013

Simple Love [ EDITING ]

The next day, Yeon Ae stood in front of her mirror and gripped the hem of her shirt.

Her cheeks flushed, thinking about the incident yesterday, but then she frowned, remembering what happened afterwards.

She sighed and finally left the house to go to school.

She met up with Soomi, whom she haven't caught up with in a while.

"Soomi, let's talk." She said, holding her friend's wrist.

Soomi smiled at her and nodded,

The two girls did need to patch up the emptiness they had.

They talked and walked to class together and decided to hang out the next day after school and ran to class before they were late.

Yeon Ae arrived in class right before the bell rang and her teacher excused her to her desk.

She glanced at Chen to see him sleeping once again and Junmi smiling gently at her.

She returned the smile and walked nervously to her desk.

She saw Lay, resting his head on the desk, having this "don't bother me" aura around him.

She gulped and sat down next to him.

The whole class she tried her best to ignore the thumping of her heart and focused on the teacher.

She almost fell asleep after putting her head down also but the bell rang and she looked up to find Lay gone and Junmi in front of her with worried eyes.

Chen sleepily rubbing his eyes but gradually making his way towards her.

"Do you know what's up with Lay hyung?" Chen yawned.

Yeon Ae sadly laughed,

"Shouldn't you know? You live with him." Yeon Ae replied, gathering her stuff.

Chen rubbed his eyes harshly, trying to get the sleepiness away,

"He didn't come home yesterday."

Yeon Ae's head shot up and she looked at Chen.

"What?"

What do you mean he didn't come home?

Chen shrugged and tugged at her wrist, wanting to fill his empty stomach.

"He didn't come home. Oh, how's your knee though?"

Yeon Ae looked down at her knee, she totally forgot all about it since it really didn't hurt that much anymore.

"It's fine..." She remembered how and why it got better and shook her head.

"Let's go to lunch."
 



Junmi, Soomi, & Yeon Ae decided to sit at their own little table today to just have more girl time. (And plus to avoid Lay on Yeon Ae's note)

"Your knee got better? Who treated it?" Soomi asked, munching on a fry.

"... L-Lay." Yeon Ae stuttered and blushed.

She looked down on her lap.

Why did you have to stutter, Yeon Ae?!

Soomi raised an eyebrow and Junmi frowned.

"What's wrong, Yeon?" Soomi asked, worried.

Yeon Ae blinked away the tears and looked at her friends.

She faked smiled.

"I don't know." She cracked.

Soomi widened her eyes and Junmi went to the other side of her to comfort her but Yeon Ae stood up with tears in her eyes.

"I need to go somewhere." She said before running off.

Chen has been watching Yeon Ae the whole time and frowned.

Even though they broke up, it still didn't mean they couldn't become best friends and he still cared for her.

Chen stood up abruptly.

"Done eating." He clicked his tongue and went to follow Yeon Ae.

Suho and Kris exchanged weary looks.
 



Yeon Ae didn't know where she was going but she found herself on the rooftop and her heart skipped a beat.

Lay stared at her wide eyed.

"O-Oh. I'm s-sorry.." Yeon Ae stuttered and went to run back but she saw Chen standing there, blocking her way.

Lay looked at the two with hurt in his eyes.

"Chen, please move." Yeon Ae desperately whispered.

Chen frowned and moved out of the way, only after he wiped her tears away.

Lay was about to leave also but Chen walked up to him and stopped him.

"Why didn't you come home yesterday?" Chen asked, leaning on the railing.

Lay sighed.

Why didn't I go home yesterday?

Lay just strolled around the park before falling asleep at his parent's house.

"I don't know." He answered.

"Did something happen between you and Yeon? Why is she like that? Did you do that to her?" Chen interogated.

He sure does act like her boyfriend even though he isn't.

Lay closed his eyes as his heart clenched in pain.

"Yes, something did happen. I don't know why she's like that and I don't know." Lay answered, wondering why she was crying.

He looked at Chen.

"I kissed her." Lay confessed like a man.

Chen's eyes widened in shock before he smiled.

"Oh really now? Since when did Lay hyung have game?" Chen teased.

Lay stared at Chen in confusion.

Is he mocking me right now?

"Uh... You aren't mad? You're not gonna kill me?" Lay asked, nervously. 

Is this a joke?

Chen looked him weirdly.

"No... Why would I?" Chen chuckled.

Lay continued staring.

"Because you guys are together." Lay blantly said the obvious reason.

Chen looked at him and laughed.

"You still think we're together?" Chen laughed.

Laughed so hard, tears starting forming.

Lay blankly nodded, seriously confused.

"Ohh, Lay hyung. We broke up yesterday." Chen said, finally calming down from his laughter high.

Lay widened his eyes and his heart starting to lighten up.

So I kissed her when she were already single! Now I doesn't have this guilt laying on my shoulders.

But why were she crying? Is it because I was avoiding her? Oh crap.

Lay patted Chen on the shoulder and ran downstairs to the hallway of students.

Class is starting again!

Lay ran to class, hoping to see Yeon Ae sitting in her chair but nope.

No one was in class yet.

He slumped and walked slowly to his chair and students started to fill in the class.

Where is she?

Chen walked in a few minutes after and raised his eyebrow not seeing the two of you acting all lovey dovey.

"Hyung." Chen yelled to Lay.

Lay looked up and frowned.

"I don't know." Lay said.

The teacher walked in and class had started without Junmi or Yeon Ae.
 



"Yeon unnie! I told you to be careful!" Junmi said, slapping Yeon Ae's shoulder softly.

Yeon Ae laughed.

She ran out of the rooftop and downstairs but she tripped on the last step and fell on her already injured knee, luckily Junmi was there when it happened.

"I'm fine, Junmi. You should've went to class." Yeon Ae gently said.

Junmi shook her head.

"And leave you here alone? Hah! That's funny." Junmi said, sitting down next to the clinic bed.

Yeon Ae smiled.

She did enjoy Junmi's company.

But this all reminded her too much of yesterday.

She rested her eyes for a little bit while Junmi hummed a tune.

A little sleep wouldn't hurt. Plus this is the last class of the day.


 


a/n: hello hello i wrote this 1-2:30 am in the morning r u guys satisfied? Lol prob not but i swear i'm gonna edit this whole story once i finish it. about 2-3 chapters left till it's over? :c quite sad if you think about it. Thank you all to have subscribed, upvoted, & commented on this little story. I'm so grateful & i love you guys! that school is starting soon. I'm gonna finish this but not sure when the next fic is gonna be. But quick poll on my next fic.