Date at the School Festival?

Mr. Playboy and his Rose

 

Jonghyun's pov:

 

"Ready to make him jealous?" I asked with a grin playing on my lips as I turned my head to my customer.

"Y-yes..." the girl said a bit nervous, making me chuckle softly.

"Dont worry, Jiwon. You'll be fine." I tried to make her relaxe a bit as she gave me a small smile, still nervous though.

"I hope he'll even notice me..." jiwon said a bit sadly and I patted her shoulders lightly, ebfore giving her a bright smile.

"Come on. Think positively." I pumped my fist in the air before I gave her my arm, hers hooking with mine as we walked inside the school.

It's foreign to me, event hough I started going to school again and many things looked the same, it was all foreign.

"There he is." Jiwon whispered, pulling me out of my thoughts as I followed her gaze, landing on a pretty average guy. Well, maybe not average, a bit more than that, but I wouldn't label him as good looking. He's just your average guy and random boy. Though he did have something that makes you look at him.

"Just act naturally. You don't even have to think I'm doing this for you. We're friends." I whispered to jiwon, who nodded and started to relax.

Since we already spotted the guy, we decided to first enjoy ourselves.

I lead Jiwon to a ball throwing booth and asked her what she wanted to have.

"You're going to win something for me?" she asked surprised and had a big wide smile on her face as I nodded, giving her a small wink.

"That baby blue bear." Jiwon beamed, pointing to a little cute teddy bear with a huge ribbon.

"Well, let's try to get that." I grinned as I paid for the money and got three balls for me to throw all the cans off the board.

Closing one eye and moving my left arm up, I threw it with a lot of strength, more than half of the cans falling on the ground.

"Wow!" Jiwon cheered as she looked at me and teh cans, guessing if I could win her the teddy bear or not.

"I'll win." I said, already knowing I would and when I ended my phrase, I targetted the cans and threw again, making everything fall off.

The male student who was standing there, looked with his jaw open at me and then at the cans.

"We have a winner!" he yelled loudly, making people around look at us and clap their hands if they weren't too lazy.

"What would you like to have? You can choose anything." 

"The blue teddy bear." I smiled, pointing at the plush toy.

"Here you, enjoy your day." he said lively, making me nod and give the plushie to Jiwon who looked at it with twinkling eyes.

"You like it?" I asked as we started to walk again.

"Yes. I really love bears." she said shyly, but she squeezed the bear tightly, like it was something really precious to her, even though a stranger like me won it for her.

"Let's go eat something."

Jiwon nodded as she kept looking at the bear. It was pretty cute how devoted she was to a plushie.

We stopped in front of another stand, the delicious smell already coming our way. It was only when she looked away from her teddy bear that she noticed we were standing in front her crush.

"How can I help you?" he asked after glancing at Jiwon and then back at me.

"Jiwon, what would you like to eat?" I asked with a smile playing on my lips as she looked at me, her body tensing up a bit again.

She must be nervous, but she's blushing.

"Euh....Euhm... I...."

I chuckled softly, patting her head lightly.

"Spicy rice cakes?" I asked.

She was about to nod when her crush said something that made me smile mentally.

"Jiwon can't eat spicy things."

My customer was so surprised by this as she probably thought her crush didn't even know that fact.

"Oh, Jiwon, you can't eat spicy food?" I asked, faking it a bit.

Jiwon cracked a small smile and shook her head, her bangs falling over her eyes. I quickly burhed her bangs, making them sit good again before pouting a bit.

"Then what would you like to eat?"  I smiled.

There wasn't any answer coming from her, so I decided to do it differntly.

"What's your recommendation? Jiwon probably can't choose because there's too many things." I grinned and looked at her crush who cleared his throat and pointed his finger to the board with the menu written on it with colorful chalk.

"Stir fry noodles."

Jiwon smiled when her crush said this, making me smirk a little.

"Then two stir fry noodles please." I asked.

The guy nodded his head and took two plastic boxes, filling it with hot and delicious looking stir fry noodles.

"It looks so tasty." Jiwon whispered excited, her eyes not moving away from the food.

"You like this?" I asked.

"Stir fry noodles is one of my favorite dishes." she answered without even realizing the hints that were given.

"You don't have to help, Jiwon?" he suddenly asked as he placed wooden chopsticks ont he boxes and gave them to me.

"Later." she answered with a blush visible on her cheeks.

"The fishing booth, right?" he asked.

"Ah, yes..." Jiwon smiled.

"Good luck. Maybe I'll visit when the shifts change."

Jiwon nodded, too shocked to even answer, so I thanked the student and pulled her away so that we could eat and discuss what she maybe not have realized yet.

 

"It' so tasty!" jiwon beamed as she ate more of the noodles.

"jiwon ah..."

"Hmm?"

"I think you should just confess your feelings."

Jiwon almost choked on her food and I helped her pat her back, giving her a worried look.

"W-what?"

"Confess." I smiled. "Trust me. Your crush is just trying to make you believe what you think. I can see it. He likes you."

Jiwon blushed madly and stopepd eating, moving her hands together in a nervous tick.

"H-how do you k-know..?"

"He tries to get your attention, he knows you can't eat spicy and like stir fry noodles. And not only that, he kept glancing at you and he also blushed. And what you may not have seen, he was jealous because I was next to you. And oh, he'll visit you alter, right? That's to make sure you'll wait for him to come at your stand and not leave before he went there."

Jiwon frowned, but her cheeks only got redder and redder.

"Y-you really think so?"

"I know so." I laughed, making her blush even more if it was possible and smile brightly.

 

---

 

I gave Jiwon some courage to go and talk with her crush.  Before I left though, I gave her some advice and left, back to my appartment.

"Jonghyun?"

I froze as I recognized Sumi's voice and turned my head slowly, trying to look neutral.

"Oh, Sumi?" I smiled a bit as she walked over to me.

"What are you doing? Why did you come out from that school?" she asked curiously and pointed at the gate I just left.

She saw?

Did she see Jiwon though?

"A friend of mine begged me to come, that's why." I lied.

Sumi nodded her head slowly and looked at me as silence took over before I tried to break it, a bit uncomfortable by it.

"And you?" I asked.

"I'm on my way home after eating with Mari." she answered and she kept looking at me with unreadable eyes.

Why was she looking at me like that though?

"Was that your girlfriend?"

Damn...

 


 

Hope you liked this chapter!

Please don't forget to subscribe and to comment and upvote :D

Look forward for more ^^

I'm getting busy again, so my updates will be slower.