Chapter 13

The Story Of Us(Gary and Jihyo)

They were in Gary's car on the way to Jihyo's house. Usually they would be chatty and talk a lot. But today was different - - - there was not a single sound except the sound of the engine as they moved. Gary was the one who usually started the topic. 

[Jihyo] 

The engine sounds louder than usual today...

"Oppa, something is wrong with you today... Tell me. What happened? Jihyo asked worriedly.

The car suddenly jerked. Jihyo almost knocked her head but Gary was ignoring her. Usually he would place his hand to prevent Jihyo from hurting herself. Today was a total different situation. 

Gary stopped his car. They had arrived at Jihyo's house. 

"Jihyo ah, I'll see you again. Goodbye." Gary said flatly.

"Gary oppa... Did I do anything wrong? Why must you ignore me? If I had done anything wrong, just say it!" Jihyo held back her tears.

"Aniya... It's just that... I'm angry with HaHa." Gary did not want to reveal the real reason but could not hide his feelings.

However, Jihyo, being his girlfriend, knows him too well. He couldn't lie to her.

"Oppa... Just tell me the truth. I know it's something else. And why were you so angry at HaHa oppa just now? You are usually not like that, violent and rash to do things." Jihyo said, trying to soothe Gary.

"Jihyo ah... Okay I was worrying about something else just now, other than our relationship being kept a secret. It's just that...haih~ never mind..." Gary hesistated to say. 

Jihyo looked at Gary. Her eyes communicating with his, begging him to tell the truth.

"What if...what if... We weren't meant for each other?"

"Oppa, what are you talking about? Fate does not bring a couple closer but the feelings inside of them. As long as we love each other, that's all we'll need. What makes you think that way oppa?" Jihyo said, still trying to soothe Gary.

"I saw that Jongkook Hyung knows everything you like and he always get it..." Gary blurted out. Jihyo was disappointed with what he said.

"Oppa... He doesn't have my heart, but you have it. I love you, Kang Gary."

"But I feel that he understands you more! And maybe you also like him since his image already existed in your mind since the Family Outing days!" Gary said feeling frustrated.

By now Jihyo was already angry with Gary for thinking that way.

"Yes. His image had existed in my mind before you. I like him, you happy now?!" Jihyo's tears threatened to fall but she held them back. She opened the car door and slammed it hard and walked towards her house. A few drops of tears fell from her eyes.

[Jihyo]

I shouldn't be crying. I must stay strong. You're the ace, Cheon Seung Im.

Gary, in his car, thought about what Jihyo had said. He knew she didn't mean it since she added 'you happy now?!' at the back of her sentence.  He kept fretting about it. He was afraid that Jihyo would want to break up with him after this incident. 

The thought of Jihyo breaking up with Gary and getting together with Jongkook played in Gary's mind.

[Gary] 

I can't let that happen. *sees phone screen with a picture of Gary and Jihyo* I must have faith in us... But the problem is, how? Should I go up? Will she let me in? 

Gary was battling with himself when his phone rang. A message came in. It was from Jihyo. 

"Oppa, mianhae..."

Gary saw this message and it got him back to reality. While wondering why Jihyo had said sorry, Jihyo was at her house, sitting at the corner of her bedroom, looking at her picture with Gary. She still held back her tears. For them, she had to be strong. 


Meanwhile... 

[Gary] 

Did she say sorry because she wants to break up with me? Or does she want to do something silly to herself? No. No! I can't let her do that! I must go up now! 

Gary got out of his car, locked the car doors and ran towards the lift. Leading to Jihyo's house. 

"Aish, at this time seriously? Why must the lift be at the last story?" 

That's right. The last story. The 22nd story. Gary decided to climb the stairs to Jihyo's house on the 10th story. 

He ran and ran. Although feeling tired and had fell from the steps and injured his knee, his mind was all about Jihyo, worrying about her. Afraid that she'll injure herself. After what had seemed like an eternity, he finally arrived at Jihyo's house. He knocked on her door, panting. 

"Jihyo yah... Open the door! Hurry!" Gary said in between pants.

Silence.

"Jihyo, don't scare oppa!" 

"Go away!" Jihyo was at the door.

"Please Jihyo yah. I'm begging you! Open up!" Gary begged. 

Jihyo was behind the door, debating with herself in her mind if she should open the door and let Gary in. Part of her wanted to let Gary in, see how he was doing and hug him. The other part of her just wanted him to go away. But she knew that if she rejected Gary, he would still persist and keep making noise and that will disturb her neighbours. 

Gary was still knocking on Jihyo's door. Jihyo then opened her door. But before she could say a single word, Gary had pulled her into an embrace. Jihyo was shocked at first but used her hand and placed it on Gary's chest, trying to push him away, but Gary was too strong for her.

"Jihyo yah... Don't scare me like that again. I'm sorry for not trusting you. I'm really sorry... Please forgive me, Jihyo yah..." Gary begged and buried his face in Jihyo's hair.

Hearing those words made Jihyo stop struggling. She was so touched by Gary's words. She accepted his hug by placing her arms on his back and hugged him back. Those tears that she has been holding back for a very long time finally dropped out. She cried on Gary's chest loudly and hardly that she had wet his shirt.

Gary also cried a little. He did not want Jihyo to cry. Seeing her cry breaks his heart.

