CHAPTER 09; Day 59

303 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER NINE

Day 59 // Week 10 // Sunday

Kris slept atrociously last night, as he went to bed worrying about Yoona. Somehow he figured that he would have to face her someday. He had to tell her that it was really over and she needed to get over him. No matter how much he hated the fact that he could still feel his heart beating for Yoona, he now had a new priority and that would be his baby in Jieun’s belly. And Jieun…

He had sworn at the altar that he would give her his heart, his promise to walk with her wherever their journey led them to, to care for her when she needed him, and to love her, forever. Although the last four words were the hardest words that he had ever to pronounce, but he was told that he would make a hell of an actor. And he was so confident that his kiss would have been more than enough too.

Kris got himself out of the bed and realized that he wasn’t in his house. He ought to get used to waking up in this elegant, minimal décor en-suite room. He got rid of his sleepwear and walked straight into the bathroom.

Perhaps he wouldn’t deny if anyone reminded him that Jieun wasn’t his type but at the same time, he knew very well that Jieun was no difference than every other woman that he had been with. Or could it be that he was only drawn to her because of her disinterest in him?

Jieun breathed out slowly as her lips curved into a smile. “Your heart is beating quite fast.” She had whispered, looking down into his eyes.

“Really?” Kris coolly asked her back. He couldn’t deny it. She smelt like vanilla, and it was distracting him.

“Bet you’re always like this though—with every woman that you do your job with.”

His chest vibrated as he lightly laughed. “Maybe you’re wrong.”

She had joined him laughing.

“If I say I never was as nervous as I am right now, would you believe me?” Kris asked her.

She gingerly ran her finger along his jawline. “Why would you be nervous? This is your job.”

Kris took his time to answer, not taking his eyes off her delicate face. He caught her moving hand and kissed it gently. “Because you’re the first woman to make me feel this way.” He told her.

Kris was no stranger when it comes to sweet talks, but what was it about her touch that was so different than every other girl—that had made Kris submitted himself to her? And if anything, last night was the biggest mistake he had ever done—when he had offered to massage her bewitching bare legs. Only because he was sober as a preacher on Sunday morning. Boy, that was a serious uphill battle. And it was only the first night…

Kris the shower tap and let the cold water rained on top of his head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jieun had just finished drying her hair and dressed herself in a baggy white jumper and a pair of white leggings. Although her baby bump was still so small, she had given up on most of her jeans. She was on her way to the kitchen when she had made an abrupt stop and turned her head to the room that Kris was staying in. She wondered if he was awake. Then again, the later he woke up, the shorter amount of time she had to spend with him—the better.

Jieun continued making her way to the kitchen and brewed a pot of coffee. She opened the refrigerator and saw some vegetables and several other healthy foods had been filled in it. She figured one of the house maids' might have done the job yesterday. The cupboards were also full with all sorts of sauces and pastes. She didn’t even know why they had to be so many when they knew she hardly cooked before.

Then, her eyes laid on the boxes of cereals on the top shelf that were too high for her to even look at. She moved backward and tipped on her toes.

“Why would they put the cereals so high?” She mumbled, slightly annoyed.

“Maybe so you can ask me nicely to get it for you.”

Jieun’s head spun towards the voice. Of course it was Kris. She hardly knew anyone else with such a low and gravelly (not y at all) voice, who also happened to be someone that she had to live with for the next eight months.

She sighed. “It must be nice being tall, I guess.”

He walked closer to the worktop, facing her. He had easily blocked out her view of the top cupboard with his tall head. “It is nice, when I’m with a short woman.” He smirked.

Jieun rolled her eyes. “Well, this short pregnant woman, who happens to be carrying your baby, is hungry.” She mentioned. “Please get me the red one.” She then added.

“Yes ma’am.” Kris playfully remarked and pulled the box of Fruit Loops out of the shelf.

Jieun took the cereal box from his hand and glared at him. “Thank you.” She said, before grabbing a bowl out from the other cupboard. She turned to look at him. “What do you usually have for breakfast then?” She asked and brought her eyes back to her bowl, pouring the cereals in it.

“Anything, really. I’m not fussy.” He shrugged.

“I brewed coffee for you.” She said. “Do you want toast? If you want something heavier, I guess we could go down to the main house—“

“Toast and coffee would be fine.” He nodded his head.

“Ok.” She muttered silently and poured the hot coffee into a mug. She then took out two slices of bread from its bag and stuck them in the toaster. “So, I think we should create some ground rules…for us. Since our marriage is practically a contract…” She stopped and looked at him.

Kris was waiting for her to finish her sentence when he realized that was all, he took the mug of coffee and had a sip. He acknowledged that she made the best coffee. “Yeah, whatever you want.” He finally agreed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“They actually look cute together, don’t they?” Luna asked her boyfriend as she flicked through the pictures that she took from yesterday’s event. She was no photographer but she would say that she took some decent pictures of Jieun and Kris. The only video that she had taken of the couple was when they were both at the altar; and for some reason, Luna couldn’t stop replaying the part where he had kissed Jieun on the lips. “Has he ever considered in acting?” He asked Chanyeol, not taking her eyes off the screen.

Chanyeol, who was busy reading something on his phone, took a quick glance at her girlfriend. “Who?” He asked Luna, completely oblivious at the fact that she had been wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter