief. Under normal circumstances, he’s really happy to have his best friend as his roommate, but ever since the debacle where he found gay on said best friend’s laptop, Hyukjae has been avoiding him like the plague.

Frowning, Donghae tosses his heavy backpack onto the floor beside his desk and flops down onto his back on his unmade bed. He puts his hands behind his head and stares up at the ceiling.

He wishes he hadn’t been such a snoop. Honestly, he doesn’t even know if Hyukjae really is gay. He supposes it’s normal for people to be curious. He hasn’t had the courage to bring it up because he’s a total coward sometimes, and, even if he wasn’t, Hyukjae has been avoiding him so thoroughly that the opportunity hasn’t come up.

He sighs and glances over at where Hyukjae’s computer is sitting on his desk, his lip curling up as though it’s the computer’s fault that this whole mess happened in the first place.

Then, with a sudden determination, Donghae launches himself up off the bed and into the chair in front of his roommate’s desk. He boots the computer up and logs on – no matter how many times Hyukjae changes the password, Donghae knows him well enough to guess what it is – and then goes in search of the password locked file.

Hyukjae has changed the location of the file and renamed it since Donghae’s last foray onto the computer, but Donghae knows what he’s looking for this time and he finds it with relative ease. He pulls up the first video in the list, his mouth a little dry, and shoots a nervous look over his shoulder before pressing the play button.

The video starts right at the good parts, apparently, because the screen is suddenly taken over by two guys – one really buff, athletic one and the other smaller and waifish – sprawled across a bed with messy sheets. The bigger guys is bending the smaller one practically in half and with one sharp of his hips, he enters the bottom.

Donghae wants to wince, he really does – because that looks painful as – but the way his own has suddenly jumped to attention is a little more alarming than the safety of the boy in the video. His uniform slacks suddenly seem way too tight and he’s feeling a little hot around the collar.

He glances over his shoulder again. He’s alone, and with Hyukjae avoiding him his roommate isn’t likely to show up for a few hours still. So, feeling guilty, he undoes the button on his pants and slips his hand past the waistband of his boxers.

His feels hot and heavy in his hand – it’s been a hell of a long time since he’s had and he’s never really watched before – and he bites his lip to keep from out loud. , he’s starting to understand why Hyukjae has this on his computer now. There’s something alluring about the way the two men fit together so perfectly and-

“Sorry, I forgot something-”

Donghae jerks so violently that he falls out of the chair, his hanging out proudly for the whole world to see. Only it’s not the whole world standing awkwardly in the doorway. It’s Hyukjae, and Donghae feels guilty and dirty and horrible as Hyukjae’s gaze moves from him to the video still playing on the computer, where the bigger guy is currently pounding into the smaller one without pause.

“I...uh…” Donghae literally has no words. He doesn’t think he’s ever been more embarrassed in his entire life.

Hyukjae steps into the room and closes the door behind him. “If you were curious, you could’ve just asked,” he says, and his voice is deceptively calm for a guy who has spent the last few weeks avoiding Donghae. “I can…you know…show you how things work. You know, if you want.”

That’s how Hyukjae ends up on his back on Donghae’s bed, his roommate and best friend hovering over him. Their mouths are already bruised from needy kisses, and Donghae is certain he’s never needed to feel the touch of another human being as he does right now.

The undressing part is easy, and it’s not long before they’re down to bare skin sliding against each other. But at that point, Donghae is pretty lost. All he’s got to go on is that one video he’d just watched, and just shoving himself into Hyukjae seems like it would be hella painful – he definitely doesn’t want to hurt his friend.

Hyukjae notices his hesitation. “What?” he demands self-consciously.

“What do I-?” Donghae doesn’t even know how to ask. “I don’t know how…? I’m sorry, I really don’t know how to do this…”

Hyukjae laughs. “I’m teaching you, remember? Look in the top drawer of my dresser. There’s a bottle of lube.”

Donghae clucks his tongue. “Naughty, naughty,” he teases, going to fetch the lube nonetheless.

Hyukjae blushes but retorts, “Look who’s talking.”

“Fair enough,” Donghae concedes, returning to the bed with the lube in hand. “Okay, so what do I do now?”

“Pour some on your fingers,” Hyukjae instructs. “And then put them inside me. One at a time, so I can get used to the stretching.”

Donghae hesitates.

Hyukjae lifts his head worriedly. “What’s wrong? You don’t have to do it if it grosses you out or anything. I can do it myself.”

“No,” Donghae assures him. “I want to try. I just don’t want to mess up.”

Hyukjae smiles shyly. “I’m sure you’ll do fine.”

So Donghae does as he’s told and slips one finger inside the searing warmth of his best friend’s body. Hyukjae winces and in his breath sharply, and Donghae panics at once. “Oh my god! Did I hurt you?”

Hyukjae chuckles. “No, it’s just really cold. You’re supposed to warm it up between your fingers first.”

Donghae is suitably embarrassed. “Sorry…” he mumbles.

“It’s okay. I’m okay now,” Hyukjae reassures him. “Just keep going.”

So Donghae does, feeling flustered and yet determined. He starts out slowly, moving his finger in and out. His friend’s whimpers and moans urge him to pick up the pace, however, and he’s soon going much faster. He adds a second finger and then a third when Hyukjae urges him to. Just watching Hyukjae’s swollen red grow harder against his heaving abdomen makes Donghae all the more interested.

“Okay,” Hyukjae finally says, gazing up at Donghae with heavy lidded eyes and flushed cheeks. “I’m ready for you. There are condoms under the mattress.”

Donghae is both terrified and eager as he retrieves a with trembling hands and rolls it over his throbbing . He positions himself at Hyukjae’s stretched entrance and hesitates. Part of him can’t believe that he’s doing this, but the other part of him can’t believe that it’s taken him this long to get to this point.

“Don’t worry about me,” Hyukjae tells him, pulling him in for a heated kiss. “I’ll be fine. I promise.”

“If it doesn’t feel good, just tell me,” Donghae whispers, breathing coasting over his roommate’s lips. “Promise?”

“I promise,” Hyukjae all but wails. “Just get in me already!”

And that’s all Donghae really needs to hear before he’s pushing in slowly, Hyukjae’s body him in as if it’s just as eager as he is. And then he’s buried balls deep in the tightest heat he’s ever known and it’s going to be a miracle if he manages to hold his at bay for more than a few minutes.

But then Hyukjae is rutting up against him and he’s panting and he’s writhing and he’s so ing needy that Donghae loses all control and he picks up the pace until they’re both teetering at the edge of oblivion. Then Hyukjae opens his eyes and he looks up at Donghae and his lips and that’s all it takes for Dongae to explode, throwing his head back with a low moan, his fingers digging bruises into Hyukjae’s bony hips.

Neither of them say anything for several minutes while they come back down from their highs, arms wrapped around each other.

It’s Hyukjae who finally breaks the silence. He props himself up and looks down at Donghae with a shy sort of smile. “I can teach you how to bottom next time if you want,” he offers.

Donghae barks out an exhausted laugh. “I think I’d like that a lot.”