A date?

Mr. Playboy and his Rose

 

Jonghyun's pov:

 

Okay...

I did not, I repeat, NOT expect this...

Sumi smiled politely and looked away as I stared at her new hair style. She always had that long yet classic kind of style, but now, it was spiced up a bit? Well for her standards from what I observed these days.

It was a bit shorter and it was layered pretty well, complimenting her already existing beauty.

BUT!

That's not why I'm here standing like an owl, staring at my target with big eyes before it landed on another person.

"Hi, Jonghyun!" Mari smiled cheerfully, giving me a wave with her hand while Sumi fixed her coat a bit.

Since when did the date I planned become a group date? 

No, no... Let me rephrase it, why is there a third wheel here?!

Mari is a nice and pretty bubly girl, but seriously, I don't want her here now...

I facepalmed myself so hard in my head that I had to fight the urge to not bang my head against a stone wall or tell Mari faltly yet honestly to freaking leave me and Sumi alone.

I grumbled softly under my breath and tried to not let my smile disappear.

Not that it could easily be broken, I mean, my job is my life.

"Hi, Mari. Hi Sumi." I greeted the two friends, but looked at my target all the time.

Maybe like this, Mari will get it and leave us alone...

"So, what are we going to do today?" Mari asked curiously, giving Sumi a glance that made Sumi replace her troubled expression with a small frown.

Why was she looking so troubled. It can't be that this date if troubling her or making her uncomfortable, right...?

"I was thinking about a movie." I suggested and gave the two girls a charming smile.

Sumi looked at me before she nodded her head slowly.

Doesn't she like movies? I remember Woohyun telling me that his ex-girlfriend enjoyed watching a movie with him when they were still in a relationship.

Did it change?

"Oh, sounds great!" Mari grinned as bubbly as ever and linked arms with Sumi while waiting for me to lead the way to the movie theater.

 

"A romantic comedy?" I asked the two ladies that were just following me obediently while chatting among themselves. Well it was more Mari talking and Sumi listening and reacting on those words, but hey I count that as a kind of a conversation.

And the main point is, they didn't leave me a little space to join their conversation.

Sumi stared at the board with the movie I was pointing at, stared and then looked at Mari.

"Sure." Mari smiled.

Does Sumi even take decisions...?

Unsure and hesitantly, I went to by three tickets and gave one to each of them.

"Popcorn!" Mari cheered as we walked to the food.

"Sweet." both Mari and Sumi chuckled together.

I noticed Sumi was more comfortable and more on ease when I wasn't near her too much.

So she's the -I don't know you but if I do, I'll open to you little by little-, type?

Note to myself, she likes sweet popcorn instead of those salty ones.

"Are you okay with the sweet kind." Sumi asked me thoughtfully as she noticed I didn't talk much anymore.

I just gave her a nod and grabbed another bucket with sweet popcorn, a bag with colored marshmallows and a small bag with candy.

"What do you ladies want to drink?" I asked after I placed everything on the counter for the young man behind it to already charge for it.

"A coke for both of us." Sumi answered this time as I nodded.

"Three cokes too please." I told the young man who nodded and quickly went to fill three carton large cups with coke and ice cubes.

After finally ready with buying everything, we searched for the seats we got and sat down.

 

I wasn't even paying attention to the movie and I noticed that Sumi wasn't paying attention either. She was looking at the big screen but she had almost no emotion at all when looking.

Yeah... looking but not watching.

Sumi was zoning out but her friend was too immersed in the movie to notice. Even when the on the screen the male lead suddenly gave the woman a sudden kiss, did she not react.

Was she sleeping with her eyes open now?

The lights went back on as the ending credits played, replaying the song where the couple kissed each other.

Sumi blinked, looked around and sighed softly, but I noticed it.

After all, I'm observing whatever I can to make her fall for me. That's the job I'm doing and that's the thing Woohyun asked me to do.

To take revenge.

But really...

What revenge game?

In the end this will only end up in a rotating wheel and it won't stop till someone really breaks.

"That was a pretty good movie, right?" I asked, not even knowing what it was about.

Sumi just hummed as Mari nodded her head furiously.

"It was so romantic when that guy waited in the rain and kissed her." Mari squealed, making me chuckly softly.

Such a bright and cheerful girl. She looks like the type to easily fall for the romantic type.

 

*******

 

Sumi's pov:

 

It was boring.

The movie was really, but I mean really boring.

I don't like these kinds of movies. 

Mari loves these things that are so... uncomfortable to watch that I automatically zoned out.

I was pulling myself back into my own little world.

 

---

 

"I'm home."

"Where have you been?" mom asked as she walked to the door, staring at me as I took of my coat and changed to my slippers for home.

"Did you cut your hair?" she asked surprised.

I looked at mom and nodded my head slowly.

"You went out to cut your hair when you could have been studying. What a waste of time. I thought you went to the library." mom said unsatisfied.

I bowed my head and apologized.

"I'm sorry. I'll study now."

"Really, what were you thinking. You have tests coming up and you're going out to get a haircut. Go upstairs and study. I'll bring the food upstairs so you can eat and study at the same time." she said in a stern tone and walked away, leaving me alone in the hallway, looking at her back.

A sigh left my lips as I started to climb my stairs.

It's just a haircut.. If she would pay attention to me then she would have noticed that my hair needed the cut.

Maybe I shouldn't have gone. I could have done it at home with my own scissors...

 

 

 

 


 

Hope you liked this chapter!

Please don't forget to subscribe and to comment!

Look forward for more and if you like please also upvote, thank you ^^

 

NEWS:

SM the ballad came out with video teasers!! :D

OMG Can I please just say that I love Jonghyun and Taeyeon's voices harmonizing together? <3

And surprised, Krystal and Chen's voices compliment each other really well :D

It's a rotating system kinda as it has 3 versions. The korean, chinese and japanese one.

Breath in Korean is sung by Jonghyun and Taeyeon, in Japanese it's sung byChangmin and Krystal and in the Chinese version sung by Chen and ZLY :D

 

Can't wait to see the live performances, so exited! not the orignal line-up and have no idea what happend to Jino, but I'm giving this line-up a chance. It's already promosing :D