.20.

Believe Only Half of What You See and Nothing That You Hear - indefinite hiatus

Jiyeop bursts into the dormitory he shares with his best friend, his heavy bag slung over his shoulder. His last study session of the day had seemed to last forever, but now it’s over and he can finally start his weekend.

He finds his roommate, Minwoo, sitting at his desk with reading glasses perched on his nose, poring over his history textbook. He barely even looks up when his best friend comes bursting in.

“Minwoo!” Jiyeop exclaims, throwing his bag down in the corner beside his bed. He’s got plenty of homework he could – and probably should – be doing, but he’s got Sunday afternoon for that. He’s officially in weekend mode now. “What are you doing?”

Still, his friend doesn’t look up from his history textbook. “I’ve got a paper due for history next Friday so I’m trying to get it out of the way.”

Even though Jiyeop likes to consider himself a fairly academic person, he is both appalled and disgusted by this admission. “You’ve got an entire week to do that paper and it’s only got to be three pages!”

Minwoo finally looks up, over the top of his reading glasses. “Yeah, so? Better to get it out of the way now than to wait until the last minute.”

Jiyeop flops down onto his bed with a groan. “You’ve never waited until the last minute to do any assignment. Ever. But it’s Friday night, Min. There are about a billion parties going on right now. You know Jongwoon is throwing one of his killer parties and I managed to snag an invitation. We should definitely go.”

Minwoo sighs, removing his glasses altogether. “You know I don’t like Jongwoon’s parties. They’re not…good. There’s drinking and people are hooking up…If my pastor knew I ever went to one of those places…Let’s just say I’d never be able to show my face in church again.”

Jiyeop frowns. He knows that Minwoo is incredibly religious – how could he not? They’ve been friends for ages – but he also knows that he thinks Minwoo is a bit too strict on himself sometimes. “You don’t have to drink or hook up with anybody. Or do anything you don’t feel comfortable with. Come on, I can’t miss this party. If I don’t go, I might not ever get another invitation. This could totally change what third year is like for me. For us.”

Minwoo forces a little smile and replaces his glasses. “Go without me,” he suggests. “You’ll have more fun that way anyway. I’m just a wallflower in those situations anyway. I’d just hold you back.”

Jiyeop purses his lips for a moment, but then he goes and gets his laptop and settles down on his bed with it, pulling up his movie collection from his external drive.

Minwoo looks up at him in confusion. “What are you doing? Aren’t you going to Jongwoon’s party?”

“Nah,” Jiyeop grins, making himself comfortable. “I want to spend my Friday night with you, so if you don’t want to go, then we don’t have to go.”

Minwoo’s lips are twitching up in a smile as he closes his history book. “What about your popularity?”

“You’ll always talk to me even if I’m the most unpopular guy in school,” Jiyeop cracks. “Who needs anyone else?” He pats the bed beside him. “Want to watch a movie? I downloaded that new documentary you’ve been wanting to see. Let’s watch it together.”

Minwoo tosses his glasses down on the desk and scurries to join his roommate on the bed. “You’re a really good friend, Ji,” he says, making himself comfortable in anticipation for the movie.

Jiyeop tries not to inhale Minwoo’s sweet scent as he presses play on his computer. “I try,” he mumbles. 


Sorry so short :/