"Alright yeobo... Stop crying..." Gary said while wiping the leftover tears off Jihyo's cheeks after they broke off from the hug.

"Speak for yourself! You're also crying, my silly Gary!" Jihyo wiped off Gary's tears as well.

Gary suddenly kneeled down on both of his knees in front of Jihyo, making Jihyo stunned.

"Jagiya, what are you doing?" Jihyo said in shock trying to pull Gary up back on his feet.

"Jihyo, will you forgive me for my fatal mistake I made just now? For not trusting you? I'm really sorry..." Gary felt sorry for what he had done just now.

"Oppa, I forgive you! Now get up!" Jihyo said, touched by Gary's words and actions. She cried and hugged Gary. 

"Pabo! Of course I forgive you! You don't have to go to that extent,oppa." Jihyo said. 

"From now onwards, I, Kang Gary, promise to trust you and believe you, Song Jihyo. I will get the truth before blaming anyone. I swear... If I break this promise I will..." Jihyo stopped him by placing her palm on Gary's lips.

"Jagiya, don't curse yourself!" Jihyo said shaking her head vigorously. 

"Arraseo, Song Ji Hyo." Gary said and pinched Jihyo's nose.

"Ahhhhh!!! Jagiyaaaa! Neomu appo...(It's hurts a lot...)" Jihyo said while screaming.

Gary stopped pinching her nose and Jihyo immediately rubbed her nose. 

"Awwww... Sorry my baby! Forgive me?" Gary said and made a face to act pitiful. Jihyo chuckled when she saw that face. 

Jihyo came closer to Gary, their faces only a few centimeters away from each other. Gary also came closer to Jihyo, leaving no gaps in between them. Gary held Jihyo's waist and Jihyo wrapped her arms around Gary's neck. They both kissed each other passionately for a few good minutes before breaking off. 

"Gomawo, Jihyo yah." 

"Gomawo, Gary oppa. Do you want something to drink?" Jihyo asked. 

"I'll go do it, yeobo. What do you want to drink?" 

"Anything that oppa makes is awesome! Because it's filled with love..." Jihyo said with aegyo. 

"Aigoo yah... My baby is so cute that I wanna pinch those cheeks now!" Gary said and moved closer to Jihyo. 

"Andwaeeee!!! Oppa you know your pinches hurt!" Jihyo said while covering her cheeks with her palms. Gary laughed and stood up. 

Immediately after he stood up, he groaned and almost fall backwards. But luckily Jihyo was there and managed to hold him to help him keep his balance. 

Now Gary could feel the pain. He couldn't feel it just now because he was too worried about Jihyo. 

"Jagiya what happened?" Jihyo asks in worry. She looks all around Gary to see what injuries he had. She then lifted up his three quarter pants and saw blood and scraped skin. 

"Ahhhh! Oppa! What happened? Where did you get this injury? During filming?" Jihyo bombards Gary with tons of questions. 

"Ahh Mong Ji yah, Mong Ji. Chimchakhae!(calm down!) This injury is nothing serious so don't worry! I'll go make the drink that you want now! Sit down here and wait for your drink filled with love from me!" Gary said as he tried to move while bearing the pain. But then Jihyo pushed him onto the couch. 

"Sit here and wait for me! No moving about!" Jihyo pouted.

"Aishhh, Jihyo ah. It's not a serious injury! After all a man must have some injuries to look like a real man!" Gary said. 

"You still have time to joke around?! A real man listens to his girlfriend!" Jihyo huffed.

Jihyo went to one of her cupboards and took the first-aid kit, leaving Gary sitting on the couch, laughing.

"Come, Jihyo yah. Let me do it on my own." Gary reached his hands out and tried to take the first-aid kit from Jihyo. But Jihyo just pulled her hands away with the first-aid kit box in her hands.

"No! I'll do it for you! Sit still! You're like a baby now, and I'm your mother. Sit!" Jihyo flared up. 

"So I should call you...ahhhh!!! Jihyo yah are you trying to kill me?" Gary's words were cut off when Jihyo had placed the cotton pad with the ointment on Gary's knee. 

"Bear with it, darling. It will hurt only a little. This ointment will disinfect your wound." Jihyo comforted Gary.

Gary smiled and continued bearing with the pain by trying not to scream out but his face was just so funny while he tried to hold it in. Jihyo looked at him and laughed out loud.

"What? What's so funny?" Gary said, confused.

"My face is funny? YAH SONG JIHYO! Don't you love me?" Gary acts pitiful again. 

"Ahh yes, yes. Saranghanda Gary oppa! I'll put this first-aid kit back now. Sit down and wait for me!" Jihyo ordered.

Gary then pulled her waist towards him as Jihyo tried to walk away. Jihyo landed her head on his chest while they lay down on the couch.

"Ahhh oppa!" Jihyo grumbled and tried to break free from Gary's embrace.

"Stay like this with me. Don't leave..." Gary whispered in her ear romantically. 

Hearing those words already melted Jihyo's heart. She dropped the first-aid kit and lay on the couch with Gary in that position. They both closed their eyes and soon fell asleep.


A/N: HELLO READERS!!! ^^ Sorry for the late update! Happy New Year to all! Hope I'm not late! Happy 2014 ahead~~ I'm gonna be busy as school has started... But I'll still update :D enjoy my story! Comment, suscribe and upvo