CHAPTER 10; Day 66

303 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TEN Day 66 // Week 11 // Sunday

Kris was woken up by the warmth of another body pressed against his and his arm was being held ever so tightly. Despite being sleepy, his head managed to remind him of the horror movie that they had watched last night. He jerked his head to the side and eyes widened at which ghost that could possibly haunted him on a bright Sunday morning.

It was Jieun.

He breathed out in relief. Despite her number one rule of ‘will not make any unnecessary contacts towards each other’, she was the first one that failed to abide by it. His arm was pretty much in possession of her whole body. Didn’t want to wake her up, he stayed lie down next to her. With her being that closed to him, he could hear her soft breathing and could even feel her heartbeat, or rather her s. He wished she knew how dangerous was her action right now—not that she was conscious by it—because it would be a complete and absolute lie if he said he wasn’t attracted to her body.

He carefully turned to his side, facing the petite woman. Her sleeping face was so cute, he had the urge to kiss it. He pushed back the thought to the back of his head and closed his eyes. At the same time, he felt a movement from Jieun’s body.

Sensing by the sudden unclasped around his arm, Jieun was awake. Being a playful man he was, he put his other arm around her waist, instantly stopping her from getting up. He had heard her breathed out helplessly and he couldn’t help smiling in her hair—that smelt like honey.

Jieun grasped his wrist gently and very carefully, as she tried to get his arm off her body and not waking him up at the same time.

Kris made a movement and pretended to have just woken up. Jieun’s eyes widened as she was caught off guard. “Jieun?” He asked her. “What are you doing in my bed?”

“I…uhh…” She stuttered and now that he was awake, she quickly pushed his arm off her.

He jolted himself up. “When did you get into my bed?” He asked her with that usual teasing voice of his.

At the edge of the bed, she stood there trying to come up with a reason. “The baby and I were scared last night.” She began. “Sorry I slept in your bed.” She added before quickly took her leave out of the room.

Kris shook his head and laughter came out of his lips soon after she closed the door.

 

Day 67 // Week 11 // Monday

Kris had just dropped Jieun back at her office, after they had lunch together at a restaurant called Olivo located in east Seoul. The Paradise Group Seoul’s headquarter stood glossy and magnificent amongst the other buildings in the city. Paradise Group was created by Jieun’s late great-grandmother, who had started off by owning a boutique. She was then succeeded with another few of its branches, which later had turned into a 3-storey shopping mall by Jieun’s grandparents. Fifty years later, they owned at least ten malls all over South Korea. And over the years, they have been receiving proposals by the neighborhood countries to join venture – which explained why Jieun hadn’t had time to accept any real proposals. Until Kris came along…

Even then. She was forced to accept him. She couldn’t possibly turn down a situation that was made out of her sin.

Jieun’s office was on the top floor, along with her grandparents’ office. She made her way out of the elevator, only to realize that her phone wasn’t in her hand, as it should have been normally. She ped her Givenchy Antigona and rummaged her hand through it when her eyes had laid upon the sight of a familiar man, sitting and waiting at the reception area.

“Nam Woohyun?” She was supposed to call him out but his name came out in a whisper.

Nevertheless, she didn’t need to repeat herself as the man brought his head up and saw her standing there with one hand in her bag.

Woohyun smiled at her.

“Nam Woohyun.” Her voice sounded normal again as she walked up to him. She didn’t know whether to get angry at him or excited to see him. She figured it was more of the latter. “Where have you been?” She chided as she finally stood in front of him.

“I knew I’d get scolded by you the first thing.” He grinned.

Jieun frowned and hit his shoulder. “Seriously. Three years with no phone calls, no texts, not even a note. Did you think I should be happy to see you?”

Woohyun pretended to rub his wound on the side of his shoulder where Jieun had slapped him. “I’m sorry, Jieun ah.” He playfully bowed.

Jieun narrowed her eyes at him, before she had told her assistant to make two cups of tea and beckoned Woohyun to follow her.

“Jieun.” A familiar voice suddenly stopped them. Jieun spun her head to the right and saw Kris.

Kris held up Jieun’s phone in his hand.

“Ah, my phone!” She cheered gleefully as she thanked Kris.

Kris looked at Woohyun. “We’ve met, right?” He asked the other guy, squinting his eyes as he tried to remember.

“Yeah, at Hyomin’s house.” Woohyun smiled at Kris.

“Ah, now I remember. You’re friend of Hyomin.”

“Congratulations on your marriage.” Woohyun prompted, looking at Kris and his eyes lingered at Jieun’s.

Kris had caught on how Jieun looked seemingly bashful as soon as Woohyun looked at her. “Thank you.” He replied to Woohyun. “Do you two know each other—“

“Yes. Woohyun and I used to study at the same university in England.” Jieun finally spoken.

“What a small world.” Kris retorted. “Well, I guess I’ll leave you two to your reunion then. Nice to meet you again.” He nodded at Woohyun.

“You too.”

Jieun was about to make a move when Kris grabbed her wrist and kissed her lovingly on the cheek. “See you at home.” He whispered but just enough to make Woohyun heard him.

Jieun was taken aback by Kris’ strange behavior before her eyes had found Woohyun, she smiled and quickly led him into her office room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What was that earlier?” Jieun asked when she was having dinner with Kris back in the guest house. “That kiss earlier.” She stopped, almost adding ‘in front of Woohyun’ at the end of her sentence, but she thought it was no need.

 “I thought that’s a basic thing of what married couples usually do, isn’t it?” Kris glanced at her before he brought the meat in between the chopsticks into his mouth.

“Yes. But that’s also what I meant by unnecessary physical contacts in our rules.” She said sternly, ignoring Kris’ playful remark.

“Was it unnecessary? Or was it because there’s Woohyun?”

Jieun stopped eating as soon as Woohyun’s name came out of Kris’ lips. “No. It’s not because of him. I just thought it’s unnecessary to kiss me at my work place.” She responded, hoping that Kris wouldn’t be able to read her lying expression.

“Well, I’m sorry I kissed you on the cheek in your work place.” He bluntly apologized.

The dinner suddenly went awkward as ten minutes passed since they had said anything to each other.

“Woohyun and I are just friends.” Jieun professed truthfully.

“Well, you don’t seem to be just a friend to him.”

Jieun raised her eyebrows as she brought her face up to look at him. “What does that mean?”

“You are really the most naïve woman that I have ever met.” Kris gave out a little scoff as he shook his head. He then looked at her in the eyes. “I can tell when a guy likes a girl. And he is clearly into you.”

Jieun snorted a laugh. “Well, you’re wrong.”

Kris narrowed his eyes at her.

“How do you know he likes me?”

“The way he looks at you.”

“You can’t tell if people like someone just by the way they look at the other.”

“Fine. I kissed you so I’d see his reaction.”

Jieun didn’t flinch but his respond had made her uncomfortable in her seat.

“He was jealous.” He added, finishing off the rice in his bowl.

“Ok. But what is your point of telling me all this? Are you telling me that I should give him a chance? Should I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter