Enough!

Mr. Playboy and his Rose

 

Sumi's pov:

 

My hands went to my eyes as I rubbed them, tired and energyless.

"You look like a zombie." Mari said, it was with a playful voice, but I knew she was worried about, really worried.

"Walking corpse..." I laughed sarcastic as I placed my head on my desk, not feeling to do anything at all.

"Sumi... You're not sleeping well these days are you?"

"I think you've been telling me this for one month already." I snorted weak, a soft grumble leaving my pale lips.

"With a meaning! Sumi! Don't take me wrong, but as your best friend, I think I have to say that you look horrible."

"Well thank you.."

"Sumi, I'm being serious here. You look like you're going to faint any moment everyday! You have no energy and you only lock yourself up in the library,s tudy hall or in your own room. You're not texting or calling me anymore ever since Jonghyun left. I know your grades dropped and I know your parents are forcing you, but please. At least relax aruond me. It hurts to see you like this." Mari said desperate, tears in her eyes.

I fetl sorry for her.

But she didn't know.

The pressure I have and how my own parents lock me inside my own room to study.

"I'm sorry Mari..." I mumbled apologetic, finding mysel guilty for worrying her.

"Just... Just rest will you? If you keep giong like this, you'll end up sick. Your body can't follow those busy shedules anymore that you're trying to chase."

I hummed weakly and closed my eyes.

"At least you were smiling when Jonghyun was still here." Mari muttered, but I heard her clearly, my eyes snapping open as I stared in front of me.

Jonghyun...

"Mari-"

"No, Sumi. I know you like him and we obviously know he likes you too. For real, no lying, no faking, he likes you for real. I was angry too when we found out. When I knew he played with your feelings all because of that Woohyun bastard. But... But the more time passed, the more I think more calmly about the expressions he showed you, the way he smiled whenever you were near him or how he blushed subtly whenever he would stare at you."

Jonghyun... likes me for real...?

"I don't know if you'll believe me or not since I'm just a third party here... But in my eyes, he likes you. The real you, the girl who studies hard for tests, the girl who liked sweets and actually hates sappy romantic movies but instead preferes action and adventure movies. The girl who would smile whenever she saw something interesting or fun and the girl who isn't perfect, but lovely, the girl who is my best friend."

"You're being really cheesy." I laughed, making Mari groan and roll her eyes.

"Ya! I'm trying to be dramatic over here and you're ruining it. But really. Try calling him."

"He won't pick up."

I felt my heart sink just by the thought he would ignore my calls. He never called me to explain anymore. Even if I was angry, even ifI was pissed, he should have tried again later, but nothing. He didn't send any text, he didn't call, he just disappeared from my life all of a sudden, jsut like how he suddenly appeared in front of me.

"You don't know that if you haven't tried yet." Mari tried to reason, trying to knock some sense in me.

I... don't want to be disappointed...if he doesn't pick up.

That cellphone number might as well even be a fake number he used in this game he and Woohyun played.

"I don't ant to try it." I said honestly, followed by Mari's deep and disappointed sigh.

"Sumi, stop running away and stop hiding. You might not have notoiced it yourself but I saw it. I saw that you changed when Jonghyun came into your life. You started to smile more again. Ever since you were forced to dump Woohyun because your parents found out, you were so empty. You liked Woohyun before, but I think you love Jonghyun. You're shining everytime you are with him. You look alive."

"You're being overdramatic again." 

"No, I'm not." Mari said with a firm voice. "You dont' see it because you're in the picture. But if you're out of it, you can see it clearly. You enjoy being with him. You looked forward to seeing and meeting him and started to fall for him for real. I know he did something wrong and that what he did is very difficult to forgive, but you're lying if you're saying you don't want him to appear in front of you ever again. You know that is a big fat lie. You miss him."

"I have plastic flower?" I tried to lighten up the mood, but Mari glared at me.

"Use normal words, Sumi. But yes, you're lovesick. How many times are you not dreaming and drifting away? I don't have to be a fortune teller or mindreader to know that you're thinking of Jonghyun. And it's only worse because of the pressure an stress you get at home. Maybe... Maybe you should just move out already." Mari sighed, rubbing her forehead.

"I can't support myself." I smiled weakly, shifting my body a bit.

"Then come and live with me. You're hurting from not only Jonghyun's leave but also from your own parents. They're going too far for pushing you like this!"

I was startled by Mari's angry voice as she normally was always so bubbly and cheerful.

"It's been years already though like this." I sighed.

"That's those years too much. You're not a robot. How can they force their own daughter to study like a machine when you're supposed to have fun during our age? You're only once young. They're stealing away your chances of making wonderful memories. The only thing I'm thankful to them is that they made you break up with Woohyun so that you could meet Jonghyun."

"I'm used to it.."

"No, you're not. You can't get used to having so less sleep, not allowed to even go out of your room to take a bathroom break?! You can't be used to looking like a zombie, feeling unwell and for feeling used! You're just ignoring those emotions."

She's right...

There's o way I could get used to this.

Enough is enough.

But my parents don't know when to stop.

Ever since I started middle school, they forced me to be the best, to be number one in class and be number one at my grade and even in the entire school.

I'm not that smart!

I can't stare at a book, read it and memorize everything.

I have to put all my time in it and keeping adding my efforts to jsut be the best.

The look they everytime they give just because I don't live up to their expectation, it's awful to see those eyes that reflect disappointment and discontent.

There was no way fighting them.

I tried before, but all they did was give me silence treatment or scold me for not studying enough.

I automatically tried my best to excel in everything.

The studies that I actually feel suffocated by.

"I'll just have to survive till hgh school is over." I smiled at Mari who smiled back finally.

"Luckily that's not far away. Next week it's the school's ball and then the exams kick in. It's only two motnhs. Then you can get out of that house as you can get a part time job somewhere. With your level, you definitely can tutor someone and get money in easily."

"You make me sound like I'm superwoman." I chuckled, making Mari brighten.

"Smile, jsut don't forget to smile. Don't ever lose your smile, it's soo pretty to let it disappear."

I nodded as Mari hugged me tightly in her arms, rubbing my back.

She's the best friend ever... but it feels incomplete...

I wish... Jonghyun was here.

But my wish never came true before.

Will it this time be fulfilled?

 

 


 

Hope you liked this chapter!

It's a more heavy chapter with the pressure and stress Sumi has to go through because of her parents.

Don't forget to subscribe and comment! Don't be silent readers >__<

Look forward to next chapter, it will be the final chapter! :D