004

Simple Love [ EDITING ]

"I- I, uhh." Yeon Ae stuttered. What in the world!? 

Chen looked at her, questioning if he was doing the right thing but knowing he would burst if he didn't do this sooner, he decided to move along with it. Even if he didn't even know the girl's feelings.

Lay just sat there, expressionless. He was having an internal conflict with himself, thinking if he should go for his happiness or Chen's. Since he's always so kind and caring, he decided to TRY and let go of Yeon Ae.

He lightly poked Yeon Ae's arm to get her out of her daze. 

Chen walked forward to gently grab Yeon Ae's arm and mouthed 'Thank you' to his hyung and walked out of the room to a more private place.

Lay was left alone, he sighed inwardly and wondered if he was doing the right thing.
 


"Sorry.." Chen said, once they were outside in the backyard on the swings.

Yeon Ae's face was red, and she wasn't sure what to do actually.

Her mind says yes but her heart, for some reason, says no. Thinking her brain is smarter than her heart, she knows what she has to do.

Slowly but surely, she turns to look at Chen, seeing that he's looking up to the sky, noticing that it was getting dark was going to tell Yeon Ae that she should not worry about what he said and go home when he looked over and saw her staring at him.

Yeon Ae was startled to meet eyes with Chen but she just had to get it over with.

"Yes."
 


Lay entered the living room with his usual blank face, even though he felt like he was slowly breaking down inside. How does this girl manage to make me feel this way? 

Even though BaekYeol knew of Chen's feelings, they weren't so sure about Lay's since the latter always had a blank face on no matter what.

They (excluding Yeon Ae and Chen) were all gather around in the living room, watching a movie. 

Soomi and Kai seemed to be cuddling. BaekYeol shared the couch with their legs spreaded everywhere. Then the others sat on the floor. Good thing the floor was carpet instead of tile.

After a while, Chen and Yeon Ae walks into the living room with their hands intertwined, Chen's head held high while Yeon Ae shyly puts her head down.

BaekYeol notices them first and does agyeo to represent the cute, new couple while Soomi and Kai look at each other, questioning each other.



"You did it, man!" Chanyeol yells, catching the attention of the other members. They all turn to see the YeonChen(?) couple and they widen their eyes in shock.

Lay bitterly smiles but throws a thumbs up at Chen.

Chen lets go of Yeon Ae's hand to do a shooting gun gesture as to say, 'Thanks guys!' 



Then he quickly wraps his arm around Yeon Ae's shoulder and told the BaekYeol duo to sit up right and scoot over for him and Yeon Ae.

They gladly obliged, winking at them while doing so.

Yeon Ae throws a glance at Soomi and sees that Soomi and Kai are (still) looking at each other, questionly and decides to talk to her later.


During the movie, Yeon Ae's eyes were getting heavy by the minute. Chen noticed and lightly squeezed her hand.

"It's okay to sleep. Tomorrow's the weekend anyways." Chen whispered closely into Yeon Ae's ear.

She feels a tingle inside her stomach since she now noticed their closeness and finally went to sleep.

Chen smiles to himself then guides Yeon Ae's head to lay on his shoulder with one hand, the other still holding hers.

Lay, who witness the whole thing, feels bad and wants to get out of the room in anyway possible.

He nudges Xiumin since he's the one closest to him and tells him that he's going to sleep early. Xiumin nods and lets the boy leave.
 


a/n:
lmao hi.
idk what this chapter was.

i feel like it was filler of some sort. but yeah.
YAY NEWBORN COUPLE.
btw, i have no idea what to call them omg.
YeonChen, ChenYeon idk man.
but LOL as you can see, i am obsessed with BaekYeol ok

on a diff note, i realize that i write short chapters.
though this fic might lead up to 15-20 chaps?
not sure but yeah. i do have other stories though
but i'd rather finish this one first before doing another.
okay this a/n is getting long. i'm stopping
WARNING: double update, maybe?? :D