CHAPTER 12; Day 78

303 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWELVE Day 72 // Week 12 // Saturday

Kris and Jieun arrived at the hotel where the event was being held. Jieun’s family driver had dropped them by the front entrance, and Kris offered his arm to her in such elegant manner that she thought he was being over the top. They walked into the hall to find the host, and despite the fact that most of the guests were also celebrities, their arrival still triggered a lot of attention.

Kris was wearing a grey slim-fit slack with a black turtleneck jumper, underneath a long black coat. It was such a simple outfit, but he had pulled it off so extravagantly well.

Jieun smiled at the unfamiliar faces that only Kris had recognized. He stopped and talked to some of his fellow associates that didn’t make it to their wedding. They complimented on how great they looked together, and how beautiful Jieun looked in her dress.

“Mr Park.” Kris greeted as the host and his suitor approached them. “Congratulations, again.” He initiated a hand shake. The good looking middle aged man took his hand and thanked him.

“Thank you for coming, Kris. And Miss Song, it’s an honor to finally meet you.” Mr Park said as he brought his extended arm towards her.

Jieun took his hand and congratulated the couple. Mr Park and his fiancée stayed and chat with them for some time before they excused themselves to greet another guest. Jieun’s eyes roamed around the hall and she saw the woman who had claimed to be Kris’ old friend—the one who Kris had confirmed to have had a fling with before. Her lips curved upwards at the other woman, but she didn’t smile back and Jieun realized that she wasn’t looking at her, but Kris.

“No, thank you.” She said as the waiter in uniform offered her a glass of champagne. Kris had also rejected the offer.

Jieun admitted that she missed the alcohol sometimes, but only sometimes. She figured that there was nothing good that would come out of her every time she consumed some. Ok, she won’t say that the baby that she was carrying was a mistake, but it was still a mistake. Both Kris and her knew that.

“Just because I’m not allowed to have one doesn’t mean you can’t too.” Jieun had told him.

“No, I think it’s still too early for me.” He nervously smiled, as if he was caught off guard. “Oh by the way, before I forgot. I have to go to London in about three weeks from now. I have a meeting with the Burberry’s CEO. I’ve been appointed as their new ambassador.”

“Wow.” Was the word that had come out of Jieun’s mouth. How famous was he going to become exactly? She couldn’t help thinking. “That’s great news for you, isn’t it?”

Kris smiled proudly and nodded his head. “So, I was thinking. How about we take some time off then? You can come to London with me?”

Jieun thought she heard it wrong, but he really did ask her to go to somewhere out of South Korea with him. “I guess I’d love to go to England again...”

“Let’s say we fly there two weeks from now, so we’ll have about a week off in England and I’ll meet Christopher Bailey on the last day and we’ll fly back after that?”

Jieun looked at him, actually impressed by his organizing skill. “Ok. I’ll check my schedule tomorrow.”

“I’ll let you choose where to stay at, because I honestly don’t mind wherever. As long as I can sleep and rest.” He shrugged.

“Yeah, sure. I may have some places in mind.” She pressed her lips together, forming it into a thin smile. Although it might be a little weird going overseas alone with a man—since she would usually go on holiday with Luna and her close friends, or her family members—she had no doubt that she would appreciate that week off. “By the way, you have an admirer.”

Kris looked at her. “I was going to warn you to not get jealous.”

Jieun elbowed him on the side of his waist, causing him to grin wider.

“This one is probably more than an admirer, though. She’s standing at one o’clock.”

Kris brought his attention to match Jieun’s direction, and his grin faltered at once as he saw Yoona’s face.

Though Jieun couldn’t help wondering about what could have possibly happened between Kris and that pretty woman, she didn’t try to acquire any more information as she saw the changes of expression on Kris’ face.

