CHAPTER 08; DAY 58

303 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER EIGHT Day 58 // Week 10 // Saturday

It was finally the D-Day, the one that Kris and Jieun were dreaded to look forward to – their wedding day. Over the course of a short space of time, the calm atmosphere had become charged with electricity as they were drawn closer to the big event.

Jieun was finally being left alone with Luna in the changing room. All of her family members had gone to tend to the guests who had started filling up the hall.

“Ok, just a littleee bit more.” Luna huffed as she tried her hardest to zip the back of Jieun’s dress. “There.” And she puffed as she finally got the zip to the very top of the dress.

“I shouldn’t have eaten that fried rice this morning.” Jieun complained.

“It’s ok, unnie. You had to eat something.”

“And yet, I am still hungry.”

Luna was about to say something but she promptly closed . There was no point on arguing with a pregnant woman about her desire for many foods. “No worries now. You have successfully gotten into your wedding dress.” She assured her best friend. “And I’m not even being bias, but you look absolutely gorgeous right now. You’re going to make Kris Oppa cries.” Luna grinned.

Jieun pursed her lips. She wasn’t about to cry but she could feel tears started forming in the corner of her eyes. She might be touched by Luna’s compliment but at the same time, she still couldn’t tone down her anxiety. “I said I’m doing this for my family but at this moment, I’m not even sure who I’m really doing this for anymore.” She shook her head. “I am really about to marry a man who—I don’t love.” Her voice broke at her last word.

“Ah Unnie, don’t cry!” Luna hugged Jieun. “Everything will be fine.” She grabbed a tissue and dabbed carefully on Jieun’s cheeks and the corner of her eyes, trying not to ruin her make up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris was pacing back and forth in the sitting room. The pressure was so tensed; he couldn’t sit nor stand still. Most of his friends couldn’t believe at the fact that he, Kris Wu was getting married, and how he wished he could tell them that he wasn’t. 

“Hyung, everything will be fine.” Chanyeol assured his best friend as he pulled him back to his seat.

“I don’t feel too good.”

Chanyeol lightly laughed. “The grooms tend to use that line when they were about to get married.”

Suddenly, the door swung opened, making the two men’s heads turned at once. Im Yoona, who was definitely uninvited, all of the sudden was standing in the room.

Kris automatically jolted up to his feet. “Yoona. What are you doing here?”

“Kris, please don’t marry her.” Yoona shamelessly pleaded, walking up to the tall man.

Kris shook his head. “It’s too late.”

“No, it’s not. I still love you!” She confessed, and her expression somehow broke Kris’ heart. He wished he hadn’t heard that. “And I know you. She couldn’t possibly make you love her within nine months.” She confidently uttered, shaking her head along with her sentence. It had been ten months since she left him.

Chanyeol could only watch the two of them and hoped that Kris wouldn’t do anything stupid.

The door swung opened, yet again without any warnings or knocks. It was Luna this time.

“Oppa!” She called out cheerfully, before her eyes had landed on the sight of Yoona standing so close to Kris. “What is she doing here?” Luna asked her boyfriend with such annoyance lingered in her tone. She then walked up to Kris, ignoring her boyfriend who was trying to calm her down. She gave Yoona an annoyed look as she handed to Kris a folded piece of paper. “It’s from Jieun Unnie.” She said, looking at him meaningfully.

Kris instantly unfolded the piece of paper and he learned about Jieun’s handwriting for the first time. It was precise and tiny, just like her.

“You know, there’s still time to walk out of this. I’m really tempted to but this dress is too heavy for me to run in. So, I’m staying. If you are too, I hope you’re wearing that smell that I really hate.

P.S. Ok the smell actually keeps me calm. You can make fun of me all you want.”

He folded the paper back as it was and slipped it into his trousers’ pocket. He brought his eyes back to Yoona. “She didn’t need nine months for me to love her.” He told her, as if he meant it. “Please don’t make a fuss, Yoona. You deserve better than being the in the news for wrecking my marriage.”

Kris walked himself out of the room, followed by Chanyeol and Luna, leaving Yoona alone and frustrated in the cold sitting room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Aw, you look gorgeous!” Lina exclaimed as soon as she saw Jieun in the changing room. “Doesn’t she?” Lina asked Hyomin.

“She does!” Hyomin promptly nodded. She then smiled at Jieun. “We haven’t met, have we? I’m Park Hyomin. Cousin to Kris and Lina unnie.” She introduced herself.

“Hyomin’s a doctor.” Lina mentioned.

Jieun beamed. “Oh yes, Kris mentioned to me about you.” Kris had indeed mentioned to Jieun that he has a cousin, who was a doctor. Although he hadn’t mentioned that she was a woman. “Nice to finally meet you.” Jieun smiled.

“And you too, my cousin-in-law-to-be.” Hyomin beamed. “By the way, I’ve sort of invited an old friend of yours. Well, he was going to be my plus one—before I found out that the two of you know each other. But he said you guys haven’t been keeping in contact. So—” Hyomin stopped, looking at Jieun who looked a little confused. “His name is Nam Woohyun.”

“N-nam Woohyun?” Jieun stuttered. She didn’t even know why she was so surprised upon hearing the familiar name. “Yes, we used to go to the same university in England.” Jieun promptly nodded her head. “Is he here?”

Hyomin shook her head. “He couldn’t come, sorry. He did though however—” Hyomin paused as her hand rummaged through her little bag. “—asked me to pass you this.”

Jieun took the card out of Hyomin’s hand. It was a congratulatory card, with a little message of ‘I hope you’ve been well’, and his practiced signature at the very bottom.

“Thank you.” Jieun said to Hyomin. “Please tell him thank you.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hall was filling up as the guests were seated in their given seats, talking quietly amongst themselves in hushed and reverent tones. The mall was closed for the day, just for this special occasion; so that there would be no disruption of uninvited media and crazy fans.

After a few minutes, the wedding song started to play as Jieun, her father and her bridesmaids finally came into the view. Jieun gracefully walked down the aisle, hand hooked through her father’s arm, wearing one of the most beautiful wedding gown ever created. Beaded embroidered flowers were sewn all over her bodice, and a full tulle skirt with a chapel length train graciously swept the floor. A delicate lace headpiece took place of a traditional veil. Behind them were little Joona, Jaein and Luna—all were wearing dresses in the colour of a dusty gold.

Brian was seen snapping away the moments through his big lens, without losing his footing as he moved backward. Jieun smiled at the familiar faces. She caught a glimpse of the proud look from her grandparents and her mother who was dabbing the tissue on her cheeks, before her eyes finally landed on Kris—who was standing in his most handsome manner, on the altar.

Kris bowed at Jieun’s father as he took her hand from the older man. He clasped her hand firmly in the crook of his arm. They looked at each other for few seconds. She subtly took a deep breath of his scent and that was all it took to make her smile.

It took them less than ten minutes when they were finally announced as a man and wife. They heard all sorts of ‘aww’ and ‘ahhh’ when Kris had given her a kiss on the forehead, instead of her lips.

Blinking away the tears from her eyes, Jieun emotionally laughed along with the audience.

The next thing had completely taken Jieun by surprised as Kris grabbed her small face and very gently pressed his lips on hers. His thumbs grazed the corner of her eyes, consciously wiping her tears away. Their eyes locked as he slowly broke the contact, he briefly stared into her eyes in which were looking back into his sadly. He gave her a smile and embraced her cordially.

Jieun wasn’t sure if it was his hell-of-a-good acting, or his comfo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter