CHAPTER 04; DAY 42

303 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FOUR Day 42 // Week 7 // Thursday

More than a week had passed since the doctor had verified that Jieun was pregnant. She was told to start making an appointment with the midwife. She was still working as usual and tired had become an understatement to her nowadays. However, the morning sickness had started to decrease, as long as she stayed away from noodles.

Her hands touched her swollen s. She didn’t know what to make out of her suddenly growing s. She would usually wear 30B, and having to make a drastic change to one cup bigger was weird. She didn’t mind bigger s, if only they didn’t pain her.

She then roamed her hands around her flat stomach. "I wonder when you're going to get big—"

Before she knew it, Jieun had found herself talking to her stomach. She shook her head; pushing away every thought there was in her head. I am going crazy.

Jieun grabbed her phone, checking for any messages as she would usually do every morning. Kris had called her twice, after that night when he had visited her family. Even though Jieun knew he had the right to check up on her health condition because of the baby, she still felt uncomfortable with their fake relationship.

Sender: The Jerk

Hope you still remember about meeting with my sister today. I’ll pick you up at 12.30pm later.

Jieun plopped herself back onto the bed and lied on her back, staring blankly at the ceiling. How could I forget?

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hyomin was eating her lunch in her office when suddenly her phone vibrated, indicating a text message just came through. She took a glimpse at the flashing screen, and she put down her sandwich at once.

It was a text message from Woohyun.

-------------------------------

Sender: Nam Woohyun

Hey, I know you’re super busy but don’t skip your lunch, ok? I’m watching you.

-------------------------------

Hyomin couldn’t help smiling, before she found her finger started replying to his text.

Oh really? I can’t see a pair of bossy eyes watching me at the moment. Haha. I’m actually eating a sandwich, by the way.

-------------------------------

Sender: Nam Woohyun

Good. Good. Oh, you can’t see me, but I always see you, Miss Park.

-------------------------------

Are you flirting with me again, Mr Nam Woohyun?

-------------------------------

Sender: Nam Woohyun

Maybe. Are you free this weekend?

-------------------------------

I may be. Why? What do you have in mind?

-------------------------------

Sender: Nam Woohyun

Have lunch with me this Saturday. And if you want, dinner too.

-------------------------------

Hyomin eyed her half-eaten sandwich. She then put down her phone onto the table and leaned her head back onto the headrest of the leather chair. She knew that she would like Woohyun the moment she set her eyes on him. It’s been quite a while since a guy had given her butterflies in the stomach and made her smile in the middle of the day while treating a patient. Undoubtedly, the jokes Woohyun had made, those genuine wonders that often mistaken as flirting, and also that cute smile of his had somewhat made Hyomin slightly happy than usual.

Hyomin grabbed her phone yet again.

Sure. I’ll see you this Saturday then, Mr Nam Woohyun.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jieun scanned around the rooftop parking area one more time, before getting herself into Kris’ car.  

“I was debating whether to wait for you or not—” Kris began, as she had settled herself in the passenger seat. “You’re five minutes late.”

Jieun rolled her eyes as she turned to look at the man that she had classified as The Jerk of The Century. “Well, I’m sorry. I had to think of a reason to lie to my secretary again.” 

“You should have told her that you’re having a lunch date with a mysterious handsome man—“

“Yeah, and then she’d wonder and go spy on me again.” Jieun cut him off. “But anyway, I wouldn’t exactly say a mysterious handsome man,” She rolled her eyes, emphasizing her last three words.

“Well, would you rather have a date with a bald old man then?”

“I’d rather have a date with anyone but you!” She blurted out in reply.

Kris’ right hand instantly left the steering wheel as he placed it on top of his heart. “—that hurts.” He remarked dramatically.

Jieun shot him a stern look and as she turned her head back to the window, she couldn’t stop herself from smiling.

 

They had soon arrived in front of a modern looking house consisted a mixture of white concretes and woods. Despite the elegant exterior, the house had somehow given Jieun a warm and welcoming feeling.

“We’re here.” Kris had said as he turned off the engine of his car. He then made his way out of the car and Jieun did the same.

Kris handed out his hand for Jieun to grab but instead, he received another displeased look from her. He cocked one of his eyebrows up, as if telling her “I don’t want to do this either”. At the end, Jieun had no choice but to take Kris’ hand in hers.

 

Jieun greeted both Lina and Jaejoong as she was being introduced by Kris.

“It’s about time my little brother introduce you to us.” Lina smiled warmly at Jieun, welcoming the stranger that happened to be carrying her brother’s child.

“Now that I see it—you guys do look good together!” Jaejoong grinned. His hand was quick to punch the side of Kris’ right arm as he raised his eyebrows, teasing the younger guy.   

Kris and Jieun abstractedly took a glance at each other.

Lina lightly hit her husband’s arm in return. “It’s Jieun’s first time in our house and we’re already making her uncomfortable.”

“I’m only saying the truth.” Jaejoong smiled. “I mean, this is serious. Let alone bringing someone back to our house, Kris never even bothered to introduce any of his suitors to us before.”

“Hyung, you actually know some of them.”

It was then Jaejoong and Lina’s turn to look at each other and their eyes then moved to Jieun. As if what had come out of Kris’ lips had hurt Jieun’s feeling, they looked at Kris in disappointment.

“I mean—uhh, that’s because they’re not the right one for me.” Kris smiled falteringly, rubbing the back of his neck as he stole a glimpse at Jieun. Not that Jieun would get offended by any of his statements.

“Jiujiu!” A sudden voice of a little girl delightedly broke the awkward atmosphere. Joona was running towards Kris and the tall man scooped her niece up in his arms. “Here she is, my princess.” Kris kissed her niece’s cheek.

“Alright, come on.” Lina hugged Jieun’s side, ushering her towards the dining table. “Don’t be shy. Just make yourself at home, ok?” She disclosed, smiling at the younger female.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jieun glanced at the clock on the white wall. It was almost eleven o’clock at night. For a scaredy cat like her, she was bounded to be scared being at the office on her own around this hour but somehow, she had gotten used to it. Plus, if anything happened, she knew there were at least two guards securing the floor.

She tilted her head backward, resting it onto the headrest. She couldn’t help thinking how warmhearted Kris’ family was. His sister was really kind to her and while his brother-in-law liked to tease a lot, he was actually quite funny. Though Jieun’s favourite had to be his niece.

-Star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter