CHAPTER 07; DAY 52

303 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SEVEN Day 52 // Week 9 // Sunday

Jieun had fitted herself in the first wedding dress that had been specifically chosen for her. It was a cream-coloured silk gown with three-quarter-length sleeves, and there were crystal and pearl beads scattered attractively around her bust. The most important thing about the dress was that she didn’t have to worry about her bump (if there was any) since the skirt flowed from the bust downward. Her auburn hair was curled into loose waves and she was wearing dangling pearl earrings. A veil with a pearl crown headpiece also sat on top of her head, flowing beautifully across her back.

Turned out that she had few sponsors and they had all went through her mother. The final three pieces that she would be wearing—including the one that she was wearing—were all of her mother’s picks. Now that she tried to remember, her mother did tell her about this photoshoot, few days ago. How do I manage to forget things so easily lately? Is this one of the pregnancy flaws as well? She helplessly thought. Though knowing her mother’s exquisite taste in fashion, and who also knew her best, Jieun would have told her mother that she trusted in everything that her mother thought would look best on her.

The stylist was still fiddling with her veil as she watched Kris taking his solo shots by the window. He was so natural in front of the camera, so handsome that it made Jieun hated him even more.

She hated a lot of things too lately but none had surpassed her severe dislike towards Kris Wu. Well, she was warming up to him few days ago, before he just had to ruin it again.

Kris had finally done with his solo shots and he walked straight to Jieun as soon as he landed his eyes on her.

“Wow.” He muttered under his breath as he smiled endearingly at his wife-to-be.

Jieun couldn’t tell whether he was faking it or he was actually trying to compliment her.

“You look absolutely beautiful, Miss Song!” Brian chided in. “Ok, let’s have you standing over the same spot as Kris was, by the window.” He instructed and motioned the stylist to assist Jieun.

And then when Jieun felt like she needed to go to the toilet.

 

The second dress had Jieun wondered why her mother chose it; it was simply risqué. The dress was in a classic white, long lace sleeves with a flattering V-neck that showed off her y pregnancy s. If that wasn’t revealing enough, the dress was hugging her hip, flaunting off her curves. She was a little afraid that her baby bump was going to make an appearance but responsively, it was hardly shown. She looked into the mirror and even though the baby bump wasn’t showing yet, she recoiled from seeing her own reflection. She had gotten a little round and her s, for once, were popping out.

“I don’t think this dress is for me—“ She mumbled while patting on her stomach gently.

“—I think you look fine in it.” Kris voiced out, suddenly appearing in front of Jieun out of nowhere. He was in his second costume. A velvety tuxedo in burgundy, and very stylish on him, as usual.

Jieun subtly rolled her eyes. Her hair was up in a bun this time, and she was wearing a pair of stunning diamond earrings. The stylist finished off her outfit with another train of veil and a diamante crown on top of her head.

“I chose this dress.” He told her.

It was out of her control and naturally, she had slap the side of his arm. She closed the gap between them and looked up to meet his eyes. “You do know I’m pregnant, right?” She whispered as she emphasized the word pregnant through her gritted teeth.

Kris casually held onto her wrists as he took a step back. He eyed her from her head to her toes, and his piercing gaze subtly stopped at her abdomen. “Of course I know.” He smirked and engulfed her into his embrace. “But honestly, you look very y right now, Miss Song Jieun.” His deep voice was stern yet gentle as he whispered into her ear. He then brought his eyes to hers, looking down into them like he had never looked at her before.

Then, there was the sound of the camera clicked. Brian grinned at them.

Jieun didn’t know since when was her hand in Kris’ but she couldn’t complain. “You only said that because you knew where the camera was.”

“Yes.” He nodded. “But I was also speaking the truth.” He half smiled at her.

Jieun ignored her heart in which had voluntarily skipped a beat. Damn these pregnancy hormones. It didn’t help when he smelt so good, she just wanted to stay in his arms.

Kris and Jieun were then being escorted to a narrow hallway that was covered in Oak veneer paneling wall and frames of old paintings. Brian directed them to walk through hand in hand and looked back to the camera. They did the exact order, few times. The stylist had to adjust her veil every once in a while, making it look gloriously long for a charming result.

Next was when Brian instructed Kris to lean on to the wooden wall, while Jieun leaning closed against him, palms on his chest. Kris inwardly hugged the side of her waist and staring down at her. “Just relax. Give him what he wants and it will be over before you know it.” He had told her in a hush tone before flashing a charming smile.

Jieun giggled softly as she let her forehead fell onto his chest, breathing in his addictive scent at the same time.

“That’s good, guys. Kris, keep teasing your future wife, please.”

Soon enough, Jieun was out of her second dress and she had to excuse herself to the ladies’ room again. It was her third time today. She had only drank a bottle of water. The pregnancy guide was not kidding when it had said that she would also need the toilet more than she could count.

 

Jieun’s third dress was a short, A-line fluffy skirt, with lace straps; Kris had a suspender on top of a white fitted shirt that was hugging his broad frame, and a pair of white trousers. While pretending to be baking, they had to do a lot of cute and sweet poses in the kitchen. At one point, Kris had to prop Jieun up to sit onto the marble worktop. Jieun squealed as the back of her bare thighs touched the cold tiles, making her unconsciously clung on to Kris’ neck. Everyone laughed at her sudden cuteness. Meanwhile, Déjà vu had hit Kris hard. His mind flashed back to the very first time that she had wrapped her arms around his neck. It was on that fateful night—she was irresistibly cute too at the time.

Jieun noticed the amorous stare that Kris was given her, she dared herself to linger her gaze in his. He smiled, and she smiled back. She then diverted her stare into the bowl next to her. There was a r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter