Chapter 9

The Story Of Us(Gary and Jihyo)

Gary woke up to find out that someone was lying on his chest and sleeping.

There was Jihyo, sleeping with a smile on her face. 

[Gary]

How can she still look so pretty and cute even when sleeping? I better not disturb her......

Gary lifted Jihyo up slightly and proceeded to go to the bathroom for a shower. He suddenly felt Jihyo grabbing onto his hand.

"Jagiyaaaa, you're awake? Why didn't you wake me up as well?"Jihyo let out a big yawn.

"Look at you! You're so tired! And you slept so peacefully. How can I bear to see my baby so tired?" Gary said, chuckling.

Jihyo spread her arms out wide, gesturing to be carried by Gary. Gary saw that his yeobo was so cute and relented to her request. 

After taking their showers, Gary and Jihyo ate a light breakfast.

"Yeobo, we need to go to Running Man office. We have to arrive there at 10am. Now it's 8am. We need to leave at 9am from here." 

"What for? It's not filming day today right? It's only Thursday!" Jihyo asked dazedly.

"Aigoo yah, you're really Miss Mong you know? Remember PD nim said that we are gonna meet the guests for episode 162 of filming? And to prepare something for the show?"  

"Oh yes! Oh my, if you were not here, I would have forgotten!" Gary and Jihyo both laughed. Soon after, they made their way to SBS, where the Running Man office was.

 


When they arrived at the office, all other members were there except for them. The casts were so shocked that they came together.

"It seems like our Monday Couple is dating!" Jaesuk said. The other members laughed. The two blushed. The matter was soon forgotten about but Jaesuk knew that something was going on between Gary and Jihyo but was not confirmed about it.

"PD nim, what are we here for today? It can't be a spy mission that I've always wanted to be since everyone's here! There are also no cameras rolling so I'm sure we aren't filming today." Kwangsoo asked. Everyone started saying that he wasn't fit to be a spy. 

"Ok Running Men! Stop fighting! Today we are here to meet the guests for the filiming of episode 162. The theme of the episode is 'Lord of the idols'. Everyone of you will be separated teaming up with two idols. All other Running Men were happy except for Gary and Jihyo. They hated to be separated but they told themselves that they had to be professional for the show. 

The PD led them towards a practice room in SBS. Waiting inside were 14 idols. They greeted each other immediately. 

"This item is a dance item. Since they are all singers and dancers, the opening of the show will start of with dances. I will announce the teams now. Yoo Jaesuk-ssi, you'll be in a team with Girls' Day members, Mina-ssi and Yura-ssi. Kim Jongkook-ssi, you'll be in a team with SISTAR's members, Hyorin-ssi and Dasom-ssi. HaHa-ssi, you'll be in a team with Infinite's members, L-ssi and Sungkyu-ssi. Lee Kwangsoo-ssi, you'll be in a team with MBLAQ's members, Joon-ssi and Seungho-ssi. Ji Sukjin-ssi, you'll be in a team with 2PM's members, Chansung-ssi and Wooyoung-ssi. Gary-ssi, you'll be in a team with A Pink's members, Naeun-ssi and Eunji-ssi. Lastly Jihyo-ssi, you'll be in a team with BEAST's members, Gikwang-ssi and Doojoon-ssi. You may start preparing your dance item now. You have until filming day to practice for this."

As soon as they started,Gary started interacting with his team members, laughing and chatting happily. Jihyo could not help but feel jealous. She decided not to let the matter bother her and continue with the dance item. However Jihyo still frowned at the thought of Gary getting along well with his group members even though it was his first time meeting them. 

The Running Men were all learning new dance steps from their idol teammates.

"Yah! Song Jihyo! Seems like you don't have to stick with your 'Hot Issue' dance for the rest of your life!" HaHa joked.

Everyone laughed. Suddenly Eunji accidentally slipped. Gary saw that and immediately grabbed her by the waist to prevent her from falling. Jihyo could not control it anymore.

"YAH! KANG GARY ARE YOU HERE TO DATE OR TO PRACTICE DANCING?!" Jihyo burst out in anger.

"Aniya!" Gary objected.

[Gary] 

Oh no, someone's angry with me......


During break time, Jihyo didn't feel like eating her lunch. Gary felt that something was wrong. Jihyo went somewhere far from where the members were eating. 

Gary searched for Jihyo and finally found her. She was standing by the window of the practice room, venting her frustration. 

"Yeobo, why? Are you jealous of the A Pink members? And me?" Gary back hugged Jihyo and said to her.

Silence. 

"Yeobo?" 

"I'm not jealous." Jihyo said angrily.

"But you sound jealous. Don't worry yeobo, my heart only has place for you." Gary comforted.

Jihyo was still angry. She broke herself free from Gary's embrace and walked away. But Gary grabbed her by the wrist.

"I'm sorry if I did anything wrong. You can hit me or scold me. Whatever that makes you happy again."

"Pabo! Jagiya, I don't wanna see you injured. But I just can't help feeling jealous because you're so close with the A Pink members. It's..."

Jihyo's words got cut off by Gary as he kissed her lips, making her blush. 

"Ok. I will not be angry now. Promise me not to get too close to them!" Jihyo said.


The day has finally arrived and the dance the members prepared was the opening. First up was HaHa, then Gary with his funny dance, then Jihyo. HaHa teased Jihyo by singing the chorus of Hot Issue while she was dancing to BEAST's Fiction.

"Meori buteo palkkeutkkajji Hot Issue!" HaHa sang. 

Jihyo ignored him but Gary was angry with him for disturbing his girlfriend. He gestured HaHa to keep quiet. 

[HaHa]

This hyung is really in love...

The episode ended with Jihyo and BEAST's Gikwang and Doojoon winning a gold trophy.