CHAPTER 14; Honeymoon

303 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FOURTEEN Day 88 // Week 14 // Monday

Kris snorted a chuckle when he read the title ‘Smitten: Kris Wu spent his birthday with wife Song Jieun’ on the front cover of the weekly magazine; and there was a picture of him burying his face in her hair. It was only yesterday, but it was no surprise how the paparazzi had managed to provide pictures of them worth of two pages full within less than twenty-four hours.

As Kris looked at their pictures one by one, he couldn’t help thinking how that big jumper of hers did wonders on covering her bump. He had seen her this morning in her fitted tank top and her stomach was actually protruding.

“What?” She had asked him as she caught him looking at her as if he had never seen a pregnant woman before.

“It’s grown.” He muttered under his breath, still staring at her swollen stomach.

Jieun looked at him oddly. “Of course it’s grown. There’s a human being in it.”

“No, I mean…it’s growing really fast. It wasn’t this big the last time I seen it.” He paused, and then looked at her in wonder. “How did you manage to cover it all this time?”

“Oversize clothes. I have to go out of my style, but they’re comfortable so I can’t complain.” Jieun shrugged nonchalantly.

“We’ll tell them soon. The public.” He promised her and looked at her with an assured expression.

Kris figured that they should be fine if they were to break out the news now. Well, the public thought they were smitten with each other anyway. He would have to admit they looked cute together, but he didn’t look smitten though, did he? He had a strong desire to have Jieun in his bed, yes, but smitten? He really didn’t think so.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im Yoona threw the magazine, sending it flying across the room. Yoona hated how he’d looked as though he was happy with that little heiress . The way he had looked at that woman reminded the way he had looked at her before—it was her favourite view of all, and it was supposed to be for her eyes only. Or had he been acting ever since then? No, he couldn’t possibly be, because he did tell her once that he loved her.

Yoona had never wanted to be the woman who people would talk about wrecking the others marriage, but for him, it’d be worth it. She didn’t think that she could love and want any other man as much as she’d loved and wanted him. She ought to find out what he’d done to Song Jieun—who’d had her hands wrapped securely around his throat. What could be the worst thing that he could have done to have to stay with that heiress?

  Day 94 // Week 15 // Sunday

Jieun was all packed and ready to go to England. She stood in front of the mirror and eyed her appearance one more time. She was wearing a white pair of (extremely stretchy) skinny jeans and a long sleeve black t-shirt that had ‘Baby On Board’ on the front, written in white. Kris was the one who had bought it and thought it was a cute way to break the announcement. She didn’t agree to it at first but what the hell, she thought. At least, she didn’t have to hide her bump anymore. She secured the Burberry’s Pom Pom beanie around her head and slipped her feet into her new, and also from Burberry, white leather trainers—which Kris had gotten both for her as well. To go with the outfits, he had told her.

She was so used to have styled in elegant clothing, but she had secretly approved Kris’ choice of these chic outfits for her. Jieun then grabbed her long black coat and looked around the room for one last time, making sure she had everything she needed before she throttled out of the room to meet Kris downstairs.

He was head to toe coupling up with her, wearing black t-shirt that was stylishly tucked in his white slim jeans underneath the long black coat that hung handsomely on his broad shoulders. He was smiling adoringly at her.

“Don’t smile at me like that.” She warned him.

“Why? You look cute.” He told her with the usual teasing tone. He was also wearing matching trainers, except his was in black. The fact that he looked more like her boyfriend rather than her fake husband was scaring her slightly.

 

They had caused a slight commotion at Seoul Airport with photographers and paparazzi trying to get perfect photos of Kris and Jieun. Kris’ manager was also there when they arrived. Of course he was told beforehand about the announcement that they were going to make. Meanwhile, Jieun’s hand couldn’t escape Kris’ as he’d intertwined their fingers together since they got out of the car. He had never linked their hands in such way before, and it made Jieun felt funny how her fingers fitted perfectly through his. At one point, Kris had tugged her hand to a stop, to let their pictures properly got taken. Making sure that the letters on her t-shirt was seen, Jieun held the bottom of her bulging stomach and put on a bright smile on her face—now, they wouldn’t have seen this everyday coming from Song Jieun, the CEO of Paradise Group.   

Manager Park told Kris to go quickly as he handled the reporters who were all hungry for more information.

Soon as they were checked in, they were finally free from the cameras and phones as they waited in the first class lounge. Jieun finally entangled her hands from his.

“You’re ok?” He asked her.

Jieun nodded her head and sighed heavily.

“What’s the matter?” He was now facing towards her and looking at her with concerned.

Jieun looked at him briefly, before she let the side of her head fell onto his shoulder. “Just a little tired.” She told him. He then readjusted his arm and wrapped it around her shoulders. For once, she had passed her feelings and let him cocooned her comfortably. How she would still seek for his smell to keep her calm and how he had never worn any other scents for the past fifteen weeks amazed her. Right at that moment, Jieun wished he was her best friend. Someone who she could count, lean and depend on. Nothing more, and nothing less.

 

Jieun and Kris arrived at Heathrow Airport in the late afternoon, still on Sunday. It felt like they were going back in time but in reality, Seoul was nine hours ahead from London. The twelve and a half hours on the plane had exhausted them both, but Jieun was thankful for she had a rather pleasant journey. Her fifteen weeks pregnant body had found her 4.5 million Korean Won seat neither comfortable nor uncomfortable, but the fact that the seat could be turned into a lie-flat bed was why she had booked for the first-class trip. The pan fried smoked salmon had been worth it too, Jieun had asked for it thrice; and countless times for the brownie, she was surprised that the stewardess didn’t give her a nasty look.

At the same time, she’d expected the baggage claim and security check to be fast as well. As Kris pushed the trolley of their luggage towards the exit, Jieun finally got the grip of how big of a deal he was as they were greeted by a swarm of his international fans. Not as many as those in Seoul, but still a lot. He’d inwardly pulled her closer to him. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust his fans, but some of them had proven to be a little scary at a time. Especially now that Manager Park wasn’t with them, or any bodyguards to protect them at all.

One of the fans had given Jieun foods, she’d recognized the Carluccio’s paper bag. She took it with a thank you. Some of the fans had also wished them “congratulations” and exaggeratingly expressed “you’re so pretty” to Jieun, she’d started to re-think if they were really his fans. Meanwhile, Kris couldn’t help smiling, guessing he didn’t need to worry about them attacking her after all.

Their chauffeur was waiting for them, and they simply knew it because a bald British man in a grey suit was holding a placard with “Mr and Mrs Wu” written on it.

“Andrew, you do know that us Korean women don’t use our husband’s surname?” Jieun squinted her eyes playfully once she was standing in front of the man in the immaculate Armani suits.

“I know, I know. I just wanted to see your reaction.” He had told her along with a chuckle. Andrew Taylor was the housekeeper of her family’s vacation house in Richmond, London. Andrew and his wife had been taking care of the house since 1995.

Jieun gave him a hug. “Have you been well?” She asked as soon as she pulled herself back.

“Well my dear, I’m still alive, aren’t I?”

Jieun shook her head as she fully understood Andrew’s sense of humour, and she approvingly smiled.

“And you my darling, looking even more beautiful.” Andrew said as he eyed on Jieun’s stomach. “Con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter