CHAPTER 01; DAY 29

303 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER ONE Day 29 // Saturday

Kris woke up with his forehead and neck covered in sweat, as if he just had the most scariest nightmare. He was holding a baby. A tiny little person in his arm and there was a smile on his face. Those sort of smile like when he had won an award for the Best Male Model of the Year, except, happier.

Though, the most vivid part had been when everyone was congratulating him.

"For what?!" He spouted, sitting up on his bed feeling annoyed.

He shut his eyes as he let out a deep breath. An image of a woman suddenly appeared within his consciousness and as much as he didn't want to admit, he acknowledged who the woman was. Song Jieun.

It has been a month since that day, since that night, when he last saw her. Perhaps, he only remembered because she was still, up until today, the last woman he had spent a night with. It wasn't even a night.

It would be a lie if he said he didn't remember any of his actions from that night. He did remember when she gave him a peck on his lips. Those two cute kisses he had ever received. And he did remember when he had asked her if she could let him kissed her instead—she had nodded her head then. He had kissed her. He had touched her. He knew he did something to her but everything else was fuzzy in his head.

At one point, she was mistaken as his 'new woman' since the shots from that night—of him saving her from the photographer—has appeared in several magazines. If Chanyeol hadn't explained that she was his girlfriend's best friend, Kris would have gotten another lecture from their manager.

Despite all, he wondered if any guys ever seen her drunk. If they also get by the drunken Song Jieun—like he had.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jieun massaged the side of her forehead with her thumbs. Recently, she had been having headaches quite often and she tended to get irritatingly tired whenever she extended her hours at work. Last night, she had come home at ten o'clock at night and she dived straight for her bed. She had even slept in her work suits.

Jieun walked up to the balcony, thinking maybe the fresh air could make her feel better. Just like it always did. Even if she mostly didn't enjoy her life as much, thanks to her successful grandparents and parents, she had a chance to live in such an outstanding residential area. Their modern-manor had an almost full view of Han River and at night, she could witness city of Seoul came alive with its lights.

The manor was divided into four parts of quarters; her grandparents and her family's, the workers', the entertainment house and the guest house. The entertainment house was also made for parties; it consisted of a grand hall, a theatre, a gym, a yoga studio and a playhouse. For the outdoor, there was a walk-in garden for flower lovers like her grandmother and mother, a golf course for her grandfather and father, and a large swimming pool with an outdoor lounge area.

To others, her life might seem affluence filled with richness. Well, she was an heiress to a billion dollar company. Her grandparents were the reason why she needed to stay out of troubles. They depended on her so much. Her mother, who had her shares and also, the supposedly next successor had her own career—a fashion designer—a talented one at that. Hence, Song Jieun had automatically become the next Paradise Group most eligible heiress.

However, she did have siblings—a younger brother and a younger sister. Her younger brother, Song Kyungsoo was currently in his first year of studying Master of Business Administration, in Seoul National University. Jieun on the other hand, had gone to University of Oxford in England for her MBA. While their younger sister, Song Jaein was seventeen years old and still in high school. She was a top student at an international school, Seoul Foreign School.

Those were probably the reasons why some of the citizens and other entrepreneurs had look at their family with a desire to discredit. They were too perfect to be true.

As her eyes beheld the panorama of the waterway, she in the morning fresh air. Suddenly, she felt the urge to vomit. She cupped and ran to the bathroom.

Once she had faced the sink, she took a light breath and exhaled. She didn’t throw up.

"What was that?" She asked herself as she looked at her reflection.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woohyun sat himself across the woman that he was supposed to get to know of—Park Hyomin, so he was told her name was. He had expected the kind of a not-so-attractive and uptight woman around his age wearing glasses with her hair swirled up in a formal bun, but instead, he was facing a rather very attractive female and he could feel that his father was nudging him with his elbow.

Woohyun glanced away from Hyomin's face and turned to look at his father who was now talking to Hyomin's father, Mr Park Sungjin.

While Woohyun's family had already owned several branches of clinic and a hospital in the north side of Seoul, Hyomin's family had one in the south and another in Incheon. Two years ago, Woohyun's father had told him about his upcoming project with Mr Park Sungjin—a joint venture to build another hospital. That was before he had gone to study for his Master in Business Administration, in the United States.

"So Woohyun, how was America?" Park Sungj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter