Attention

Mr. Playboy and his Rose

 

Narrator's pov:

 

Sumi looked at her test and bit her lips. She did well enough, that was what she thought, but apperently her parents didn't like the idea at all that she got shoved away from her first place in best scores.

She wasn't a robot, she wasn't some genius, how was it even possible for her to get the best scores all the time.

Troubled. Sumi was troubled by this and not only because she felt jealousy towards Jonghyun who seemed to get that high score without even trying, but also because she knew she had to study even more from now onwards.

Her hands almost ripped the test in shreds, but she carefully placed that piece of paper inside her map and closed it, having enough from seeing that stupid test.

Her tired eyes wandered to the window and she smiled lightly as she stared at the crescent moon hanging in the dark blue night. 

The moon was beautiful and she loved watching it, but she never really got the chance to admire it for a long time.

Why?

Because she had to study, a lot. She would study and study to the point she was so tired that shewould forget that beautiful moon.

Tonight was an exception. Because she was feeling down, she wasn't in the mood to study and luckily her parents were away.

Visiting some friends of her dad is what herparents told her and she couldn't have been even more delighted that they were out of the house and that she could finally taste a bit of freedom. Small and short, but since they weren't coming back home for one night, she was overjoyed.

The blanket that was draped over her legs was wrinkled as she moved, humming on a soft lullaby she heard once, a very long time ago, back when she was still a normal kid with normal parents.

That was only a dream, a small piece of a dream like memory she had over.

Sumi admired the moon with a small smile playing on her lips when suddenly her cellphone went off. She wanted to ignore it but the other person didn't give up that easily and called again, this time Sumi grabbing it and answering it with a small grumble.

"Hello?"

"Sumi!" a bright voice said excited, making Sumi smile lightly.

"Hmm?" she hummed softly, waiting for the other one to start and explain why he even called her at such a late hour.

"Let's eat breakfast together tomorrow before going to school?" Jonghyun asked with an excited voice.

"Breakfast? Bu-"

"Come on Sumi. At teh bakery you went last time. It's on me. I'll pick you up tomorrow at your house?"

"No...Let's just meet in front of the bakery." Sumi said quickly.

It may have come off a little rude, but she wasn't planning to let Jonghyun know where her house is. That would only complicate things more when he would suddenly come over when her parents would be home.

"Okay. 7AM then?" Jonghyun asked.

Sumi hummed and told Jonghyun she would meet him tomorrow but would sleep for now.

It was a good night, since she could go and sleep more early and in no way would she let this chance slip by her.

 

---

 

Jonghyun was already inside the bakery before the time he and Sumi would meet up. He sat at a table and was lost in thouhts when suddenly someone came to sit in front of him.

"Hyesung noona." he grinned as he finally realized who it was that suddenly sat in front of him.

"You're not here to eat, are you?" she asked suspiciously.

"Of course I'm here to eat. I'm not planning to starve here." Jonghyun gasped offended but quickly laughed as he saw her give him an even more suspicious look.

"Fine. I'm here to do my job." Jonghyun shrugged. Hyesung looked at Jonghyun and smiled softly.

"I'm forever thankful to you, Jonghyun, but you're still doing this?" she asked worried and fixed her hair a bit as it started to fall in front of her eyes.

"It's different this time." Jonghyun tried, but this didn't fool the young woman who he once helped.

"Just don't let yourself fall playboy." she smiled caringly and aptted his head lightly.

"Noona." Jonghyun pouted, fixigin his styled hair again.

She chuckled and shook her head before she stood up and helped a customer that walked inside to buy bread.

 

Sumi looked at the bakery for a long time before she took a breath and walked inside. She recognized the young woman who gave her free coffee and bowed her head politely.

"Good morning." Sumi greeted her and the young woman smiled warmly.

"Good morning. Here to buy bread?" she asked curious cause Jonghyun was waving his hand.

"Ah... I'm here to eat breakfast." Sumi answered hesitantly and looked at Jonghyun who gave her one of his most charming smiles ever.

Hyesung saw this and nodded her head, bringing Sumi to the table Jonghyun was sitting at.

"I didn't know that you knew her, Jonghyun?" Hyesung asked the boy in the uniform who grinned happily.

"We're in the same class."

Hyesung nodded her head and already made the click that he went back to school to do this job and this job involved Sumi.

She just didn't know what though. What could this girl have asked Jonghyun to help her with?

 

The two sutdents were sitting across each other and eating slowly of the bread they bought.

Jonghyun was doing all the talking and Sumi? She just enjoyed him talking.

She didn't know since when she started to get used to his nonstop chatting, but it became something so normal now that she actually enjoyed what he talked about.

It was like he had no worry in the world and she envied this. He could talk about nothing and everything and this somehow had a calming effect on her.

She even found herself smiling at the joked Jonghyun tried to say, making her relax her body and mind.

Anyone would say Jonghyun was trying to get any attention from her and she was happy enough to give them to him. It wouldn't hurt anyone anyways, right?

 

Hyesung looked at Jonghyun and Sumi. This was the first time in such long time that she found herself seeing Jonghyun smile like that.

Smile like how he really does instead of those fake ones he always shot at women now.

Hyesung still went through it. The time where Jonghyun was Jonghyun.

She met him because she asked him for help once and in one or another way, they became friendly. And that friendship still continued.

And as a friend, an older sister figure, she find herself positively surprised by how Jonghyun was acting towards Sumi.

Could it be that something changed with Jonghyun?

She wondered but soon she was pulled out of her thoughts again as customers walked inside the bakery to buy bread.

 

 


 

Hope you liked this chapter! Please don't forget to subscribe and to comment ;D

Look forward for more :D