CHAPTER 03; DAY 33

303 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER THREE Day 33 // Week 6 // Wednesday

Kris stepped out of his car; his eyes were gazing over the ethereal and breathtaking view of Jieun's family mansion. Kris might have been friend with a lot of famous and rich people, but this would be the first time he had ever stood in such a peculiar residential area of its own.

He was about to call Jieun to inform on his arrival, before he saw her petite figure walking out of the extensive oak doors.

She eyed him from his brushed back dark-ash-blonde hair to his brown pointed toe shoes. He was wearing a light brown collared shirt with a black blazer on top, and a black fitted slack. "You dressed up decent. Good." She slightly nodded her head in approval.

Kris' face scrunched up inwardly upon seeing her haughty manner. He then took the bag of herbal medicines from the passenger seat—that he had brought expensively for her parents and grandparents—and handed it to Jieun.

"Thanks, but I told you, you don't have to." Jieun had said before she led him into the house. At one point, she had grabbed his hand into hers. She glanced at him for a second while ignoring the teasing expression he was giving her.

They had talked on the phone yesterday and earlier today, planning on everything that needed to say and do. There was only one way to make her family accepted him—to make them believed that they were in love with each other.

Still clutching his hand as they stood in front of her grandparents, parents and her siblings, Jieun smiled. "Everyone, this is my boyfriend." She pursed her lips after briefly introduced Kris to her family.

Kris made a formal bow and flashed them a charming smile. "I'm Kris Wu."

 

"So, what are your parents doing in America?" Jieun's grandmother began again as they all settled themselves around the dining table. By now, the basic questions about Kris had long been asked and answered.

"My father is an aircraft engineer. And my mother is a psychiatrist." Kris instantly replied.

“Aircraft engineer?” Jieun’s father had perked up. “I’m a pilot myself—have always admired aircraft engineers. If it's not because of people who’s doing the job like your father does, I wouldn’t be able to fly one.” Her father smiled at Kris.

Jieun's grandparents had nodded their heads and Jieun knew exactly what they were thinking: not bad.

So he might not be a son to an owner of an aircraft company, but an aircraft engineer plus a psychiatrist definitely added up to a rich and noble life.

"And I was an engineer before too." Her grandfather cued in. In contrast to her grandmother, her grandfather looked gentler and definitely much more relaxed than everyone else in the room. "And then I started involving myself in the business industry—" He paused, looking at Kris. "But I didn't regret it—because that's how I met Jieunnie's grandmother." He smiled.

Everyone turned their gazes to look at Jieun's grandmother whose lips finally trembled into an upward curve.

"Grandma, I think you're the luckiest woman in the world." Jieun cheerfully voiced out.

"Oh. Ok, ok. I'd admit it." Jieun's grandmother nodded her head as a light laughter escaped her lips. "I'm the luckiest woman in the world, indeed." She smiled lovingly at Jieun's grandfather and then to Jieun.

"I think you both are the luckiest people in the world—to have found each other. There's no wonder that people admired both of you." Kris commented, causing everyone to look at him. For a second, he thought that he had said something wrong before Jieun's grandfather came back to the rescue.

"We are." The old man bobbed his head as his lips curved up in bliss.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, I heard you and Hyomin had a dinner together last night?" Woohyun's father asked Woohyun without looking away from his plate of rice.

"She's lovely, and not to mention, pretty." His mother joined in.

Woohyun casually shook his head and breathed out a silent laughter. "We know you guys are trying to set us up but it's not going to work like that."

"Why not?" His mother cut him off and tilted her head in wonder.

"Because my dear mother...it's only been five days since we met and secondly, I think we prefer to be just friends for now." Woohyun told her mother.

Woohyun's mother frowned her lips. "Or is it because of that girl you told me about?" His mother hinted. "The one that you met in England."

Woohyun abruptly stopped chewing, trying hard to not look into her mother's eyes. He couldn't. He couldn't let her know about his broken heart. His mother was the only person who knew everything about him, in and out.

-Start of flashback-

It was spring 2012; Woohyun was in his final year in University of Oxford.

Woohyun sat on the bench as his eyes wandered around the beautiful sight of the old building of University of Oxford. "Mother, I think I've fallen in love with someone."

"Nam Woohyun, are you bringing a foreigner girlfriend back home?" His mother chided over the line.

Woohyun laughed. "She's a Korean."

"Oh. Is she studying the same course as you?"

"Well, kind of." Woohyun nodded and smiled, not that his mother could see it. "She's very nice, I think you'd love her too."

"Well, if she'd make my son happy, of course! What's her name?"

"Song J—" Woohyun was about to tell his mother when he saw Jieun's figure walking up to him, he closed his mouth. "Mother, I'll tell you later. I have to go." He quickly hung up and slipped his phone back into his coat's pocket.

"Nam Woohyun, I was looking for you!" Jieun called out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter