CHAPTER 02; DAY 31

303 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWO Day 31 // Week Six // Monday

Jieun had been having trouble sleeping since that night Luna had told her that she could possibly be pregnant. It didn't help when she felt so obtusely exhausted along the way; she had missed two days off work since yesterday. She groaned as she pulled the duvet exceeded the top of her head.

'But seriously, did you guys really think that all you did that night was kissing?' Luna's voice echoed in Jieun's mind.

Jieun shut her eyes and saw Kris’ stupidly handsome drunken face from that night—when he was asking her if he could kiss her.

Jieun shook her head. “Go away!” She bellowed underneath the duvet.

There were suddenly knocks on her bedroom door and few seconds after, she heard footsteps inside the room. She yanked the bedsheet downward and took a peek at the person who just entered her lair. It was none other than her brother, Kyungsoo.

"Noona, how are you feeling?" He asked her as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"Stress." She muttered.

"Grandma ask if you want us to call Doctor Jung for a check up—"

"NO." Jieun hastily cut him off. "I mean, no, it's ok. I'm fine." She flashed her brother an uneasy smile as she nodded her head constantly. Doctor Jung was their family personal doctor.

Kyungsoo squinted his eyes and looked at her doubtfully. "You don't look fine."

"Actually, I'm on my way out anyway—" Jieun pushed the bedsheet off her body and leaped out of the bed when suddenly, her mind spun her around literally, making her twirled in the dizziness.

Kyungsoo held her arms and steadied her back on her foot. "You're definitely not fine." He said.

"Can you take me to the hospital, please?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Woohyun, can you take your mother to the hospital? I have a meeting with Mr Park today." Woohyun's father told Woohyun as he came out of his room, dressed up in suits and ready to start his second day of work—as a Chief Financial Officer.

Fate might have confirmed his title of being the only successor to his father's hospital and clinics, but it didn't mean that he could single-handedly claimed it without actually having any knowledge about it. Hence, Woohyun had spent the past years of his life studying and finally seized the EMBA (Excecutive Master of Business Administration) award at the age of twenty-five.

"Yeah, sure." He replied. "Come on then, Mrs Oh Woori. I'll be your chaperon for today." He playfully remarked as he looked at his mother.

Woohyun's mother has been a doctor for the past twenty-six years and as cheesy as it sounded, she was his father’s inspiration to build a hospital; so she could work in it. Triumphantly after years of hardships, he became the founder of Namuri Seoul Medical Center.

"You don't know how much I missed you, Woohyun ah." Oh Woori lovingly scooped her son's face in her hands and smiled at him.

"Oh, the everyday phone calls—trust me mum, I know." He nodded his head and flashed his mother a playful smile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You don't have to wait for me. I can just get a taxi when I'm done." Jieun told Kyungsoo.

"No chance." Kyungsoo looked at her as if she was kidding. "What if anything happens to you when you're alone?"

"Look, I know you love me very much and I love you too but seriously, I'll be fine. And—I won't be alone." Jieun reassured her brother. Of course she was lying.

"Ahh I know—" Kyungsoo nodded his head deliberately. "You're meeting someone. Someone that you don't want us to know about—" He rascally smiled.

Jieun tilted her head in confusion.

Kyungsoo let out a sigh. "Look noona, if you're in a relationship with someone—you know you can tell me. I won't tell our parents or grandparents—even though I'm pretty sure our mother is suspecting something too—" He paused, as though he was trying to remember something.

"What do you mean?" Jieun fixed her gaze on her brother, still confused over everything that just came out of his lips.

"You and that model—Kris Wu, isn't it? You have something going on with him, haven’t you? Mum saw pictures of you and him in a magazine few weeks ago." Kyungsoo continued explaining. "You guys looked very close, she said."

Jieun's eyes widened as moved to protest but she then closed it again. She took a deep breath and exhaled it forcibly. "It's not what you think it is." She shook her head. "Ok fine, wait for me if you want. But don't complain if I'm not coming out after half an hour."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok hyung, I won't complain anymore." Kris ended his conversation with his manager and hung up the phone. He harshly slid his phone back on the coffee table.

"You ok?" Chanyeol turned to look at the older male.

Kris shrugged his shoulders.

"You're thinking about Jieun noona." Chanyeol implied. Kris wasn't angry because of his manager. Chanyeol had taken notice on how Kris' behavior would change every time he was thinking about Jieun.

"It's so annoying. I can't help this feeling of wanting to know if she really is—pregnant. But she probably wouldn't tell me, would she? She wants me to feel bad about it forever." He explained as he sunk his head into the sofa.

"She will tell you if she is." Chanyeol reassured his friend. "Or you can trust on Luna at least. She will make Jieun noona tell you. After all, you still have the right to know—if the baby is yours."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Miss Song, you're six weeks pregnant.'

The doctor's voice kept repeating in her head, Jieun couldn't help but feeling so helpless that she wanted to just cry. She was still sitting in the waiting area because she couldn't bring herself to walk back to Kyungsoo's car. She wanted him to come and get her but she didn't even have the strength to get her phone out of her bag.

The confirmation that she had to swallow wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. Perhaps, it was because Luna had announced it beforehand, yet, Jieun still didn't know how to get it inside her head. The fact that she definitely had something in her stomach—something that was created by her and a guy that she didn't even love.

"Noona—"

Jieun looked up and saw Kyungsoo was walking to where she was sitting.

"You told me not to complain if you don't come back after half an hour but it has been forty minutes—are you ok?" Kyungsoo plopped himself into the seat next to his sister.

Even though Jieun was trying so hard to stop the tears from streaming down her cheeks, she couldn't hold it any longer once she saw her little brother's concerned face. She was glad that sometimes he ignored her words, for the sake of her own good.

"Come on, I'll take you to the car."

 

"You're—pregnant?" Kyungsoo retorted as they were back in the car and as Jieun had finally told him what was happening. "Is it Kris'?" He asked her.

Jieun nodded her head weakly.

Kyungsoo sighed. "So, what are you going to do? Are you going to let our parents—and grandma—" Kyungsoo paused, pursing his lips. "Noona, I'm so sorry, but you have to think of a very good plan before telling grandma. Especially if you do love him—because grandma won’t make it easy for both of you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jieun stared at Kris' phone number on her phone screen as it was messaged to her by Chanyeol.

After few minutes had passed, she finally gave in and pressed the green button.

"It's Song Jieun. We need to talk."

  Day 32 // Tuesday

Jieun and Kris had agreed to meet each other today, during Jieun's an hour break for lunch. The venue was important for it to be far from his or her work place. They had chosen to meet at Kris and Chanyeol's apartment. Still dangerous, but not as fatal as the mall—where her grandmother's insiders or anyone at all could easily spot them together.

"Have a seat." Kris gestured onto the sofa as Jieun entered the living room.

"No need." She waved her hand in dismissed. "I'll make it quick."

He raised his eyebrows and nodded his head. "Ok."

For a second, their eyes locked within each other's before Jieun averted hers and she took a deep breath. "I'm six weeks pregnant."

Kris was still looki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter