3

Believe Only Half of What You See and Nothing That You Hear - indefinite hiatus

Himchan looks down at his desk.

Himchan looks up.

Himchan looks down.

Himchan looks up.

Himchan looks down.

“Would you quit that already?” Dongwoo snaps irritably. “You’re giving me whiplash just by looking at you.”

“Sorry,” Himchan mumbles, but then he looks up again.

Dongwoo sighs. “If you like him so much, just go talk to him. Although why you’d like him in the first place, I’ll never know. That guy is one scary mother er.”

“I can’t just go and talk to him!” Himchan exclaims, tugging on his hair in frustration. “He’s the epitome of perfect, Dongwoo.”

“Aren’t you claiming to be perfect all the time?” Dongwoo reminds him with a smile, going back to his Calculus homework. “Shouldn’t two perfect souls go together like peanut butter and jelly?”

“Shut up,” Himchan mumbles.

“Like macaroni and cheese?”

“Shut up.”

“Like cookies and milk?”

Shut up!”

Several people in class turn to look at Himchan after his outburst, including the specimen he’s been eyeing. He turns bright red until said godlike male returns to his math assignment.

Dongwoo is snickering into the spine of his book. Himchan reaches over and punches him in the arm. “I really ing hate you sometimes,” he mutters.

“Yah, is that any way for the vice president of the student council to speak to a student?” Dongwoo teases, rubbing his arm and still chuckling. “Just go talk to him, Himchan. You’re being ridiculous. What’s the worst that could happen?”

“He could laugh at me,” Himchan says immediately. “Or worse, he could simply ignore me. I would die if that happened, Dongwoo. Absolutely die.”

Dongwoo shakes his head. “Jesus, you’re normally the cockiest and most arrogant bastard I know. What does this guy have that makes your confidence run like a dog with its tail tucked between its legs?”

“Have you seen him?” Himchan demands incredulously, keeping his voice low lest they be overhead. “His lips, Dongwoo. Look at his ing lips. And his voice, oh god, his voice.”

“He sounds like he’s smoked a couple thousand cigarettes too many to me,” Dongwoo mutters, scribbling his answer onto his assignment.

Himchan continues as if his friend hasn’t even spoken. “And he’s got this really nice body. You can’t really tell in his school uniform, but I had gym class with him last year and he’s got one killer body. Not to mention he’s probably hung like a ing horse-”

Dongwoo promptly stuffs his fingers in his ears, squinting his eyes behind his glasses. “Gross, bro. You know I don’t care that you’re gay and whatever, but can you please not talk about other guys’ in front of me? You’re gonna scar me for life.”

“Homophobe,” Himchan teases, but he doesn’t really mean it.

Dongwoo rolls his eyes. “Yeah, that’s why I’m best friends with you.”

Himchan falls silent. He tries to focus on his assignment – even though it’s only the third day of school, he can already tell that Calculus is going to be his most difficult class – but his mind keeps wondering to the boy sitting three rows in front of him.

He’d first noticed Bang Yongguk during his first year. They hadn’t had any classes together, but he’d seen the other around the hallways and during assemblies and at mealtimes in the Great Hall. He’d been smitten right from the get-go, gushing to his friends about Yongguk’s chiseled features and his -inducing voice and his devil-may-care attitude. His crush had only gotten worse the previous year, when they’d had four classes together. He’d been able to stalk Yongguk on a whole different level. But, for all his cockiness and arrogance, he’d never mustered up the courage to speak to Yongguk other than passing him papers or a book.

But this year is going to be different, he’s decided. They’re third years now and will be graduating next February. They’ll probably never see each other after that if Himchan doesn’t man up and do something, and he can’t bear that thought. He slams his fist into his book determinedly. He’s definitely going to do something this year.

“Did your textbook do something to offend you or are you having a vicious internal debate?” Dongwoo asks, quirking his eyebrows at his best friend in amusement.

“Shut up,” Himchan groans.

“So are you going to talk to him?” Dongwoo presses when Himchan buries his face in his book.

“Yes,” Himchan replies vehemently. “…Sometime.”

Dongwoo only rolls his eyes.

Himchan feels that he’s done a fairly good job of embarrassing himself in class today – though he’s not easily embarrassed – and he’s ready to dash out of Calculus for his next class. He’s almost reached the door when Dongwoo shoulders him hard, knocking him off balance, knocking him right into someone’s desk.

Yongguk looks up, less than amused to have Himchan sitting on top of the assignment he’d been trying to finish.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry!” Himchan is flustered, Himchan who never gets flustered. He quickly hops up, trying to smooth down the wrinkled paper he’d inadvertently sat on. In the doorway, Dongwoo is laughing hysterically. Himchan makes a mental note to draw and quarter his best friend later.

“It’s fine,” Yongguk mutters dismissively, his deep voice sending a chill down Himchan’s spine.

Himchan glances up at Dongwoo, who has stopped laughing and is urging him on with curt hand gestures.

Himchan swallows the lump in his throat. “I’m, uh, Himchan. Kim Himchan.”

Yongguk simply stares at him with bottomless eyes.

“I’m the vice president of the student council,” Himchan continues, growing more and more nervous.

Still, Yongguk just stares at him.

“We had some classes together last year?” Himchan is about to give up completely. In fact, he may have to transfer schools this year. Dongwoo and his bad advice.

Yongguk returns to his homework. “I know who you are,” he says shortly. “You broke your nose last year when someone kicked a soccer ball into your face during gym.”

Himchan turns bright red, as much as from Dongwoo’s hysterical laughter as from the comment itself. “Yeah, well…” he mutters, bringing his fingers up to touch his nose.

Yongguk continues without looking at him, shoving his belongings into his backpack. “You got a nose job because of it. It looks good.”

Now Himchan is blushing even more, but for an entirely different reason. He runs his fingers over his nose again. “R-really? You think so?”

“Sure,” Yongguk says, slinging his bag over his shoulder. “See you later.”

“Uh, wait!” Himchan calls before he can chicken out. “Do you want to maybe hang out this weekend or something?”

“I’ve already got plans,” Yongguk calls back, and then he’s gone.

Dongwoo comes to stand by a deflated Himchan, looking in the direction Yongguk had disappeared in. “Well, at least he says he likes your nose job,” he consoles. 


Shin Dongwoo (CNU): B1A4

 

Bang Yongguk: B.A.P.


Sorry it's taken me so long to update! I've been really super busy!