Kris then pulled her away from the spot and led her to the buffet area. She instantly beamed; her eyes delightfully fell on all the fancy foods that were laying across the table. She had few of the beef and mozzarella meatballs, few skewers of the chorizo and prawn, and tasted almost all of the desserts. She then filled her thirst with a glass of apple juice.

“I’m sorry.” Jieun had suddenly uttered.

“For what?”

“For eating all these foods, and probably embarrassed you.”

He faced her, standing an inch away. “Well, we probably going to get charge for those extra bites you had...”

She said she would prefer the nasty Kris, but she found herself pouting as soon as she heard his offensive comment.

“I’m kidding.” He prompted. With his thumb, Kris casually wiped the brownie crumbs off the corner of Jieun’s lipstick lips. “I’m not embarrassed, because I know that you’re eating for our baby as well.” He leaned in as he whispered in her ear. His eyes found Yoona’s.

Jieun didn’t know why, but the fact that he had started calling her baby as ‘our baby’ made her feel contented. Her brown eyes looked up to meet his. He was so closed to her, she could possibly drowsed in that amazing scent of his. “I…need to go to the ladies.” She told him and he let her go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The murmuring in the club was getting louder as the evening went by. Woohyun and Hyomin were sitting in one of the VIP areas, where they had their own little space yet visible enough to all the other clubbers.

Woohyun had called Hyomin for a night out. Or a date, he had put it. The truth would have revealed him as a bad person but at the same time, he had a natural affection towards Hyomin, despite his long lost feelings for Jieun.

“I thought you don’t do this sort of fun?” Hyomin asked him in a little shout. The speakers in the club were no joke.

“What? I love clubbing!” He spouted, almost laughing at his own lie.

Hyomin narrowed her eyes at him. “Why are we in a private booth, though?”

“Because I wanted to dance alone with you.” Smooth Woohyun, smooth.

Hyomin covered as her laughter turned out a little high pitch. “You’re funny, Nam Woohyun.” She shook her head but kept her gaze in his. Good thing the club had a fairly low light ambience or else, he would have seen her face turning red. Her heart started beating fast as he approached her closer.

“I’m glad you think I’m funny.” Woohyun had told her. He knew Hyomin wasn’t easy to impress so he pulled her up to her feet and led her to the dance floor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris saw Yoona walking towards him as soon as Jieun disappeared from his side. He let out a sigh, and walked himself out of the hall and into the garden area, where there were less people. He didn’t need any more drama in his life at the moment.

“What more do you want?” He spun around, as he heard her heels stopped clicking behind him.

“Wow, she really changes you.” She remarked in a hush tone but audible enough to his ears. “So, what did you do to her, Kris? Did you owe her or something? You were forced to marry her, weren’t you?”

Kris scoffed as he was so taken aback at the fact that she got everything right, but he wasn’t about to let his expression showed. “God, Yoona. Do you hear yourself?!”

“Yes, I can hear myself very well. And I know what a good actor you are too. I know something is up—” she walked closer to him, and looked at him straight in the eyes. She was after all much more taller than Jieun was.

“Damn it, Yoona. Just let me go, will you?” His voice softened, giving up to what he ought to remember what she was like. She could be relentless when it comes to the things that she wanted.

“No.” She shook her head. “I’ve tried. But I can’t let you go…” Her voice broke. “You never make anything easy on me, Kris. It was hard enough when I have to let you go once.”

Kris stared at her teary eyes, which for once weren’t fighting back to look into his. “Why did you let me go in the first place?”

Yoona opened her clutch and got herself a tissue. “I had no choice. You know my father isn’t a big fan of you. We both know he can strip all the privileges that we have with the magazine companies. I’m fine with nothing, but I can’t have yours taken away from you too.” She explained, dabbing the tears of her cheeks.

Of course Kris remembered Yoona’s father. He was not a big fan of him at all; he was eligible enough to be his number one hater.

“Why didn’t you tell me before?”

“I was an idiot. I thought it’d be best that we forget each other and create a new life. Well, o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter