011

Simple Love [ EDITING ]

"So.." 

Chen & Yeon Ae both awkwardly start.

"You can start." Yeon Ae says.

"No, no. Ladies first." Chen said, smiling goofily.

Yeon Ae scoffs, shaking her head at his childishness.

"Okay, well. I hated how Xi-- I mean, Lay just dragged us like ragdolls and brought us here to talk. But I guess we would've never started talking again if it wasn't for him."

Chen frowned at Lay's nickname.

But quickly removed it from his mind.

"You continuing or am I gonna start?" Chen said with a tilt of his head.

Yeon Ae hesitated for a bit before speaking.

"I'll just continue."

Chen nodded.

"I don't like being in a relationship where we're awkward and don't even TRY to talk to each other."

"Same." Chen nodded.

Yeon Ae gave him a look saying, "interrupt me again, see what happens."

Chen smirked.

"So anyways, there's that. But also, you miss the most important dates there are in a relationship, you flirt and play with other girls and if you were here last year, you would've known how much I hate that and I could've dumped you at that moment when you eyed Junmi but I gave you a chance. I gave you more than two chances, Chen. And you failed me every single time. But when you came to my house that one day. And did.. THAT. I didn't know what to think anymore. Like.. Was this just all a game to you? My feelings? My chances that you didn't even know? Us? We were barely a thing because all we did was argue and have fights recently. I'm done with all of that but I want to listen to what you say."

Yeon Ae finishes, crossing her arms together and laying back in the chair, heaving a long sigh.

Chen frowned, his heart hurt a bit.

He really was a . But it was his nature. This was the one year where he could do anything he wanted. He wanted to try different things before things started to change. Being in a relationship with Yeon Ae was really, the best thing ever. Maybe it's nearing the end.

"How did you feel about the kiss..?" Chen asked, looking down.

Yeon Ae widened her eyes.

"Um. It was okay. Just the regular flutters and butterflies." Yeon Ae said unsurely. She had her first kiss before and it was in Elementary school with the school's popular cold prince, Kim Myungsoo.

She was grabbing a book from a tall shelf and when she got it, she turned really fast, and her lips were on his in a split second.

She wouldn't have said that was her first kiss but the kid couldn't shut his mouth after that saying,

"Yeon Ae stole my first kiss! Yeon Ae stole my first kiss!"

She swore the kid has liked her since 3rd grade and that was in 5th grade.

Chen looked at Yeon Ae

"And how was me saying 'I love you' to you?" 

Yeon Ae flushed and her heartbeat skipped.

"Uh. It was sweet I liked it. But Chen..."

"I don't think this is gonna work out."

They both said at the same time.

Their eyes widened.

"Really?!"

They said at that same time again.

Both sighed a sigh of relief.

"You know when couples don't talk to each other for a long time, they miss each other but I felt like we were just really good best friend who got into a fight."

Yeon Ae said & Chen couldn't have agreed even more.

They chatted more and more like best friends and they couldn't be even happier.

Soeun pushed her sunglasses down a bit and sipped her coffee.

"What do you think they're talking about?"

Heejun laughed,

"Probably choosing the color theme for their wedding. Doves or chimes?"

Soeun slapped Heejun.

"You dummy, they're not together anymore, can't you tell?" Soeun sighed in disbelief.

"But then why are they so happy and acting like best friends?" Heejun stupidily asked.

"What? Boys and girls can't be best friends? Tsk." Soeun scoffed and got up to Chen's and Yeon Ae's table.

"I'd guess we're done now?" Soeun smiled teasingly.

Chen smirked and gave Soeun a once-over.

Yeon Ae only rolled her eyes, feeling just a tinge jealously but it was gone in a blink of an eye.

Soeun and Heejun lead the way back to school while Chen and Yeon Ae chit chat in the back.

They were walking in a comfortable silence before Chen stopped, making Yeon Ae stop.

"Chen? What are you--"

"Goodbye kiss?" He asked, tilting his head a bit.

Yeon Ae stared at him weirdly.

"Just a goodbye kiss, come on, Yeon."

She rolled her eyes and leaned forward, holding his shoulders.

Chen cupped her face like he did before and placed his lips over hers for three seconds.

They felt nothing when they pulled apart and started laughing because it was strange.

Chen held out his hand as a friendly gesture and Yeon Ae held it.

They skipped back to school, catching up to Soeun and Heejun.

Little did they know, someone was looking from the rooftop, his heart breaking even more.

 


a/n: sorta sad ending for this chappie but i updated like three times in honor of Zhang Yixing, Prince of Changsa's birthday. C; I was gonna write a whole paragraph for him on my instagram but I got lazy. LOL. If y'all didn't know, my instagram is @trishwhen and I do follow back if you guys wanna follow. That's it for now, love you guys! & thank you!

edit: i didnt even post this til months after his bday ;; so srry